[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You Reap What You Sow CYOA th. 6
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 3
File: another dawn.jpg (132 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
another dawn.jpg
132 KB, 640x427
Archive: http://anonpone.pineapplecomputing.com/yrwys

What happened before:
http://pastebin.com/Yv2Y7Rxd

Last thread:
>You and Rocky Bottom decided that you should get more information about the crystal and find your dad first.
>Not counting that you really wanted to see one of your parents.
>Reunion you have craved for so long was much chiller than you imagined it.
>Sunray was a different pony than you remembered him to be. Starting from his appearance - he lost a leg - finishing with personality.
>From caring father he turned to strict leader of other survivor group, probably heavily influenced by his aunt.
>He was quick to use violence and even resort to torture, you witnessed him ordering his subordinates to perform it and successfully stopped him. Later he confessed that he thought you and your mum were gone forever, you saw that his inner change might have happened because of despair.
>Thus you stayed instead of just living, and you used some time to gather more information about survivors living with Sunray and about your father himself. It seemed like he became both judge and executioner for those who assumed to be wrongdoers because he wanted to avenge you.
>Thanks to Rocky and his actions you and Sunray had a talk about everything what happened and during that conversation you said everything you could to remind him who he was and who he should be.
>After the talk he asked for you forgiveness and you said yes, maybe this will help pegasus with returning to right path. It should, you both cried a lot.
>cont
>>
>>25390624
>After some preparations you left to the mall, to recover the magical crystal. On your way you met sister Candle, Solarist priest still residing in desacred temple. She was kind enough to warn you about a group of deserters hanging around.
>Soon you reached your destination, recovered the crystal by solving an easy riddle successfully hiding your presence from doggish deserters while you did so and plundered staff cafeteria.
>Right after stuffing your saddlebags to the brim with more or less useful loot you went back to your dad's, stopping in the temple because it was already too dark to get there without any trouble.
>Some bonding with Hran happened. Last question that he had for you was "Who do YOU call monsters and savages?" after you asked him exactly the same.
>Well?

>>25371500
Aw, I thought I could get your help. I feel like gun freaks on /k/ would grind me into ground for not getting a true rilfe instead of air gun. I can buy air gun freely if it's energy of shoot is lower than a certain level. After buying it I want to upgrade, I heard there is a way, to give it more energy, that it could actually work like a proper gun should.
>>
>>25390629
Those who take advantage of others suffering in this war.
>>
>>25390752
>It took a while of hestitation to make your mind. Who would you call a monster in current circumstances? Those who use violence? But everyone uses it to a some degree. Even foals were throwing stones at Bunia's windows back then.
>And you used it too. Self defence, right?
>You know that you could certainly call Thorn a monster, you used to believe that all Dogs are monsters. But these thoughts didn't give you an answer you could tell to Hran.
>Finally you spoke slowly, weighing your words.
"I think those who cruelly take advantage of other unfortunates suffering in those dark times would fit the definition."
>Hranchak looked down and began to think. For a second you imagined a bunch of sprocket wheels turning in his brain when you noticed his expression. You smiled almost invisibly.
>>"I think... it matches what I said. If greed or cruelty blinds you, you turn to a true monster" he replied. "Huh. Nice to know that one time in my life me and some little cheeky stickhead can think alike."
>Then he made a move like he tried to stretch his hoof towards you, but changed his mind really swiftly. It could pass as a twitch.
>>"So are you gonna sit with me here for all night long or rest for a bit, before you turn will come?" he asked right away, quite rudely you could say, and turned to face the temple entrance.
>Cold wind blowing through broken stain glass windows made you shiver. Looks like you small talk was abruptly cut short, so you walked to the sacristy and hit the hay.

>Then you woke up when a ray of Sun hit you straight in the eyes.
>Almost immediately after realizing that it was daytime already you jumped out of your poor bedding and rushed to the main temple.
>cont
>>
>>25391022
>Both Stir and Hran were already up and sister Candle was pouring them some steaming drink.
>>"Look who's awake!" called Stir. "Sleeping beauty, come join us! Want some cocoa?"
>You calmed down instantly, seeing that no threat was present around. Soon plastic cup of cocoa landed in your magic grip, and after you took several deep but slow sips, savouring the flavour of thing you didn't think you will taste for a long time to come.
>Then you realized that you didn't took your turn in guarding.
"Why didn't you wake me up?" you asked curiously and with a slight hint of gratitude.
>>"I swear I tried to, but your friend here said he will take your shift" responded Stir, looking at both of you with a faint smirk.
