[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bard Quest #5.2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 8
File: OP_mk4.png (452 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
OP_mk4.png
452 KB, 1000x800
The world is huge, and many wonder what lies beyond the horizon behind the windows of their house
And so, many leave their home in the hope to discover more than what a sedentary life has to offer
This is the fate you chose, as on your 18th birthday, you left your home to travel and live from your music
A wandering musician, earning your coins from the generosity of others, in exchange of a romantic song for a loved one or a hearty jig for a crowd
This is how you’ve spend the last two months
A vagrant’s profession, your father said, but still he didn’t stop you
This is only the beginning of your journey, and already it has filled you with vibrant memories
You can’t wait to make more

And now, while this little bard mare travels to the minotaur city of Daedalus where the Superbrawl will take place in a week. Along with Winter Seed, the zebra and the newly met Cabbage, an alraune who brought her a strange surprise this morning.

This is a CYOA about a young pony discovering the world inspired by the many fantasy settings that exist out there

Previously:
https://www.anonpone.com/blord/

The list of the possessions you carry around in your travels is currently:
Your trusty saddle-bags, your coltly headband, a walking stick, a traveller’s blanket, a lighter, the Diamond Claws, you heirloom Harmonica, a med kit, a canteen of water, a rough map of the continent, some carrots and, a pouch containing 62 silver coins and 5 cooper coins, an unidentified magic flask.
>>
>Still, you’ve got a few more idea to experiment with this item
>Fetching your canteen from you bags, you pop the plug of the strange vial off and pour water inside
>As soon as you place the cork back on, a strange faint hissing sound comes from the item
>A faint shimmering light start to emanate from the water inside, and at the same time, the circling of the vial takes the dull hue of brass instead of gold
“Winty! Fetch! Did you see that?” You ask in excitement
>”Yes” The surprised zebra answers “And I’m still watching”
“What just happened?”
>”Hum…” He squints his eyes to the item “I think the flask imbued the water with magic. How odd… I’ve never seen something like that before”
“Wait, so the vial is not magic anymore?”
>The zebra give the item a thorough inspection again
>”No, that’s not it” He concludes “I think it just needs to recharge for a while, and then it’ll probably turn bright again”
>Despite the glitter the liquid acquired, it remained completely odourless, and flows just as regular water would as you shake the vial
>You guess the only thing left to do is use the water on something, but do you want to do that now?

>What do?
>>
>>27444404
Should... should I drink it? Pour a little on the ground. We'll have someone check it out in Daedalus.
>>
>>27444404
Tasting it will be the last step. First we try it on a rock, then a tree, then our tail, and only then do we try drinking it. If at any point anything we put it on screams, we abandon the experiment.
>>
>>27444609
>>27444612
>You feel like doing some field research!
>Under the watchful eyes of Fetch and Winty, you first decide to test the content of the enchanted water on a simple rock on the ground
>You soak the peddle, but disappointingly, nothing else happens than the rock becoming wet
>For the next step, you decide to ad empty some of the flask at the base of the nearest tree
>And once again, you don’t witness any effect at all
>You then dare to let a few drops hit your tail, but nothing special happens to your hairs back there
>Welp… You contemplate the shimmering water, thinking that you might as well try to get a taste of it
>However, just as you were bringing the flask to your mouth, you’re interrupted by Winter Seed
>”Harmony!” He calls you “There’s something happening to that tree, come!”
>And finally, you think you’ve got a reaction!
>Turns out the effect wasn’t instantaneous, but there’s something happening to the tree, localised on the roots you poured the liquid on
>A small part of the trunk turned transparent, just like if it was made of water, and you can see the fair wood inside through it
>The vegetal, despite looking crystal clear, keeps its regular shape nonetheless

>What do?
>>
>>27444820
So it makes the stuff you pour it on look like what was inside it? Check our tail! Then maybe pour it on our hoof?
>>
>>27444906
A good idea. And next time we'll fill the flask with something else to see if it affects the result. Maybe put one of Winter's hairs in there and see if we can turn into a Zebra.
>>
>>27444820
What a strange item.
>>
>>27444906
>>27445095
>>27445158
“Woah!” You jump in excitement “The tree became what we put into the flask! So that means…”
>You expectantly look at your tail, but much to your disappointment, it’s still the same old tuff of wild hairs
>”If contact is not enough” Winter Seed declares “That probably means you have to drink it somehow”
>He strokes the wet earth near the tree with his hoof
>”That tree probably took that potion in though its roots”
>”Anyway, I doubt this transformation will be permanent, let’s wait and see how long it lasts before anything else”
>You watch the tree for some time, poking the transparent bark from time to time
>Despite being able to poke your hoof inside the tree, its shape comes back to normal when you pull away
>Luckily, it doesn’t take too long for the effect to stop, and after only a dozen minutes, the tree becomes normal again
“Huh… so it lasts only for a couple of minutes. What a strange item” You ponder, thinking of the possibilities
>You show a mischievous grin to your friend
“Hey, ‘think you can spare me a tuff of hair? Maybe I can see what it’s like to be a zebra!”
>”Hehe…” He chuckles “That would be amusing, but the power of the flask seems to be still depleted”
>Indeed, the vial, despite being still half-full of a shimmering liquid, is still looking dull
>”That’ll have to wait a little…”

>What do?
>>
>>27445265
Aww... oh well! Still neat though.

Let's get going.
>>
>>27445265
We can now continue on our journey.
Good job finding this cabbage. Pet him.
>>
>>27445308
>>27445325
“Ow, bummer” You wince for an instant, but a smile quickly comes back to your face
“Well, it’s still neat, though!” you shrug as you pocket the vial, still containing some water, in your saddlebags
>Anyway, you think Cabbage deserve a little reward for finding this cool thing
>You happily bounce to him and take him in a tight hug
“You’re a good boy, Cabby!” You say as you ruffle the Alraune’s leaves, getting a soft purr out of the creature
“Today, you found something really funny! Thank you!”
>You spend a little time playing with the plant pony, and playing some music to him
>Soon, after, it’s time for everyone to go on their own journey
>Both your group and Far Fetch start to pack your things to leave the bivouac
>You wish luck to the dog in his quest to find his destiny as you part ways
>He goes off the path while you remain in the main road to Daedalus, waving to you as he disappears in the tall grass of the hills
>Well rested, the three of you walk at a good pace, and progress toward your destination
>You don’t encounter anything else than the occasional chirping bird this morning, and travel until noon, when your stomach start to grumble
>Searching for a place to rest, you think you can see a pond with some trees around half a mile away from the path
>The road is also passing near about a mile further ahead
>Cabbage left you a few minutes ago, you haven’t seen him since

>What do?
>>
see you tomorrow
>>
>>27445683
Find cabbage and proceed towards the road. Greater chance of meeting new people.
>>
>>27445683
He'll back eventually. Eat something since you're starving. Eat them crackers.
>>
needed bump
>>
>>27448511
>>
>>27449036
>>
So it's another two days of travel till we reach the city right? Because only one night has passed.
>>
>>27451127
>>
>>27451127
>>
Leaving page 10.
>>
File: bard25.png (343 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
bard25.png
343 KB, 1000x600
>>27449954
>>27445955
>>27446721
>You don’t worry much about Cabby and decide to head for the forest ahead
>After all, you’ll have less chance to meet new people out of the road, and that would be absolutely terrible
>You finish the walk toward the wood, and motion under the cover of the rustling leaves
>The place is strangely quiet, but offers a nice respite from the rays of the sun
>Perfect place for a rest!

>What do?
>>
>>27453989
Begin resting. Play a little song if you so desire.
>>
>>27453989
>Well rested
>searching for a place to rest
>Perfect place for rest!
P-please don't kill us Pleeny.
>>
>>27453989
Ahh art. Always nice.

By all means, let's rest! Play a little and try to come up with a tune for the song of our last adventure. Maybe something with high, happy notes that descend into something somber and dark, then at last rises again. I dunno, just seems like something Harmony would enjoy doing, tinkering with tunes.
>>
>>27454020
>>27454038
>>27454040
>You sit down, letting your bag lie on the ground
>Winter Seed decides to check for some eatable plants around to cheer up the lunch
>Meanwhile, you whip out your harmonica, and decide to have a little fun with tonalities
>However you’re soon interrupted by a scream coming from your zebra friend
>You turn you head, and see that a hooded minotaur emerged from the shrubs he was looking into, menacingly carrying a huge piece of wood like a mace
>In panic, Winter Seed fell on his back and is crawling back to you, a panicked expression on his face
>You don’t have any time to react before another minotaur comes out of the bushes behind you with a lumberers’ axe
>And from one of the trees, a diamond dog deftly jumps from one of the branches to the ground, and he has a loaded crossbow!
>The first minotaur draws near, forcing Winter Seed to come back to back with you
>You’re surrounded, and you feel a gust of panic grow inside of you as the three bandits stand threateningly
>”Don’t do anything funny, you two!” The dog barks, menacingly pointing his weapon at you “You just ran out of luck!”
>”Let your stuff here and get out of my woods!” He orders

>What do?
>>
>>27454323
You can't tell me what to do!
Make a funny face like crossing your eyes and sticking out your tongue.
Now wasn't that funny?
There a tree we can jump behind? We can drink that bottle we have quickly.
>>
>>27454323
Shout "POCKET CHANGE" and throw our money at the dog's face and fly off into the trees. Don't be fooled, that happened to me once. It hurt.

