[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the obsession with this show ? - criticts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6
File: 2ea.jpg (187 KB, 853x480) Image search: [Google]
2ea.jpg
187 KB, 853x480
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/293/589/2ea.jpg
>>
>>27589546
L-LEWD
>>
I have to do this little rant here since i saw that some members of ttlg comunity seem to be OBSESSED with this stupid show.

I understand that there are many children who enjoy this cartoon and have fun and laugh about the jokes and shit. But i just dont get how grown up people , GROWN MEN for gods sake, not only watch this show but buying wallpapers and little figures and and puppets brushing theyr hair talking to them as if they were real and creating groups where they share they religious fanatism about this lame show.

First of all let me get this streight for everyone who doesnt know the show. Its about a bunch of Ponys who live in a phantasyworld in a steriotypical girly princessworld where they fight the evil powers and face conflicts about friendship and loyalty.

Sounds not so bad at first so i gave it a try to understand what this religious hype about MLP is all about. after i forced myself until the end of season 2 i really have to say that i am fukin fed up with this boring shit.

The story is soooo childish and not credible ! A darkpony wants to takeover the world so that other ponies live in loneliness. Doesnt make sense at all !!! Why would anyone want to rule over the world just for the single purpose to opress other people (ponys) to become sad and depressed ... for no reason at all ! Then they face RETARDED friendshipissues like " if you want to be the rainbowqueen-pony lets kill your friends " - oh no i love my friends i cant betray them by shooting and fucking killing them -

what lesson am i supposed to learn from this kind of shit ? Dont murder your friends for personal gain because its wrong ? are you fucking kidding me ? isnt that fucking obvious ? This show is full of these retarded lessons !
>>
I wouldnt mind if this was just a stupid show for stupid kids ... but there are masses of grown up male fans who celebrate it as the best show that ever existed, dedicating theyr life to it as if its a religion and if you dare to critisise this craptv, you get insulted as if you were a childmolester. what the hell is so facinating about this show that people build peergroups en massssssss and share theyr compassion with this boring series ?
>>
sorry i hope no offence is taken ... i just really would like to understand what this hype is all about ?
>>
File: 3a0.jpg (335 KB, 2500x1189) Image search: [Google]
3a0.jpg
335 KB, 2500x1189
the pics are nice though
>>
>monthly "I don't understand the appeal" thread
Wow, it's been a while.

It's a matter of taste. If you don't like it, you don't like it. You might as well ask people why they like chocolate icecream.
>>
>>
so whats the big deal about the show ... what do you like about it ? i cant believe its just a matter of taste ... its a matter of taste if you like game of thrones or rather the walking dead ... one phantasy one real ... but its not a matter of taste if you like such an undemanding childstory
>>
File: 1414817853294.gif (142 KB, 550x301) Image search: [Google]
1414817853294.gif
142 KB, 550x301
>>27589678
good characters, good songs, good voice acting, decent stories, lighthearted humor, and looks pleasing to the eyes.

its cute horses doing cute things.
>>
>>27589678
I would write my reasons, and some people here would like to as well, but we've already explained why we like this show so many times its just a bother to us now. And this thread is about to be deleted any minute now anyways because threads like this are against the rules.
>>
makes sense.... but the story is clearly not decent
>>
>>27589729
thats a matter of taste, which youve already stated you dont like. much like someone who dislikes chocolate icecream asking someone else to explain what the appeal of it is.
>>
why is it against the rules to question the popularity of this show
>>
god i hate this show
>>
>>27589740
because idiots like you used to come here hourly to ask the same question.

what do you hope to get out of this, assuming youre not just being an ebin troll? youve already made up your mind about it.
>>
File: 1449372840325.png (14 KB, 1310x972) Image search: [Google]
1449372840325.png
14 KB, 1310x972
These threads are supposed to be bannable but our mods are fags.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 261x320) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 261x320
>>27589593
>>monthly "I don't understand the appeal" thread
Came here to post that
Also >>27589546, like what other anons said. It's against the rules to ask stupid Questions.
>>
How old are you? You have no grammar or any sense of spelling, go back to your lowest common denominator of drama that is "who is gonna die next?" People like game of thrones and the walking dead because having characters die is the only way to hook people anymore. That is why attack on titan is one of the few animes that got popular in the West. All the budget goes into the action, but the story is slow and characters die. That is all people care about. You say it isn't a matter of taste if you like an "undemanding childstory", but that is exactly how I would describe the popular dramas you consider good.
>>
it has:
ponies
teenage girls
business empires
castles
dragons
and monsters
heartwarming stories
dank maymays

for starters.
>>
>>27589546
Ponies are cute
>>
>>27591023

This
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.