>>"I couldn't sleep, okay?" Hran fiercely tried to stand his ground. "I had many things to think about!"
>>"Yeah, right. I can see at least two things that might have occupied your mind..."
>>"Are you suggesting something?"
>>"Whaaa...? Meeee? Why would I?"
>>"Say, do you want to be kissed by Salty?"
>>"Nah, not today. I'd prefer to find me some mare."
"Are you two done yet?" you said with a chuckle. Jeez, stallions always had minds of little foals, hadn't they?
>>"Yeah."
>>"Mhm. So, anything else you want to do around, or we'll head straight home?"

It took pretty long this time.
>>
>>25391027
I'd rather get back. We can't carry much more and hanging around is asking for trouble.
>>
>>25391027
Tell the sister about the raft and suggest she relocate to the other side of the river where there are more ponies she can help.
>>
>>25391083
>>25391178
"I think we should head straight back" you decided with little to no hestitation. "Wandering around for too long isn't a good plan. We might meet bad people."
>>"Welp. I think you're right. So let's get going!" responded Stir, turning around to thank sister Candle for cocoa.
>You and Hran finished your drinks and followed his example as soon as she trottet closer.
>When your trio announced that it's time to go, she seemed somewhat down.
>Priest explained that she doesn't have the occasion to talk to strangers or meet other ponies able to talk too often and she feels rather lonely because of that.
"So maybe you could try to get to the southern bank?" you suggested after listening to her confessions. "Ponies live there. Many of them. They could use your help, good word and company."
>Your question made orange stallion look at you, then Stir did the same.
>>"Are you sure about that?" asked Hran. "I wouldn't trust Scurvy to ferry her without a trouble."
>"And I cannot simply leave" interrupted Candle.
"Why?"
>"Because not all of Celestia's Children left this place. I have to be here for the wounded. For the sick, crippled, dying. I have to bring them light they need, even if they cannot make me feel less lonely" she explained, and when she did, her voice gained more and more strenght and certainity. "In these times of darkness, when Sun is not always visible, covered by dust and ash, I have to make ponies see it again. This is why I am Celestia's servant after all."
>>"So you won't try to escape from North Fillydelphia" more said than asked Stir.
>"Unfortunately, no."
"Shame."
>"Maybe."
>Silence that fell after Candle's reply was broken by Stir before it could get awkward.
>>"So take care. Thank you for your help."
>>"Yeah. Or for all help" added Hran.
>"May the evershining Sun always brighten your days" she said with inspired tone, blessing you all.
>cont
>>
>>25391490
>After that and some more good wishes you left the desacred temple in silence.
>The day was cold, you could feel it despite the sun, shining brightly just like if blessing was already working.
>Also you could head muffled faraway detonations here and there, and even a short gunfight somewhere north. Yesterday was relatively quieter, especially during the evening.
>Not a long time after you arrived at the villa, greeted by all these familiar faces.
>Among them Sunray, your dad, was standing on his three legs.
>And happines in his eyes was much purer.
>He hugged you with his only foreleg and when you showed him the crystal you found, he straightened up in pride.
>>"I know you could do it!" he said.
>And this was it. You got the crystal, you returned to your dad's, you were fed - even if Sunray's aunt was mumbling about "waste of food".
>Day was still young, you could do anything. Return to your friends, stay here, wander around - you didn't really feel like it. Or maybe do something else.
>In short, question was simply "What now?"

I may write slowly but I have fun. Do you?
>>
>>25391499
We should tell our dad where we're currently staying in the city and head back. We don't want to worry the others by being gone too long.
>>
>>25391499
We should tell them about the dogs in the mall. Also I'd like more details about where our mother might be since we're better at getting around.
>>
>>25391625
>>25391703
>Some more day had passed on small talks and getting to know Sunray's crew. You had to get as familiar with them as you only could, just in case.
>Who knows if you won't need their aid one day?
>During becoming more acquainted with these ponies you slowly moved on to more important matters.
>You told your dad, and other guard by the way, that a group of detached Dogs wanders around. You were pretty sure that they were deserters, for their equipment wasn't in best condition and a priest you met mentioned that kind of people visiting her.
>Then you realized something. Candle told you that she was visited by deserters. If those deserters were Dogs, why they didn't hurt her? She was an unicorn after all.
>Intriguing...
>He mentioned that tey are detached if you weren't able to spot their Commissar. Whatever he was.
>Then conversation moved on. You began to mention that you lived somewhere else and you had to return to your place.
>At first three-legged pegasus shrugged it off, or said that you are free to stay with him as long as you wish, with emphasis on word long. Then you started to insist, telling that you have friends that are probably worried about you.