I'm sure Winter will be fine. The only thing he has is his mask and seeds. Not much value to bandits. We'll be sure to save him somehow.
>>
>>27454323
You know I have a plant monster friend that can probably spit poison, right?
>>
>>27454323
What? No.
>>27454379
Also this.
>>
>>27454379
>>27454413
>>27454581
>>27454671
“What?” You try to muster up some backbone to show those meanies “No! You can’t tell me what to do!”
>You crosses your eyes, and stick your tongue out
“I’ll let you know I have a plant monster friend that can probably shoot acid with its tentacles, and it’s gonna get you any sec-“
>”Shut your mouth, stupid!” The Dog cuts you “Do you want to be beaten onto a pulp or something?”
>Eh… looks like this one doesn’t really have a good sense of humour
>Looking around, there’s no tree near enough to get you out of range from all the brigands at once
>So instead you slowly reach to your bag, you think this might be a good time to watch that potion
>”Hey!” The dog growls “What did I say? Nothing funny!”
>Woops
>”Watch out!” He makes his visibly homemade weapon rattles “This baby can get triggered pretty fast”
“W-wait!” You stammer, sweating heavily “I’ll give you my money, it’s ok, I’m down…”
>The dog raises a suspicious eyebrow, but doesn’t stop you any further
>Just as you said, you pick out the pouch containing your coins and open it for the thief to see inside
”B-but you know” You continue, barely containing a smirk “I’m not rich, a-all I have in here is…”
>The nearly seventy coins you had were by far the heaviest things in your bags, and that dog’s gonna learning the hard way
“…POCKET CHANGE!” You shout, hurling the open bag at the dog, which spills half of its content in the air
>Surprised, the dog reflexively shoots his bolt on the bag, which pierces through the leather and goes over your head with a dreadful hiss
>But that doesn’t stop the pouch to heavily collide with his face, making him drop the crossbow
>”Arg!” He groans angrily “Get them!” He hisses to his grunts as he fumbles to pick up and load his weapon
>>
>>27455052
>But without the threat of the crossbow, you can jump to the sky before the minotaurs can catch you, bringing your important stuff with you
>You’re feeling a little guilty letting Winter Seed behind, but he’s a monk, and got nothing of value on him so you doubt these bandits are going to do anything to him
>Hopefully…
>You wait for him over a mile ahead on the road, hidden in the tall grass for 5 minutes
>At 10 minutes you can’t stop yourself from trembling
>15 minutes in… and you’re gradually starting to…
>Wait, it’s him!
>Winter Seed emerges from behind a hill, and he looks alright, and even has his bags!
>He’s also accompanied by a dark grey pegasus you don’t know
>The slender guy has an orange mane tied in many tight braids pinned on his head
>Even from here, you can see his eyes, bright yellow like the ones of an eagle, and he walks with the graceful dexterity of a feline
>And by the strait coat he’s wearing and the tall lance crossing his back, you realise he must be a Harrier!
>These guys are warriors who swore to protect the people all across the continent, and spend their live training with their lance and learning words of wisdom from their elders
>Their order was originally created to fight against dragons which could threaten whole settlements at once, but they intervene on smaller threats when they have the occasion
>And despite having their headquarters in the pony realm in Mount Ponlympus, they aren’t affiliated to any country’s army
>You’ve seen them training once while you were there, and they’re completely badass! He must have shown those bullies who’s the boss
>You hop out of your hiding place, and trot happily toward the two ponies
>Upon seeing you, a smile illuminates the zebra’s face and he runs toward you to take you in a hug
>>
>>27455060
>”Oh, Harmony” He exclaims as you’re both taken in each other’s arms “It has never been so good to see you!”
“Same here!” You feel a tear rolling on your cheek “And you’re the one who stayed behind, I’m the one being glad, here!”
“You got some help, right?”
>”Hum!” He nods in your arms “Gust here took care of them masterfully, they ran away tail between their legs”
>Well, seems like someone deserves a lot of “thank you!” hugs
>But as you were going to thank the other pony, you’re stopped in your intend by the strange face he’s making to you
>He looks… incredibly angry
>”I can’t believe it” He declares, staring at you, a taste of disgust in his voice “Among all ponies, you, abandoned your friend in the hands of those lousy scumbags”
>”Tell me, how can you even consider yourself a proper equine being? You coward!”
>The word sounds like the worst insult of the world in his mouth

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>27455072
>We missed being rescused by a total badass and now are being chewed out by him

Double fuck. I would have totally rolled over if I knew this fucker was gonna show up.

Under such harsh fire from someone she respects so much I say Harmony crumples onto the ground crying and pathetically whimpering "I'm sorry" repeatedly through her sobs. Also begs Winter forgiveness and says she's a bad friend and he should leave her.
>>
Leaving nine.
>>
Bamp.
>>
>>27456086
>>
>>27457283
leaving page 10
>>
have a good night bump
>>
>>27458725
>>
>>27455072

We figured they wouldn't bother Winty because he has nothing to give them and removing ourselves from the situation would be the safest thing for everyone. Even if we gave them all our belongings they could have wanted...other things from us.
>>
>>27455072
first of god damn all it was 3 against two and two of them were Minotaur which count as two ponies, maybe even three so really it was five against two.
second as winter will confirm for us, we're not FIGHTERS. We play the harmonica. We would have lost if we tried to fight them for sure.
THIRD, we thought we could have found somepony to help.
so why don't you just think about all that before you judge the actions of others. Idiot.
curse the dumb fuck that made us run away in the first place.
>>
Bump it.
>>
>>27461182
First of all, I take offense to that. Secondly, I agree.
>>
give that guy a boop to turn that frown upside down.
>>
>>27462009
>>27461182
>>27459474
>>27455147
“Hey!” You retorts angrily, trying to place a boop on his nose, which he expertly blocks to your dismay
“They were three against us, five since the bull count as two me! And I’m no warrior, I wield the harmonica, not a weapon of any kind!”
>”And somewhat” The Pegasus answers sternly “That justifies letting your fellow traveller behind while fly away without him?”
“B-but… You know…” You stammer, desperately trying to find yourself an excuse despite the guilt you’re feeling
“I thought they would never hurt a poor monk, and that removing myself from the mess was a safe thing to do”
>”So,” the warrior retorts “All you have to say is that your trusted these bandits to treat your companion reasonably?”
>”They could also have used him as a punching bag out of frustration, for all you know…”
“Well… but… I was really scared, and even if they took all my stuff” You meekly hold your arm
“… they could have wanted…” The blush of an endangered maiden spreads across your face “to take something else from me…”
>However, the grey Pegasus remains oblivious to your prudish insecurities
>“Two minotaurs and a diamond dog… seriously?” He berates “You acted despicably, stop trying to find excuses!”
>There’s no other word, he’s right about everything
>The judgment hits you like concrete, you’ve been a real clod today, and abandoned a dear friend of yours, nothing less
>And your shattered ego makes your knees week, and the water start to cloud your vision
“I… ‘Am zooooorry, Winty!” You cry, exploding in tears “Bouhou! I’m zorry I’m zuch a bad pony”
>”Harmony, s-stop!” He stammers, embarrassingly taking your sobbing from in his arms “I-It’s alright, I’d have asked you to leave alone if had come up with a way for you to do so anyway”
“Winty *snifffff* You’re zuch a nice dude, I don’t dezerve you az a pfwend!”
>>
>>27462518
>The zebra manages to show an awkward smile “That’s not a problem, you don’t have a word to say when it comes to whether I consider myself a friend of yours or not”
>Winter Seed keeps trying to calm you down, gently patting your mane and whispering soothing words in your hear
>Meanwhile, Gust still judges you with his glare, but seems more sad than angry, now

>What do?
>>
>>27462529
question gust, and this is very important to me. Do they think you're a colt?
if so, question why we keep finding stupid ponies.
there was little way out of that scenario. we don't even have a knife. the biggest concern was them taking the harmonica.
>>
>>27462529
Try to gather ourselves and sulk a little while before asking what I think this anon is >>27462582. "Do... do you think we're a colt?"

On an entirely spererate note, we'll have to go on a march of shame into the woods to pick up our money.
>>
>>27462582
>>27462724
>After a little more crying, you finally manage to calm down a little
“Alright, I’m feeling a little better” You say as you wipe the last tear off your cheek “And the most important thing is that no one got hurt in the end, thanks to Gust”
“Anyway, I hate having to do so” You cringe “But I probably need to get back in that wood to pick up my money…”
>”There’s no need” Winter declares, and opens his bag to reveal your coin pouch “I’ve picked your bag before leaving”
“Wow, WInty… you’re really an awesome guy!” You say as you gratefully take the pouch back
>Looks like everything is in order for you to continue your travel
>Although, there’s still your grumpy saviour, who seems lost in his thoughts right now
“Ahem, Gust” The Pegasus perks up, but still look crossed with you “Can I ask you something?”
>”What is it?”
“Well… by any chance, do you think I’m a colt?” You ask
>He blink a few times, as if he had trouble understanding what you just asked, before seeing red
>“What?!” He barks at you. Somewhat, you seem to have touched a sensible topic “Off course not! Why would you ask that?”
>“Don’t tell me you believe mares can’t stand for themselves!”
>He walks up to you, touching your nose with his own snout as brings his angered face dangerously close to yours
>“There’s a history of brave warriors who happened to be mares among our ranks, I won’t let you insult their memories!”

>What do?
>>
>>27462968
you know what? I know how to solve this. challenge him to a fight. whip out the harmonica and attempt to beat his ass. show him all the skill you have as a fighter and then he'll see why it was better to run.
>>
>>27462968
I-I was just asking because I've been mistaken as a colt before...

>>27463000
Please fucking don't.
>>
>>27463092
we're doing it. don't be a wimp.
>>
I mean, it would demonstrate how pointless it would have been for us to stay, and I doubt he'll actually hurt us...
>>
>>27463000
Trips confirm good idea.
>>
>>27462968
Explain as >>27463092 suggested, making sure he understands that we meant no disrespect to female warriors.

Then and only then do we challenge him to a fight like >>27463000 suggested, because we are offended that he thought we could be so sexist.
>>
>>27463169
>>27463162
>>27463113
>>27463092
>>27463000
>Alright, you’re starting to get fed up with this guy’s attitude
>You don’t know why he thinks you’re some sort of hotshot, but you’re gonna prove him otherwise
>And you’re doing it the hard way!
>…For you…
“That’s it, I’ve had enough!” You scrunch fiercely and take a step back “You wanna see me kick some butts? How about I start with yours, then!”
>You pick out your instrument and wave it menacingly in your hoof, as much as a harmonica can be intimidating, at least
>However, the warrior falls silent at your provocation, and his animosity toward you is replaced by a strange expression of distress
“What’s the problem, lad?” You taunt him “Afraid to get beaten up by a chick?”
“And don’t go easy on me because I’m a girl! Other foals called me the plague of the playground at the time!”
>”No, I’m!” He shakes his head, at a loss of words
>“I’m…” The sentence dies once again on his lips, while he looks sadly to the ground
>“My apologies…” He finally says “I’ve been… acting like an idiot, and I was being completely irrational with you earlier”
>”I… I don’t know what I expected, and obviously I’ve been taking you for someone you’re not”
>He lets out a heavy sigh, and start to walk away from you and Winty
>”Once again, I’m sorry” He says “I’m glad I could help you and your friend out of this predicament”
>The Pegasus seems ready to take off, but gives you one last glance before doing so
>And despite his fierce expression, a single tear rolls on his cheek

>What do?
>>
>>27463320
Well we need to catch him and cry with him, obviously.
>>
>>27463320

Well, that went well.
>>
>>27463320
I can't believe that god damn coward is running.
I'm still angry and I still want to fight him. Fuck it then.
>>
>>27463320
Did.. Did I hurt his feeling?
>>
>>27463348
>>27463349
>>27463391
>>27463407
Sorry but I have to cut it short for today
Also, I have trouble making out something concrete out of these commands, do you mind elaborating what does Harmony actually do?

In the meantime...

Thanks for palying
See you tomorrow
>>
>>27463528
>what does Harmony actually do
Travel from place to place playing music and talking to people. Grandpa harmonica was the one who could wrestle bears, not us.
>>
>>27463528
I say combine all that into one big thing.

>>27463391
Say we're still very angry with him for thinking we were disrespecting woman warriors when all we were doing was trying to see if he could tell our gender, and that really the only thing we are guilty of is panicking and running away in a combat situation...
>>27463407
>>27463348
...but that we understand that he didn't mean to offend and that if he feels bad we'll totally cry with him if he wants.

Also ask him who he thought we were, since in his words, we "aren't who he thought we were".
>>
>>27463608
i wanna know why he thinks we need to be anything. It's mostly not his business what we do.
>>
>>27463320
DO NOT let him leave.
>>
going to page 1
>>
>>27466171
>>
have a good night bump
>>
>>27463320
He did save our friend even though he was a butt to us.
>>
Good morning bump
>>
>>27468340
Hello hello
>>
>>27463320
Harmony can't stand seeing ponies sad since making ponies happy with her music is her special talent.
>>
>>27470351
>>27468337
>>27465320
>>27464497
>>27463608
“Wait!” You try stop him “What’s the matter?”
>”It’s nothing” He answers sullenly “I’ve bothered you enough already”
“No you did not. You saved us, and I can’t let you go away crying like that!”
>The pegasus stops and look back to you
>You seize the occasion to press him further
“Listen, I’m no fighter” You continue “Nor can I save people from harm like you do”
“But when I see someone sad like you, I can’t help but to want to put a smile on their faces”
“Please” You plead “Let’s talk about it, it’ll lift some of the weight, I promise!”
>The warrior seems hesitant, and looks around nervously, but eventually lets out a heavy sigh and give in
>”Well…” he starts “The truth is, you look a lot like somepony I knew…” He shakes his head
>“No, more like somepony I admired a long time ago, and that I haven’t seen in forever ”
>”And the resemblance you have with her…” He start staring in your eyes “It’s striking. Same Eyes, same coat… only your mane is different”
>”You even wear the same headband as she did”
>”I thought this couldn’t be a coincidence, and somehow, I got so worked up I expected you to be like that person”
>Gust emits a pitiful chuckle while looking at his hooves
>”Yeah, I realise how stupid that sounds now…”
“It’s okay” you say, as you come closer to him to put a supportive hoof on his shoulder “I do stupid things all the time, it’s no biggie!” You say with a wink
>He does smile weakly at your one liner, but his mood is still a little gloomy

>What do?
>>
>>27470784
it would seem we have a twin. what was their cutie mark?
well then warrior guy, how about walking with us for a day to protect us from bandits and also telling us about this pony you mistook us for and yourself.
>>
>>27470784
Do you know her name by any chance?
>>
>>27470784
>inb4 our mom.
What do we know about our family again?
>>
>>27470967
We never knew our mother and was rasied by our dad and grampa.
>>
>>27470995
What if it actually WAS our mom.
Do we know anything about her? At least from stories grampa/dad told us?
>>
>>27470784
Family resemblance?
>>
>>27471024
That was never said. I don't know what Harmony knows about mama.
>>
>>27470858
>>27470889
>>27470967
>>27470995
>>27471024
>>27471039
>>27471049
>Hey, what’s her name, and cutie mark?” You ask “Maybe I know her!”
>”I doubt so” He winces “She been dead for a while”
“Oh… sorry”
>”It’s okay” He nods peacefully “Her name was Summer Storm, and her cutie mark was a single feather, drawing a lightning bolt on her flank like a quill” He says in recollection
>That doesn’t sound like anything you remember, that’s a bit of a disappointment
>Still, you can’t shake the idea that what Gust saw was some case of family resemblance
>There’s no twin of you but… could it be… your mother?
>You never knew her, as she died where you were born, you were told
>Her name was Angel, and in your father’s stories, one day, she fell on him from the sky in his very house, and they immediately fell in love
>Soon after, Grandpa, who’s actually your mother’s dad, came to live with them
>He actually talks little about her, but always came with your father when he went to put flowers on her grave every year
>And you also realise you have no idea what her cutie mark could have looked like, you were never told, and didn’t thought anything about it back then
>Damn, you’re still curious about the story of Gust
“Say” You tell the Harrier, trying to conceal your mischievous grin “I’m still a little worried we might encounter more bad guys…”
“How about you walk with us for a while, Please? That way you’ll be able to tell me the whole story too!”
>Gust lets out a huff as he ponders
>”Alright” He finally accepts “I guess the roads can be dangerous around here”
>And after grazing a little in the flowery fields, your little group start to trot toward the north again
“So” You ask the warrior after some time “How did you meet that pegasus you admire so much?”
>”Actually, it was a lot of time ago” He remembers “Twenty years, to be exact”
>>
>>27471598
>”At the time, Brahma was at war, as the Howling Tyrant, the dragon king Utulobasileus decided to take control of the whole world”
>Yes, you remember hearing about that, but the conflict was over a few years before you were born, so you only saw little of its damage
>”I was a foal, and even if the adults were dead worried, us kids only cared about our games”
>”But the conflict caught up on us, as it turned out my village, Weatstown, was going to be the place where the Harrier planned to strike down the invaders once for all”
>”And because of a lengthy expedition to find the best places to play hide and seek in the forest, I had missed the short notice of evacuation”
>HIs breath accelerates as he recalls
>”I remember screaming the first time I felt the shadow of a dragon over me, while I was exploring the emptied streets of Weatstown, and then I looked up the sky to be frozen in horror”
>”The dragons were battling with the full force of the Harriers, dashing and dodging around them in a symphony of claws, blades and fire”
>”It was incredible, such a beautiful, yet violent and dreadful display, I could only stand agape at the sight of all this”
>”And then I saw the king, the Howling Tyrant” He sternly declares
>”Miraculously flying it the sky, the thing was titanic, the roof of the houses didn’t even came close to his knees”
>”I was petrified, and when the pegasi force managed to make to giant fall to the ground, I was still standing in the way”
>While being absorbed in the warrior’s story, you still register Cabbage appearing in the fields near the road
>”Death was coming to me” The Pegasus continues, his teeth gritting “The earth shook as the behemoth hit the ground, the humongous wall of scales crushing my village faster than I ever could run”
>”And then she came” His expression suddenly calms
>>
>>27471610
>”Faster than the wind, I was suddenly flying in the air in the arms of a Pegasus carrying a huge lance, escaping the destruction happening behind”
>”We pierced the clouds in a matter of seconds, but despite the speed and cold gust of air, her embrace was still warm and steady on me”
>”The lackeys of the dragon king were still fighting strong, and we were whirling through a swarm of beasts and their destructive breathes, yet she avoided them as gracefully as a hummingbird”
>”I was completely speechless, and despite the insane world we were in, my saviour’s gentle smile and reassuring words made me feel safe”
>”In the end, she did flew me to safety. Far from the rage of the battle, she released me on the ground”
>”And after instructing me to go hide somewhere safe, she returned to the fray”
>”She was so fast my eyes quickly lost her, and so I ran to hide just like she told me”
>”But not without feeling a strange, tingle on my backside, as the mark of my destiny was revealed to me that day”
>You peek at his flank, and the image of a lance pointing to the sky coming out of a tornado greets you
>”And when all of this was over, I announced my family I wanted to join the Harriers
>”To become just like the hero she was, and journeyed to Mount Ponlympus to commence my training”
>”Her name, who she was, as well as how to save people like she saved me… I learned it all there”
>”And I also learned she perished that day, after saving the helpless child I was.”
>The Pegasus lets out a low huff, a mournful look on his face
>Seems like his tale is over

>What do?
>>
[/exposition]

Thank you for playing, see you tommorrow

Now that I got this big green wall out of the way, I should be able to do a session with more updates
>Tomorrow
>>
>>27471637
See you then.
>>
>>27471621
What a tale! But there's just too many coincidences for me to not to wonder... Ask him where this battle was or if he's heard of our grandfather's name.
>>
>>27471621
Could we get an arts of... whatshisface. Make sure to ask his name.
>>
File: 1461723319236.png (1 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
1461723319236.png
1 KB, 128x128
Monk bump.
>>
>>27471621
what a story gust.