"I have a place to stay and I need to make sure that my friends are okay and not too worried" you finished all your explanations, looking expectantly at your father.
>>"Can't you get them here? Just send the orange guy!" he replied with plead in his eyes. "Our place is big enough, I'm sure we can share it with some more ponies!"
>This was unexpected. Do you have a reply for that one question?
>>
>>25391831
We live behind the soldiers and there has also bee supply drops over there. It also has easier access to the rest of the city. We'd prefer if he came with us.
>>
>>25391831
We should ask the others about this before making a decision.
>>
>>25391949
We've seen the conditions at the highschool, it would be better to find a way for everybody to evacuate to the other side of the river.
>>
>>25392025
We should still ask.
>>
>>25391886
>>25391949
"I... Dad, this is a very generous offer" you said after a while, when surprise faded. "I'd like to, but..."
>>"But what?" he interrupted, then silently apologized for it.
"These parts of Fillydelphia are more away from city centre than locations on the other bank. There are our soldiers there, guarding the place."
>>"Some Equestrian troops still remained here, Spring."
"How many, dad? This whole place looks desolated and abandoned. I saw it. It would be for the better if you and your friends come with us one day."
>>"Actually, there's plenty of armed ponies, but... yeah, you're right. Frontline on this side of the river collapsed after last Equestrian counterattack. They are just detached groups guarding their respective surroundings, rarely cooperating. Most of the job falls on our backs. As much as I'd like to leave with you, I have ponies to defend from harm."
>Oh you already know what means he used to... defend those unfortunate souls.
>>"And what about auntie Hailstorm? Apart of you I have only her. I can't simply let her stay here and I know she won't go with us."
"Even if you tell her that there are supply drops on the southern bank sometimes?" you asked.
>You exaggerated a bit, one time is not "sometimes", but it was for good, right?
>>"I don't think so. Listen, I understand what you try to say. I am kind of aware that conditions on the other side of the river are relatively better, even if that part of Fillydelphia is probably overpopulated. But I need a way to leave. An exit door. You understand?"
"I think I do. In fact, I assume we have the same problem right now, dad. I need to ask my friends back there too if they want to move and I cannot leave without a word."
>He sighed whne you finished and nodded with resignation.
>>"Go then. But we still should make our minds about who is going to live with who. That way we could decice who has more convincing to do. Choose wisely."
>>
>>25392361
I don't know. I feel like things out here might be relatively dangerous now, but things in the center are only going to end up worse. The city is starving itself of resources. It'll get bad unless the siege is broken soon.
>>
>>25392401
There is literally nothing on this side besides ruins and roving bands of bandits/deserters.
>>
>>25392423
That's the point. No front line, no overpopulation, no shelling.
>>
>>25392433
No nothing. Do you remember the conditions at the school?
>>
>>25392446
Do you remember the conditions in the city? How many buildings have exploded since we crossed the river?
>>
>>25392453
That's because they were already blown up.
>>
>>25392476
Yes? So do you want to wait for our apartment block to blow up on top of us before reconsidering? In the center we're facing military forces and bandits. Out here it's just bandits.
>>
>>25392503
And starvation, disease, direct contact with enemy soldiers, becoming bandits ourselves, etc.
>>
>>25392537
All of that is in the center.
>>
>>25392550
starvation - access to more area that we can scavenge that haven't already been picked clean.
disease - access to hospitals and doctors.
direct contact with enemy soldiers - equestrian soldiers between us and them.
becoming bandits ourselves - why?
>>
>>25392588
More ponies scavenging. Center already confirmed low on food.
Disease spreads through overpopulated areas quickly.
Already had a run in with the dogs there and the frontline can shift at any time.
Not sure why you think we're becoming bandits.
Also: Shellings.
>>
>>25392633
In the CENTER, there are other places we can reach from there.
The existence of disease isn't the problem, it's the lack of help.
One sniper and advancing forces when we passed the front line vs. being a stones throw away from us with nothing in between to alert us to their approach.
I'm not saying that we would become bandits, but on this side of the river there would be a lot mare reason for it. Our father might not be far from becoming a bandit already.
Accurate bullets are more dangerous than the bad luck of a shelling.
>>
>>25392714
No, I'd say shelling are definitely worse. You can avoid someone with a gun. The same can't be said for indiscriminate shellings that can level any building you're in.
>>
>>25392761
Or miss you entirely. The gun just needs us to walk around the wrong corner which could happen anywhere at any time, while the shelling give us the chance to seek shelter and is just really bad luck if they even hit nearby.