I can kind of understand why you weren't happy with how we acted. It was still stupid though.
>>
have a good night bump
>>
>>27475652
>>
>>27477276
>>
going to the top.
>>
>>27474963
>>27472029
>>27471817
“Woah, what a story…” You whistle in amazement
>You friend nods, a little lost in the memories he just told you about
“Hey, I just realised” He perks up “I’ve yet to hear your full name, Mine’s Happy Harmonica!” You say with a bright smile “But everyone calls me Harmony!”
>The warrior smiles back. Seems like he warmed up a little to you
>”Actually, Gust is for short too, my name’s Dust Gale, Harmony”
>”And sorry again about earlier, your really didn’t deserve any of it”
“Yeah” You giggle “Actually I kind of understand why you weren’t happy about how I acted”
“Still, that was pretty stupid from you!” You say with a wink and a playful nudge in his arm
>”Sure was” He chuckles “I let a coincidence travel pretty far in my thoughts, didn’t I?”
>Unlike Gust, you’ve still got some solid doubts about that being a pure coincidence, so you press him a little further on the question
“Say, by any chance, do you know an old Pegasus named Trotting Stone? And where do you come from?”
>“Trotting Stone?” He ponders “No, I’ve never heard that name, as for Weatstown, it’s been erased from the maps”
>”After the battle that took place here, only a landmark remains in the silent plains”
“The silent plains?” You beam “Hey, I’m from around here too! Do you know Manebourg?”
>”Well, yeah” He admits, a little surprised “It was only a mile away from Weatstown”
“Wow! We’re almost neighbours! Wait, when you say a landmark, are you talking about that huge crater near the river and the big standing stone?”
>”Hum” He ponders, still a little amazed “It does sounds like it, actually”
“That’s awesome!” You cheer “Maybe we can go back home together sometime!”
>”Well” His smile becomes a little awkward "I’m not sure I’d like to. I had my childhood here, but there’s nothing left for me anymore”
>>
>>27479494
>”I’ve been living at Mount Ponlympus for a very long time, and my family settled in the suburbs of Hortensia”

>What do?
>>
>>27479504
seeing things from a new perspective might be interesting if you really haven't been there in years. just saying it's something you shouldn't just brush off.
>>
>>27479504
Well, for saving my monk friend and all of my money, my home is your home!
>>
>>27479531
>>27479559
“Aww, don’t brush off that idea like that” You pout “You haven’t been there in years, am I right? A new perspective could be interesting!”
“Besides, since you saved my monk friend… Heck, who am I kidding, even if you didn’t, my home is your home!” You pledge with a hoof on your heart
“So feel free to pass anytime”
>Somewhat, your offer makes him give it a second thought
>”Well… why not after all, I think some of my childhood buddies actually mooed the Manesbourg at the time”
>”Even if I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t recognize me…”
“Nonsense! I’m sure that would make for some happy reunions! There’s no better feeling than meeting an old friend and having years of stories to catch up on!”
>”Well” He chuckles “Maybe I’ll-“ He stops suddenly, as something seems to catch his attention “Wait, who’s that!”
>Gust jumps in the air, and land with spear in hoof, facing behind you
>It appears he was surprised by Cabbage, who started following you on the road again
>Even though he keeps his distance with the group because of the stranger for now
>”Uhm, is that someone you know?” Gust asks, focussed on the alraune’s movements

>What do?
>>
>>27479677
that's my pet alarune cabbage. where'd you go off to this time little guy? we need to get you a leash. or at least a collar.
>>
>>27479677
Yep, he's the cutest thing to ever exist! You can relax Gust, he's safe.
>>
>>27479702
He's not just a pet! He's our buddy!

So Gust... do you know what exactly happened to Summer Storm?
>>
>>27479737
he acts like a pet so that's how I see him. i don't think he would know since the last time he saw he she was flying back into the fray.
>>
>>27479767
He found out her name and everything via the Harriers. If they didn't know how she died than I'm calling that she's our mother.
>>
>>27479782
that's obvious though. the only person that can confirm the theory though is our father.
>>
>>27479802
Er... well yeah. Just wanna, yaknow, have any possible details even though it's likely our mother before trying to bring it up with Gust.

Would've earlier but SOMEBODY didn't announce he was running in /cyoag/ so I missed two posts.
>>
>>27479856
there's not many details i can think of that we'd need to solidify the theory. dad's side is she fell out of the sky, harrier side is that she fell and was never seen again.
the towns are close.
>>
>>27479883
I totally agree. I guess it's just taking a while for the gears to turn in our little bard's head.
>>
>>27479917
or she could be shrugging it as coincidence. can't be sure until we hear it from the horses (dad's) mouth.
or grandpa since he was her father.
>>
>>27479929
But I don't want to shrug it as coincidence I want her to take a second to realize it and enthusiastically come to the conclusion that our mom was a kickass Harrier.

Grandpa's dead bro.
>>
>>27479702
>>27479730
>>27479737
“Oh! That’s Cabbage! Don’t worry he’s our buddy!”
>The harrier raises a suspicious eyebrow
>”Cabbage!” He suddenly calls “Come a little closer, please”
>Which makes the plant pony step back even more
“Erm… he’s a little like a pet too, and I still need to buy a leash for him” You sheepishly shrug
“He’ll warm up to you eventually, and he’s completely harmless, and also the cutest thing ever! Don’t worry”
>Winter Seed comments your affirmation with a silent nod, making Gust put his spear back on his back, and you can resume your walk
>And yet, the odd information about that harrier Gust admired, you can’t shrug the subject out of your head
>Your dad or grandpa could probably confirm your theory, but since he’s not there, you’re left starved for any detail
“So, to come back to your story a little” You ask the grey pegasus “Summer Storm died fighting that dragon tyrant, right?”
>He winces in response
>“That’s not a very… bright story. But I’ll tell you”
>>
>>27479993
>”The dragon king’s breath was his most terrible weapon” He starts again “It was a scream, piercing the eardrums of those who heard it miles around”
>”And should the dragon king focus it, the ripple would be so intense it would make stone, steel and bones shatter alike”
>It’s your time to wince, as you imagine for a second how horrible that scream could have sounded
>”This power was so overwhelming for the Harriers, they couldn’t fight that threat normally at first”
>”So before that last battle, they came with a plan that would make him hurt himself greatly should he use that breath, and it allowed a fair fight to finally happen”
>A flash of distress crosses his face
>”But out of spite, the howling tyrant roared one last time on the verge of death, killing himself, but also taking the lives of a great number of proud warriors with him”
>”The destruction he unleashed made the scattered bodies of the many victims unrecognizable, and Summer Storm was among them”

>What do?
>>
>>27480015
But she didn't die! Because on that day in my father's home a pegasus mare crashed through his roof and they fell in love. Your hero is my mom! My mom was a Harrier!
>>
>>27480015
huh, she might be dead if she was vaporized. Or she wasn't in range and they just assumed? Either way that explains how she ended up where she did. Let's teach cabby to sit the next rest stop we reach.
>>
>>27480076
Which also fits with the fact that I inherited my headband.
>>
>>27480076
Let's not be so direct with it. At least use some reasoning first. I don't want to know how he'd react to "that's my mom btw"
>>
>>27480379
>Harmony
>React reasonably
>>
>>27480076
>>27480083
>>27480114
>That’s it
>You think you have enough pieces to be nearly certain of your theory
“Gust” You start, a little shaken by what you’re going to tell
>”Yes?”
“Summer Storm… I think it was my mother” You drop the bomb
>The Pegasus blinks a few time in confusion
“Wait, what?” He asks is disbelief
“Listen” You explain “I didn’t knew my mother as she died giving birth to me”
“But my dad told me he met my mother when she crashed through his roof in Manesbourg, just at the end of the war”
“The dates are right, the places are close, and that would explain he resemblance I have with her”
>”But… that’s…” He stammers, unable to end his sentence
“And that headband I wear, one day my hair kept getting in my eyes, so I took it in my father’s room”
“Later he told me I looked really good with it, and told me it was my mother’s”
>Gust in completely thunderstruck, his mouth agape and eyes wide like a fish while he processes what you just said
>It takes him almost one minute to get a hold on himself
>But no burst of amazement or joy comes from him. Instead, he lets out a long, peaceful sigh
>”Well… so that’s how I was” he declares, a little detached “I guess that’s as far as goes”
>He raises his head toward the afternoon sun, bathing in its glow
>”Actually, there’s something I’ve got to tell you too”
>”The truth is, two weeks earlier” He watches you again “I saw you at Mount Ponlympus”
>”It felt like I had seen the ghost of Summer Storm, and I was so dumbstruck I couldn’t catch you before you disappeared in the crowd”
>”Turns out you were just going to leave the city, as I learned”
>”So I decided to leave after you to search for answers”
>A little smile blooms on his face
>”And I think I’ve found them, thanks to you”
>”It’s not what I expected… and probably a little underwhelming, but in the end I think I’m glad things are that way”
>>
>>27480483
>”Summer Storm didn’t die on the front, but with the ones she loved”
>”She spent some time with a stallion she married”
>”And then, she allowed another life to thrive, just like she did with mine at the time”
>The Pegasus falls silent again, as he looks far away toward the horizon, a nostalgic smile on his face
>”Say, Harmony?” He suddenly asks with a soft tone
>”Would you mind if I travelled with you for some time? I mean, beyond the places threatened by bandit attacks”
>”I feel like I could learn a little more about Summer Storm by staying with you a little longer, and there might be questions I could answer for you as well”
>”So, what do you say?”

>What do?
>>
>>27480493
the more the merrier
>>
>>27480493
only if you teach me some kick ass karate moves or training techniques
yeah sure. if you know that's what you really want.
>>
>>27480493
Dude, I'm a bard. Social interaction is kinda my thing. I just adopted a living shrubbery. You think I'm going to turn you down? Please.
>>
>>27480493
I would love that Gust. I am so glad I became a bard. I would have never met you! You know, my father never approved and in a way I still feel kinda bad disappointing him and all. But meetings like this is just too great to sit in a village my entire life and do some boring job.
>>
>>27480493

Sure, why not?
We can also answer some questions he might still have.
>>
>>27480499
>>27480511
>>27480579
>>27480588
>>27480729
>You can’t help but to stifle a little laughter
“Gust, Gust, Gust… I’m a bard! I’m travelling with a living shrubbery!” You point at Cabbage, who has come significantly closer to the group
“Of course you can come with us! And I’m gonna be super happy to have you”
>The warrior lets out a content sigh
>”Thanks, I can safely say-”
“BUT!” You cut him “You’re gonna have to teach me some of these sweet-ass karate-chop moves you know!”
“That’s my condition to you joining the group!”
>He’s a little dumbfounded at first, but then a cheeky grin spreads across the harrier’s face
>”It’s gonna be my pleasure, Harmony” He fiercly declares “I’m positive you’re literally built for the job!”
>His lance makes it way to the harrier’s hoof, and he makes it spin like a hurricane over his head as easily as if it was a twig, before solemnly planting it on the ground, blade up
>”I hope you’re not a heavy sleeper, because I always wake at daybreak, when the temperature is perfect to keep my skills at peak!”
>”And from now on, you’re gonna train with me! You better not take it lightly…”
“Don’t worry” you answer with a wink, flexing your very lean arm muscles at him “My spaghetti legs got some energy in store!”
>Looks like you just found yourself a morning routine
>And on that note, your group continue his travel toward the north
>You chat idly with your new companion, telling him about your recent adventure and what brings you to Daedalus, as well as singing a few songs
>At that moment, you realise you’re absolutely glad you became a bard, even if the resentment of your father still bothers you
>Who cares about having a roof over your head every night? Or doing the same boring job every day? You could never make such amazing meeting if you stayed in your little village!
>>
>>27480951
>And you even manage to have Cabbage trust the grey Pegasus enough to be pet by him, even if Gust seems a little troubled by the appearance of the alraune
>Around an hour before the sun disappears behind the horizon, a small village on the main road comes into view
>It’s a lot smaller than Malba, and only has a dozen building at best. You suspect it mainly serves for caravans to take a break
>The place is soberly called Tüff, as you read on the board at the entry of the hamlet
>There’s a decent amount of people going on their business on the only road of the village, mainly minotaurs, but you also notice a couple of old ponies chatting in the open
>Aside from the private houses, you can see a general store, a carpenter, a strangely oversized stable, and of course, an inn
>Cabbage meekly follows you between the buildings, but remains very close to you and seems ready to flee at any instant

>What do?
>>
Thanks for playing
See you tomorrow!

>>27479856 Woopsie, forgot about that...

>>27472817 I'll try to do it tomorrow or sunday, but I've got a busy week-end ahead of me unfortunately
>>
>>27480966
Play some harmonica as we go to put him at ease. Make it something good, our Harrier friend hasn't heard us play yet.
>>
>>27480966
Let's go see the general store! They might have some cool stuff in there.
>>
>>27480951
After eating, sleeping, and doing whatever she wants whenever for so long this new routine is going to kill her. I know he'll eventually get onto her about not properly preening our wings like she should.

>>27480966
Head to the inn. Sure we can share a room to save coin. Just gotta be comforting to Cabby.
>>
it's a pretty small town, should we split up and meet at the inn?
>>
wow
>>
we can restock on food. Get more crackers.
>>
who's hyped for the superbrawl?
>>
>>27489214
>>27481007
>>27481720
>>27482730
>>27484543
>You can’t have your little friend all scared if you wanna visit some shops
>Besides, you’ve yet to show the harrier how far your talent goes
>To calm down the plant pony, you decide to play a quiet and slightly nostalgic song, full of leisurely yet rich notes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb-5aQ1EIgc
>As soon as you start, Cabbage immediately perks and focus entirely on you, losing his apparent fear of his surroundings
>He squeaks along the tune, to Gust and Winty’s amusement
>A few passer-by’s also stop to listen to you for a few seconds
>An even when you’re finished, the alraune seems a lot less bothered by its surrounding
>”That was beautiful” The harrier also comments, visibly impressed “I didn’t know such a small instrument could be used for such melodies”
“Hehe!” You blush slightly at the compliment “I’ve got many talents, you’ll learn!”
“Anyway, let’s check out this shop!” you point at the cottage-like building
>Your little group enters the general store, even Cabbage, whom you keep an eye on, where there’s several minotaurs making their own buys
>Roughly two third of the place is occupied by various rations, while the rest show other general traveling equipment such as ropes, lanterns or tents
>Accustomed to the clients be travellers, most of the food here does no perish easily
>There’s biscuits of many flavours, dried flowers and fruits and several types of hard, smelly cheese
>Even though the goods look fine, everything is a little overpriced, you notice

>What do?
>>
>>27490383
we can ask why the price is kind high. because it's a small town?
>>
>>27490383
We stocked up before leaving the last town, so we don't really need anything, but there's no harm in just browsing.
>>
>>27490383
Let's just go get a room.

So what kind of weapon does Gust have exactly? I think you said lance but you mentioned a blade...
>>
>>27490449
>>27490610
>>27490715
“Hey!” you hail the vendor behind the counter “Aren’t the prices a little high? Is that because this is a small village?”
>”Well, yeah” The clerk answers you over the shoulder of another client “Tüff’s a little lost in nowhere, so we’ve got to pay for more transportation to keep the stuff coming”
>He doesn’t seem interested in telling any more on the subject and goes back to his immediate business
>You browse a little more between the shelves, hoping to find something interesting, but everything here seems like bland utilities
>There’s nothing here that you hadn’t found in Malba, and you had already picked all you needed for your travels there
>In the end, you leave the shop without buying anything and head directly for the inn
>The air is filled with talks, laughter and a hint of alcohol, as the place is already almost full
>Among the patrons, you notice an especially large group of a dozen bulky bulls, all wearing shorts and caps with the same red and gold colour
>There’s also a young couple of unicorns, both lost in the reading of scrolls and in a serious sounding discussion of some sort, and also a few other various groups of minotaurs
>After talking with the bartender, you manage to get a room for the four of you for five coopers
>Before enjoying a hot evening meal, you decide to let your heavy bags in the room you just loaned
>And while you’re here, a little question about Gust’s weapon comes to your mind
>”It’s a glaive” He explains as he takes the almost straight blade mounted on a long pole in his hooves “They’re the most polyvalent weapon the harriers use”
>”The blade is fine for cutting or piercing through most hides, but still light enough for the whole thing to be used as a staff at close range”
>>
>>27491042
>To illustrate, he first makes in spit in front of him with his hooves, before arming it both his front legs to thrust the blade forward, making a hissing sound as it pierces the air
>After the little demonstration, your little group goes back to the main room, where you sit at an empty table
>With some effort, you manage to have the alraune sit too, even if he keeps looking around curiously

>What do?
>>
>>27491058
we can ask gust about what it's like living on pomplyus. who's the best over there? Who is the oldest?
>>
>>27491058
>Teaching Cabby how to sit
Fuck that's cute.

Let's order a modest meal and maybe we can provide some entertainment for the fine folks here this evening. https://youtu.be/psxuf0CGXqo
>>
Bump?
>>
>>27491157
>>27491167
“So” You eagerly ask Gust who started to munch on a salad “How about you tell me a little more about your life at Ponlympus?”
“Seeing you guys train as really kick-ass!”
>“Well, you’ve seen the most interesting part of the day, then” He answers
>”I think it resembles a lot being in the military, although we consider being in the Harriers more like a way of living and a philosophy as a whole”
>”In practice, we wake up, we train, we learn, we do our chores or partrols and we go to sleep. That’s what an average day look like”
>”It’s a simple way of living, meant for us to develop the strength and focus to stay true to our oath and face the greatest dangers when needed”
>”But as the times are peaceful, we can get some free time, and I could even ask to leave the barracks for personal reasons for an undefined time”
>Gust stretches lazily
>”And here I am”
“Ooh! So it’s really like a monastery of martial artists, right? I bet you have an old master who’s super wise and all”
>”Somehow” He nods, chuckling slightly at your antics “And the doyen of our order is currently Zen Rush”
>”At the age of one hundred and five, what his body lost in raw strength, he gained it in sagacity”
>”He still lives in your halls, and from time to time give a piece of advice when he sees a young warrior needs it, he’s very king and caring”
>”And while he doesn’t directly commands any warriors anymore, everyone listens to his opinion when he see fit to share it”
“I see… I bet he speaks it animalistic riddles, doesn’t he” You comment
>”Ahem…”He seems a little takes aback “He does talk like this from time to time, I’ll admit”
“And also, I bet the strongest warrior in the world is in your ranks!” you raise you hooves in the sky enthusiastically “Right?”
>”Huh… Well, indeed, Dawn Fall has really been a notch above the other warriors for a while”
>>
>>27492369
>”But is he the strongest in the world? It would be presumptuous to say that” He shakes his head
>”Although…” A devious smile blooms on his face “He’s aging up, and I think I’ve been able to catch on his technique recently”
>”I’m probably gonna push my training some more once I’m back, I think I could actually seize his title”
“Wowie! Ambitious, are we?” you wiggle you eyebrows, triggering a prideful huff from the other Pegasus
“Well, now, I think I’m going to work for our dinner”
>Feeling daring yourself, you climb on the table and gather the attention of the room with a little stomping on the furniture
“Heya, everyone!” You greet the assembly “It’s a pleasure to share this warm place and food with you all, so let me share a nice little air with you too!”
>With your trusty harmonica, you start playing a catchy tune of yours with raspy, bitter notes which a let a warm feeling in the hears, just like a good drink
>The table being study enough, you tap dance the percussion line to the pleasure of the audience… and probably the discomfort of your mates
>Cabbage also clumsily accompanies the song, even though the ambient noise of the patrons make it a little harder for him that usual
>The minotaurs and ponies alike seem to appreciate your tune, although most of them are too weary to do anything more than listen quietly and occasionally clap
>In the end, you gather eleven coopers, and the meal for you and Cabby costs you five
>The dinner over, most of the patrons still remain in the main room to chat and drink
>You wonder if you should go to sleep already
>After all, someone promised to wake you up early…

>What do?
>>
>>27492379
sleeping would be wise. Otherwise we're going to be grouchy at being woken up without enough sleep.
>>
>>27492379
Have second thoughts. We're in too deep now though, we can't back out.
>>
>>27492379
Yeah, sleep.
>>
>>27492506
>>27492567
>>27492605
“Alright” You force a smile on your face “I guess I should hot the sack since I’ll be up at dawn”
>Gust shows you a broad grin as he nods in response
>Even though you’re the one who asked for it, the harrier seems to have ended up being more worked up about this that than you
>Sleep takes some time to come tonight, as you start to have mixed feelings about training
>You wonder if you’ll be able to taking it as seriously as Gust hopes
>But still, you can’t back away now, and it’s a little apprehensive that slumber find you this evening
>And then it goes away way too quickly
“Gne? What?” You emerge, confused, from your sleep
>And your vison is occupied by Gust showing you an enthusiastic smile
>”Morning, Harmony!” He says excitedly “Ready for your first day of training?”
“Bruhk ohk” You grumble as you nod absently, your senses still more than a little foggy
>Still, you come out of your bed, and take you baton as Gust asks you, while he carries his glaive
>Giving a regretful glance at the monk and the alraune, still sleeping peacefully, you follow the warrior for some working out
>And after a solid breakfast, the two of you head outside
>Waking up early does have a few advantages, as the fresh ait instantly invigorates your mind, and wash away the rest of the sleepiness
>Besides, you rarely see the shades of purple of the dawn colouring the whole sky like right now, and you exhale happily as you contemplate such beauty
>”Don’t worry” Gust say as the two of you walking out of the village into the grassy fields
>“We’re gonna start softly on the physical training today, to focus more on basic self-defence techniques”
“Pfeww!” You exhale in relief “I’m glad you’re mindful of-“
>”…So it’s going to be only fifteen pumps, two mile sprint flight and twenty five wing and sits ups”
>…
>This has a strange ring of murder attempt

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow

And sorry about the unsceduled pause
>>
>>27492873
how about all that but cutting it in half?
>>
>>27492873
>What do?
Be inexplicably awesome at it because we have our kickass mother's genes running through us. Also our Grandpa. We have double the dose of mighty warrior.
>>
page nine bump
>>
>>27493386
Grampa wasn't technically a warrior, but he was badass.
>>
>>27493386
genes might help, but not as much as you might think.
>>
>>27492873

Maybe ask him to tone it down a bit. He might not remember what it's like to start from complete scratch but we have no physical training whatsoever.
>>
p10
>>
>>27499011
>>
>>27493056
>>27493386
>>27494867
>>27496071
>>27496175
>Alright, you can do this!
>After all, you just learned this kind of thing practically runs in your blood, and you grandpa, even old, was quite the runner!
>…
>Who are you trying to fool, here? That’s not how it works!
“Uhm… Gust?” The Pegasus perks up “About these exercises. Isn’t that a little too much for a first time?”
>”Well…” He scratches his head “This is the mandatory session all trainees have to do even on their first day… I’ve never done anything lighter myself since I went in the harriers”
“Welllll…” You hope you can phrase this right, and offer an awkward smile to the warrior
“I actually never worked out, so I think I might just not be ready, how about we cut that routine in half for example?”
>Blinks blinks a few times in confusion, then lets out a little disappointed huff
>But to your relief, he seems to consider it, even though your complain seems to have cut a little of his enthusiasm
>”Hmm… alright, we’ve got a long walk ahead of us today anyway, I guess”
>”So we’re gonna start even slower, as you said” His mood seems to lighten up a little again0”Tthat way I’ll be able to show your precisely how to do this body training”
>”You wouldn’t believe how some of the most seasoned warriors still make imperfect exercising moves!”
>”But I do intend to make it a little harder every day!”
>”I mean” He adds as he sees you wince “I don’t expect to bring you at the level of a harrier”
>”But I’d like to see you able to take on thugs like the one we say yesterdays by the time I leave”
>”Now, even that’s still gonna need some dedication, are you sure you’re in for that kind of training?” He asks, a little pleading glint in his eyes

>What do?
>>
>>27500553
I promise to give my best Gust.
>>
>>27500553
we might sleep in some mornings but yeah we'll definitely do our best.
>>
>>27500597
>>27500612
“I promise to give it my best” You beam
>Gust seems immensely satisfied with your answer
>”Alright, then it’s time to get going!”
>At first, he starts by telling you a little trivia on the muscles of ponies, and how different exercises make different parts work, as well as how endurance can be trained
>On that note, you also notice from up close, as he uses himself as an example, that his lean muscles are a lot better defined than on anyone you know
>And there’s almost no fat left on his lean body
>Shortly after comes the real deal, and you gulp as you position yourself for your first series of sit up
>Gust isn’t afraid to put his hooves on you as he corrects your position, but in a very professional way, even when he gets a little close to your rear
>His eyes are keen and his movements precise, you don’t have the time to be bothered under his touch
>And then, it’s time to actually get fit
>But in the end, the routine isn’t so hard on you
>Gust made sure you weren’t needlessly tiring yourself with bad moves, and also praised you when you were doing well
>Sure, after each series, you were left panting on the ground, feeling like your body could snap in two right here and now…
>But just catching your breath for a few minutes is enough to make it all better, and you don’t feel any lingering pain or fatigue for now
>Even thought it was a rather short time, you’re definitely feeling a good burn out of this, and you’re not out of breath at the end
>”Now, let’s get on to some more practical training” The warrior announces, two minutes after awarding you your latest break
>”Although, let’s not try to cover everything right of the bat and be a little selective”
>”I could teach you how to defend yourself with that stick of yours in close combat, it’s a very effective weapon in trained hooves”
>>
>>27500968
>”Or I could also help you improve your flying technique, and show you how to perform swifter and more complex manoeuvres”
>”The choice is yours”

>What do?
>>
>>27500984
We're already pretty agile on our own so let's learn some close combat today.
>>
>>27500984
To be totally honest I completely forgot we had our little walking stick. Why does a pony need a walking stick anyways?
>>
>>27501145
Oh yeah, forgot to vote for close combat.
>>
>>27501087
>>27501145
>>27501154
“Eh, I’m feeling like I’m already agile enough, for a civil, let’s try some close combat”
>”As you wish” He nods
>Gust takes off to hover a few feet over the ground and start to explain how the baton is wielded with two hooves
>Either with one hoof at each third of its length to block most blows easily, or held like a sword to gain reach and momentum
>The basic motion is to make is spin in your hooves by moving them in an eight motion, the way he shows you slowly, to prevent aggressors from getting close and give you the initiative
>That movement is also perfect to place a down to up vertical strike aiming at the chin, sternum, wrists or crotch
>When your security is at risk, you mustn’t be afraid to hit where it hurts, Gust comments
>And the theory explanation over, you begin to spin it
>…For a very long time
>It gets a little boring pretty quickly, but you push through, as it’s still really hard for you to imitate the harrier’s moves at an increasing speed as he does it with you
>But Gust repeats that this is one of the most basic movement, and it needs to be as polished as possible for what comes next
>You tangle your arm together a couple of times as you do, send in your stick flying in the air, take a laugh out of you and Gust
>In the end, you spent around one hour for the body and technique training, and it’s a little tired that you come back to the inn
>According to Gust, it’s yet far from perfect, but you think a lone mugger will think twice before trying to approach you
>When you arrive, you see Winter Seed and Cabby sharing breakfast, and they happily greet you
>You’re soon ready to leave Tüff to walk to Deadalus
>>
>>27501501
>As you check your possessions, you notice the enchanted vial took back the golden shine it has when you first found it
>From the distance left, you think that if you choose to push on a little today, you could make it to the capital one hour after dusk
>But you’re not the only one to plan the trip, apparently
>And many of the patrons you saw yesterday at the inn, including the couple of ponies and the large group of minotaurs, seem to be ready to depart to the same destination

>What do?
>>
>>27501510
Talk to the ponies. They seemed interesting.
>>
>>27501533
Star off by asking what they're planning on doing in Daedalus.
>>
>>27501533
>>27501675
>You decide to walk up to the two ponies, they seemed to be up to something funny yesterday
>Both unicorns, the mare has a bright yellow, almost white coat while her mane is tied in single braid which shows hues of purple and blue
>Meanwhile, the stallion has a dandelion coat with a white mane, and both of them have sky blue eyes
>They’re both wearing the same type of long green coat, it looks a little like a uniform of some sort, and the emblem you notice on the chest as you approach confirms that
>Even right now, you see them check their map and are filing their saddlebags in silence with food, and many writing supplies
“Hi there!” You greet as you approach them, making them perk up I curiosity “Going to Daedalus too, I see”
“The names’s Happy harmonica, Harmony for short” Seeing their formal outfits, you offer a hoof to shake
>”Oh, you’re the bard from yesterday” The mare answers with a smile as she takes you hoof “Nice to meet you, I’m Light Wave, and this is Topaz Star” She looks at her colleague
>”Can we help you?” The mare asks, looking at you through a pair of thick glasses
“Well, I was just a little curious” You give a little sheepish wink “Why are you going there for?”
>”Actually me and my sister are conducting a research on minotaur magic” The stallion speaks up
>”Each year, the superbrawl is the theatre of many incredible, neigh impossible performances, and we will try to understand their cause”
>”Our theory is that the public also feed the contestants they root for with their own innate powers, and we’re on our way to prove if this is true or not”

>What do?
>>
>>27501899
how will you measure their performance? do you have a baseline of their average capabilities?
>>
>>27501899
That sounds super neat! Like the more people get pumped, the better can crazier things they can do? So you two look pretty professional, where you from?

The games in Daedalus are going to be zoggin' amazing.
>>
>>27501970
>>27502032
“So you’re saying the games are gonna get crazier the more hype it gets?” You beam in excitement “Cool!”
“How are you going to measure that?”
>”Actually!” The mare replies “We’ve been spending the last month meeting with several teams that will participate in the games, and measured their average performance alone”
>”The Salamanders over here are the last one we recorded” She says, pointing at the group of a dozen bulls
>”So far” The stallion picks up “Everything goes according to our predictions, as we didn’t witness anything close to the records in the past competitions”
>”Almost one hundred percent of the personal records of minotaurs are established during competitions” Topaz Star adds, browsing through his papers
>”What is completely untrue when you looks at the performances of ponies or diamond dogs”
>You let out an admirative whistle
“You guys really got to the bottom of this, didn’t you?”
“Say, I can guess you two had your hooves in studying for a while. Where are you two from?”
>”We’ve come all the way from Astranostra” Topaz Star answers “Our work is funded by the Academy for the Study of Unbound Magical Phenomena”
>”The journey’s been long, but minotaur magic is just so exciting to study!” The mare exults
>”It’s one of least understood phenomenon in this world, yet it has such a huge impact on both the daily life of many people and history as a whole”
>”Isn’t that stimulating?” She shows you a wide grin

>What do?
>>
see you tomorrow
>>
>>27502364
Um... does that mean "interesting"? Because yeah, that's is really interesting. But wew, Astranostra? I keep meeting people from different far away places! Just the other day I met a dog from Lanich. Can you tell me about your home?
>>
>>27502364
yeah, sounds pretty interesting and if confirmed then advertisements are going to matter way more for Minotaurs.
>>
we should get ready to start heading out shouldn't we?
>>
bump bump time.
>>
Boop
>>
File: 1463792161353.png (1 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
1463792161353.png
1 KB, 128x128
eat ur veggies
>>
ey
>>
>>27502452
>>27503541
>>27504584
“Hum… You mean interesting right?” The mare nods “Then I agree one hundred percent with you!”
“But hey, Astranostra? Wow, that’s so far away! How’s life over here?”
>”Well” Light Wave ponders “Astranostra IS the magical capital of the world, and most of its activity revolves around research and practice of the magical arts”
>”And even more since the dragon Furciferanima was invested as the headmaster of the collegium, from what I’ve heard”
>”We hear about new discoveries every day, which is a real blessing for anyone who wants to expand their knowledge”
“Ooh, Seems nice! I think I know someone who might like to go there sometime”
>That’s right, you really enjoy seeing people from so far away. You realise you’ve been especially lucky in that regard recently
“I keep meeting people from faraway land on this road” You tell the mare “Just yesterday I was came across a dog from Lanich!”
>”I know!” The researcher mare giggles “Isn’t that great to meet new people like that every day?”
>“This is our first time conduction such a study outside of the walls of a lab, and really it’s a welcome change”
>“To be honest, I didn’t expect the minotaurs we would study to be so cooperative, but I’m glad I was wrong”
>”Really, I was never into sports, but seeing how they get worked up for everything for makes me want to just cheer along”
>”Yeah” The stallion smirks as he finishes packing the bags of the two researchers “We even had to redo a couple of measurements because you were too busy cheering”
>Light waves can’t help to blush a little in embarrassment, her ears flattening on her head
>Suddenly, one of the minotaurs from the team whistles sharply to get the two ponies, then invites them to come closer with a gesture of the hand
>”Well, we better get going” Light Wave declares, looking back at you
>>
>>27509813
>”But if you’re going to Daedalus too, maybe our two groups could travel together! What do you think?”

>What do?
>>
>>27509821
how long would you like to stay here? if it's a long time then we might be able to wait. though we wanted to get to there a little early.
>>
>>27509868
Thissun.
>>
>>27509868
>>27509915
“How long are you gonna stay in Daedalus?” You ask the researcher
>”Well, until the games are over of course” She ponders “Plus probably a couple of days to write everything down”
“Alright, but me and my friends had planned to reach the city as soon as possible, is that alright?”
>”No problem!” She answers with a grin “We plan on reaching the capital tonight, these big guys would like to be able to do a full day of training tomorrow”
“Okay, then it’s perfect! Let’s go together!”
>You announce to your friends that you found some more travelling partners, and join with the group of minotaurs
>They greet you and your friends loudly, as many recognize you from your performance from yesterday
>Which makes the alraune bolt ahead of the group…
>But everyone here also wants to arrive as soon as possible to the capital, so your convoy departs shortly after
>There’s gonna be time for getting to chat with each other on the road anyway
>Still sunny, this day is hotter than the previous ones, and you find yourself sweating rather quickly
>This might also have to do with your morning activity
>Meanwhile, Topaz Star seems very interested in the monks of brahma and strikes a conversation with Winty, while Gust soon finds himself talking fitness and diet with the minotaurs
>From time to time, you can see Cabbage making the trip through the grassland near the road
>Do you want to talk with someone in particular?

>What do?
>>
>>27510260
Listen in on everyone's conversations and join in with whichever sounds like the most fun. If they all sound good then join in with the first conversation to mention the games, because I want to hear what the events are.
>>
>>27510260
let's hear about those fitness and diets since we wanna get buff/fit.
>>
>>27510260
Ask the Minotaurs about Field-Tournament-Style-Up-and-Down-On-The-Ground-Manja-Flanja-Blanja-Banja-Ishka-Bibble-Babble-Flabble-Doma-Roma-Floma-Boma-Jingle-Jangle-Every-Angle-Bricka-Bracka-Flacka-Stacka-Two-Ton-Rerun-Free-for-All-Big-Ball. Our grandpa told us about a match he saw once.
>>
>>27510505
Is that the one where the minotaurs throw minotaurs at other minotaurs? No wait, that's the one where punch boulders apart with your bare fists, right?
>>
>>27511319
No, that's the Megaton Punch Competition.
>>
>>27510441
>>27510459
>>27510505
>>27511319
>>27511457
>You decide to approach Gust and the minotaurs, you’re a little curious about the events of the games to come to tell the truth
>”…The eggs I can understand, it’s rather obvious even” You hear Gust as you come closer “But with the shell? You’ve got to be pulling my leg!”
>”No no no!” One of the minotaur answers “It’s healthy, I swear! It’s my grandma’s secret to keep her bones hard!”
>”She has it from her own grandma, who get it from her own grandma, who… you got the idea”
>”And in events like the Melee or the Barrel Throwing Race, we definitely want to have solid bones!”
>”He’s right” Another bulls comments “No grandma of him ever broke anything!”
>The crowd of bull all nod accordingly, letting the Pegasus a little dumbfounded
“Hey!” You barge in the conversation “
>“There’s a lot of events, he counts on his finger. Many throwing and strength competition, various races, all the team sports tournaments”
>”But the most famous ones must be The Tavern Melee and The Joust, no self-respecting minotaur would ever miss one of these!”
“And what about the Field-Tournament-Style-Up-and-Down-On-The-Ground-Manja-Flanja-Blanja-Banja-Ishka-Bibble-Babble-Flabble-Doma-Roma-Floma-Boma-Jingle-Jangle-Every-Angle-Bricka-Bracka-Flacka-Stacka-Two-Ton-Rerun-Free-for-All-Big-Ball?”
>The minotaur blinks a few time in confusion, and the pegasus warrior even more so
“My grandpa told me he saw it once…” you add expectantly
>”OH!” One of the other bull’s face suddenly lights up “You must mean the Acrobatic Drinking Contest!”
>>
>>27511798
>”Oh yeah! The Tipsy Whoopsie Grand Carnival” The first one speaks up again
>“Everyone call it silly names because even the public and the jury must absorb a substantial amount of alcohol to watch this event”
“Ha! I knew it as legit!” Meanwhile, Gust can’t seem to believe it “But… what is it about exactly? Is it the one where you explode boulders with your fists?”
>”Erm, I think it happened once… but that not the main thing about it”
>”The gist of it is that it’s about doing things while being drunk” The sportsbull explains
>”The rules make each contestant choose how much booze they consume before performing, and then the jury rates it on… let’s say, various criteria”
>”The performance can be funny things, impressive ones, or remotely anything… some contestants get really creative sometimes”
>”It’s usually a very loud but also hazardous even, the audience being more than tipsy makes it a lot easier to have a strong reaction from them”

>What do?
>>
Thanks for playing and see you tomorrow
Sorry about today's sloppy session
>>
>>27511805
So it's a drunk talent show?
>>
>>27511805
I can play my harmonica, fly, AND crash into things while drunk! Even at the same time!
>>
>>27511805
I'm glad we got good seats for this.
>>
page 10 bump
>>
have a good night bump
>>
emergency bump
>>
File: 1461723257450.png (1 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
1461723257450.png
1 KB, 128x128
Bardic bump.
>>
wow
>>
>>27512139
>>27512515
>>27513027
“So it’s like a drunk talent show” You sum up
>”Yeah, I think old Bold Horn was calling it that way…”
“It really sounds fun” And idea comes to you “Hey, do I think I could participate?” You ask them with a wiggle of your eyebrows
“I can play my harmonica, fly, AND crash into things while drunk! Even at the same time!” You say while puffing your chest out
>”Haha!” The minotaur laughs heartily “Maybe you could! The contestant form has never been very clear”
>”That’s how we found ourselves looking at a chicken drinking bourbon a few years ago” He recalls
>”A chicken?” Another one speaks up “No way, it was a tiny Elysian. And he was disqualified because they can’t get drunk…”
>”Huh… well, maybe” The first one replies “I don’t remember, I was kind of hammered myself”
“Hihi” You giggle “The more I hear about it, the more these whole games sound absolutely crazy”
“I’m really glad I managed to get my hooves on those” You show them your pair of tickets
>But after contemplating it for a few seconds, the minotaur’s eyes go wide in bewilderment
>”No way, girl!” He happily exclaims “These are front row seats, and for all events! What kind of crazy money if you spend to get them?”
>”And who’s the lucky guy going with you?”

>What do?
>>
>>27518619
They were a reward actually. I guess winter? he helped us get these though he might not be interested. we haven't really decided yet.
>>
>>27518672
And if Winter is too much of a monk to enjoy sporting events then we can bring our Harrier friend. And if he is too busy with his Harrier duties then we bring Cabbage and shout "none of you understand our love" at anyone who passes by.
>>
>>27518746
what if pets go in free? also wouldn't he not like the noise? maybe we should just pick up some random guy.
>>
>>27518619
Uhh, hey Gust! Wanna go?
>>
>>27518767
I was joking, anon. I'm sure someone in our traveling party will want to go.
>>
>>27518841
>>27518839
>>27518767
>>27518746
>>27518672
“Well I got them as a reward” You explain “As for the second ticket…”
>You were gonna say Winty since he has earned them with you, but you’re not sure he’d really like that
“…Erm, I’m not really sure yet!”
>If Winty says no, you could go with your Harrier friend, or even with Cabbage
>That would probably give you a couple of awkward looks, but who cares!
>Though, you’d have to train him hard to make him accept the crowd in three days…
>You turn to the harrier
“Hey, Gust, wanna come to the games with me?” You ask him
>He seems very surprised by your question, and somewhat you see his cheeks become a little red
>”Uhm, well, that’s… a very nice offer” He stammers, a little bothered “But, I mean, that’s one very expensive gift you’re making me here”
>”N-not that I don’t appreciate it!” He seems to have trouble sorting his ideas out “I mean, I do, and if you really want me to go with you, I-“
>However, your conversation is interrupted by a strange low growl in the distance
>“Ah! Looks like we’ve stepped into their territory!” One of the minotaur announces to the whole group, apparently not worried “Remember to keep it to the road, folks!”
>Your friends seems just as puzzled as you, but nod to the minotaur
>Right now, you’re in a portion in the countryside where there’s more forest and valleys, so you can’t see far away to locate the origin of the sound

>What do?
>>
>>27518995
Ask what's territory you just entered.
>>
>>27519001
“Excuse me?” You ask the minotaur “Whose territory, did we just enter?”
>”Woolly Mammoths” The bull replies “Beautiful creatures if you ask me, and they’re generally peaceful if you don’t provoke them”
>”But at this time of the year, females give birth, so they might become aggressive if you get too close to a new-born”

>What do?
>>
>>27519094
Fly and scout ahead.
>>
>>27519094
Oh, I guess we can keep going on ahead then.
wish we could see a cute baby mammoth though.
>>
>>27519229
>>27519233
“Mammoths babies?” You can’t help but to imagine yourself cuddling a cute tooting baby made at ninety percent of pure fuzziness
“Can I scout ahead?” You ask the minotaur, in the obvious hope to catch sight of one of the animals
>”Sure! Mammoths don’t fly after all, just try not to make them charge at us, okay?”
“Okey dokey!” You promise, as you take off to scout ahead
>”Wait, I’m coming too!” Gust adds, taking flight just behind you
>The skies being clear, the two you have no trouble seeing far away with a little altitude
>And as you look around, you’re quick to find a herd of huge brown balls of fur in the distance, over a mile away
“Woah! They’re really far!” You exclaim. It’s even surprising you manged to hear their trumpeting from that distance
>Anyway, they stand nowhere near the road, so the main group has little chance to ever encounter them
>”Seems like there’s no danger about seeing them from a little closer” Gust comments
>”So… Wanna’ race toward there?” He offers with a devious smile

>What do?
>>
Thanks for playing, see you tomorrow

Really sorry about the short and slow sessions lately, but unfortunately I can't tell when it will get better
I've been in a bad dynamic recently and I've yet to pull myself together
>>
>>27519731
You're on!
>Lose
>>
>>27519731
wouldn't we lose because we're tired and already ran this morning?
>>
>>27521515
Shhh, this is no time for thinking. Now is time for rashly accepting competition and getting distracted by his chiseled muscles and huge well-kept wings as he pulls ahead of us. Suddenly we have an urge to preen after we notice our own wings look in a state of disrepair in comparison. But no time! Now is time for mammuffs.
>>
>>27522387
That's weird anon. he's like 20 years older then us and compares us to our mother.
>>
>>27523654
He's exactly 8 years, 8 months and 21 days older than you
>>
>>27523899
then it's only half as weird then.
>>
>>27524773
Psshaw, it's only a little bit weird. He's 26.
>>
pow
>>
Really sorry, but I won't run today because I'm really tired, and I'm gonna need to go to bed early
See you tomorrow
>>
>>27526874
Aw, that's the worst news I've heard all day. Oh well, rest up Pleeny.
>>
Well then let's go up from 10.
>>
File: 1461723511292.png (1 KB, 128x128) Image search: [Google]
1461723511292.png
1 KB, 128x128
Birchy bump.
>>
>>27526874

Sounds like you and I had the same kind of day.
>>
Bamp.
>>
mods are useless bump
>>
I hope we can get a cool hat or a giant foam finger when we're there
>>
>>27532762
>>
>>27529944
Reminder that we're supposed to give Birch relationship advice when we couldn't even speak to our old crush.
>>
Let's be an awesome pony today.
>>
File: bard26BW.png (131 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
bard26BW.png
131 KB, 1000x800
>>27520598
>>27521515
>>27522387
>>27523654
>>27525538
>>27524773
“You’re on!” You grin, before putting yourself in position
>Gust smiles back and prepares himself too
>”Alright!” He cheerfully declares “Ready? 3… 2… 1… GO!”
>The two of you bolt forward in the sky, quickly reaching enough speed to almost make you close your eyes because of the air
>Although, despite your genuine efforts, your friend almost immediately take a lead in the race, giving you a good look on his…
>Oh, my…
>The coat he usually wears prevented you to get a real look on Gust’s behinduntil now
>But thanks to the rush of air, his powerful kickers are now into view, and these are real works of art
>Shapely thighs, mounted by perfect half spheres, carefully trimmed to let you appreciate the roundness of the living marbles
>The gift femininity bestows upon all those whiny court ladies who sit of their rump all day, and that make all the colts go mad…
>The one you always envied them a little…
>He gained it through harsh body training
>And that one bubble butt is not made of useless cosmetic fat, but rather…
“Pure…”
“Steel-hard…”
“Muscles!”
>”Excuse me?” Gust asks, as you had both reached the finish of the race
“Hum… Nothing!” You feel the red coming to your cheeks, but your friend doesn’t seem to notice “Just thinking about future gains…”
>”Huh… okay…” He says, a little confused
>”Anyway, I’m really surprised!” He beams, while whipping his forehead “Harmony, you kept up very well! I really had to give it my all”
>”You had the eyes and the speed of a real predator, it really felt like you were chasing me down to gobble me up! Haha!” He giggles
“Hehe… Yeah, I really wanted to… Oh, Look!” You point to the ground
>And indeed, you had reached your destination, and the two of you are now just above the herd of mammoths
>>
>>27537542
>They also provide a welcome distraction from the conversation…
>Each of them are about four or five times as tall as you, and many times as heavy, and are completely covered in rough-looking brown fur
>They’re grazing peacefully in the valleys between two forests, not paying any attention to you and lazily moving their huge body to the next tuff of tasty rich grass
>And among them are also much smaller, but still sizeable, fur balls running and playing in the fields under the vigilant eye of their mothers
>The kids look like living and jumping bundles of chocolate cotton-candy

>What do?
>>
>>27537552
They looks like little cuties don't they?
>>
>>27537552
Look at them Gust! Aren't they precious?
>>
>>27537552
Say Gust, have you traveled around before?
>>
>>27537589
>>27537652
>>27537748
“Aww” You gush over the little creatures “They look cute, don’t they? Just look at them!”
>”I am looking” He answers “And they’re pretty nice I guess”
“Nice?” The cuteness is making you so light-headed you cup your cheeks in your hooves “Gust, they’re precious!”
>Oh! And one of the babies just rolled, exposing his pink tum-tum, you just can’t keep your eyes away
>Meanwhile, while he keeps a little awkward smile on his face, Gust looks around expectantly, and can’t seem to stop his leg from waving around
>It’s almost like he find the baby mammoths boring, but how would that be possible?
“Have you travelled before, Gust?” You suddenly ask
>”Well, I guess so” He answers swiftly “But not in that kind of mood”
>”Manoeuvres and patrols can bring us to the other end of Brahma, but there’s usually no time for sightseeing”
>”I never really took some time to look around, so this is a nice change of pace for me” He says as he lazily stretches his arms

>What do?
>>
>>27537785
Well that's nice.

Push our luck and get a liiiiittle bit closer.
>>
>>27537785
name the one that rolled rollando. tell gust to come up with a name for one as well. which one does he like the most?
how long are patrols?
>>
>>27537939
>>27537945
“Huh” You nod “How long are your patrols, usually?”
>”These are short, but it can happen for us to remain a week or more away from our fortress, if the thread is not clearly identified for example”
“Sound tough…” You say, as your attention comes back to the mammoth babies
“Oh! I’m gonna call this one Rollando!” You declare as you point at the rolling pachyderm “Hey, why don’t you come up with a name for another one?”
>”Hum…” He ponders, as his eyes scan the herd for a suitable candidate
>”Then… this one!” He point at a huge old mammoth, who seems to be missing an eye “His name is Juggernaut!”
“Eh.” You pout “That’s not cute at all…”
>”Well, mammoths aren’t always went to be cure in my mind” He shrugs a little smugly “Did you know that minotaurs ride them into battle?”
“They do? Wow!” You do remember the sportsbull from earlier mentioning a Joust among the events of the Superbrawl
>So that’s what they’re jousting on…
“Well, that’s cool, but right now…” A dreamy grin spreads across your face “I’d really like to see one of those adorable furballs from up close!”
>”Alright” Gust says with a resigned snort “Just don’t play with the devil, I’ll watch over you from here”
>You give him an approving nod, before starting your descent
>There’s one young mammoth that catches your eye among the others, a little away from the rest of the group, and looking particularly fuzzy
>A little closer can’t hurt, right? Besides, he seems to have noticed tou
>The little boy watches you with his two shiny baseball sized eyes as you hoover closer, in which you can see your grinning reflexion staring back at you
>But your thoughts are interrupted by the loud huff of a huge mammoth staring dead in your eyes, some distance away from you in a slightly intimidate manner
>You think you’re only a few feet away from trump reach in height

>What do?
>>
>>27538282
Oh. Sorry buddy, mommy doesn't want us to play together.

Also,
>”Well, mammoths aren’t always went to be cure in my mind”
The fuck Pleens?
>>
>>27538282
fly up. feel like an idiot. we're supposed to be crafty.
>>
>>27538282
Ask for permission?
>>
>>27538411
*cute
My bad
>>
>>27538411
>>27538421
>>27538430
“Uhm…” You try to ask the mother “Is it okay with you if… I play with your kid a little?”
>The mammoth mother squints her eyes at you
“A-alright, I-I got ya… I’m just gonna…”
>You zap yourself out of here
>”AHahaha” Gust openly laughs at your red face when you come back to him “What was that!? *snort* Did you think the mother was gonna nod and roll over or something?”
>You feel like your ears could catch fire right here and now
>”Anyway” Gust continue, drying his tears of laughter and turning his back to you “Let’s return with the others and let’s tell them about that!”

>What do?
>>
See you tomorrow
>>
>>27538638
the only thing we're telling them is that we saw a cute baby mammoth and if you say anymore then that I won't speak to you for a week!
>>
>>27538638
Well it was worth a try if you ask me.
>>
>>27538434
I'm pretty sure there's more wrong with that sentence than just a single word.

Maybe "Well, mammoths won't always be cute in my mind."
>>
File: derpp.png (764 KB, 803x768) Image search: [Google]
derpp.png
764 KB, 803x768
>>27538738
Yeah, I'm still kinda beat up I guess
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.