>>
>>25392822
Walking around the wrong corner would just be bad luck as well.
>>
>>25392838
But it can happen at any time, shellings are rather obvious and only last for a while. We don't even have to be traveling to be shot. We could be asleep in bed when bandits or deserters attack. Did the defenses in either place look like it could repel a serious attack?
>>
>>25392903
We could be asleep in bed when a shell lands on us.
>>
>>25392921
The first shells would land at the front and it would definitely wake us up. And by that logic a meteor could also land on our head no matter where we are.
>>
>>25392946
Yes, because meteors are as common as the indiscriminate shellings of a besieged city.
>>
>>25392970
It was an exaggeration of something unlikely happening.
>>
>>25392985
But it's not. The buildings next to ours were hit.
>>
>>25392990
Were they hit before we were able to reach the basement? your scenario states that we get hit before we have a chance to reach shelter.
>>
>>25393014
And yours implies the basement is safe.
>>
>>25393030
Mine implies that we're safer surrounded by ponies that can both help us and themselves rather that be near a few ponies that can barely survive.
>>
>>25393065
Yes, because those ponies have really proven themselves helpful and trustworthy so far.
>>
>>25393086
At least they're not walking skeletons that are just one bad day away from forgetting all of their morals.
>>
>>25393118
No, they don't have to be skeletons to forget them. Certainly not when they realize their just isn't enough for everyone.
>>
>>25393137
The ponies on this side of the river are at the end of their ropes and have already realized that. The ponies in the center might have realized, but they are the minority and are kept quiet out of fear of the military. There is nobody in the north to make somebody think twice about becoming a bandit.
>>
>>25393227
And there are far more hungry ponies in the city to start trouble.
>>
>>25393293
Trouble that will be dealt with by somebody else. For your fear of the other side of the river to have a banditry problem even remotely close to the north the Equestrian army would need to be destroyed and by then we would either have run somewhere else entirely or be another dead unicorn in a basement.
>>
>>25393375
And how are going to run though front lines with an elderly mare? We can move now and be out of the firing line, or we can wait and find ourselves trapped in a city falling to the attackers.
>>
>>25393406
We're trapped in the city either way. If the center falls they'll sweep through the north and kill us there.
>>
>>25393446
If the center falls we're further from it and closer to unconquered Equestria.
>>
>>25393484
If that were true than why are these ponies starving to death rather than running to freedom? The answer is that the entire city, north included, is surrounded and if the center falls they'll sweep through the entire city to take care of any survivors.
>>
I'm conflicted between coming to a resolution or waiting some more sleeping for rest of the players to show up. I'm proud of you, Anons and my heart is warm.
>>
>>25393731
Half an hour after the conversation ends it should be considered finished unless somebody comes in and restarts it.
>>
>>25393787
So it is settled that Spring's staying on her side. I'll reply and go to sleep.
>>
>>25392361
>It took a really long while to hestitate this time.
>Long enough that it made you sit down and ponder about all pros and cons of both decisions.
>Conflicted, you couldn't make your mind on the matter, comparing living conditions, present and future dangers, resource base, intensity of warfare over and over again.
>Finally you snapped out of this endless circle, deciding that this place, a place you called home once, became too unfamiliar and threatening for you now. You felt much better at your basement, surrounded by friends that survived some harsh stuff with you.
>By nodding to yourself you confirmed your decision, ending inner struggle. Then you stood up and straightened yourself.
"I think that it would be better for me to stay on the southern bank, dad."
>>"So it's me that has to do some hard convincing and look for the exit door. I hope that your place is able of sustaining me and aunt Hailstorm. Making her go with me will be a really difficult task, I won't lie to you."
"I understand it" you said to assure your dad.
>>"Unfortunately I don't think so. I... I don't know what should I do if aunt will be too stubborn to go with me. And the community I built will probably collapse."
>You could see that he was torn.
>And you felt a slight sting of bad feelings when you thought that your own father didn't instantly choose you. Maybe it was selfish, but you were his daughter, blood of blood and bone of bone, all that stuff.
"I'll go back then, check on my friends and assure them that I'm still alive and then I will try to return to you. Is this okay?"
>cont.
>>
>>25394202
>>"Yes. Yes, Spring, it's okay. So well... take care" he said, looking at you with moisty eyes, then he gave you a short, strong hug with his one leg.
>You kissed him in cheek, feeling some tears in your own eyes, and then you turned away, leaving the room.
>After brief goodbyes with rest of Sunray's crew you left the villa, along with Hran and Rocky, latter chose exact same time to return to his own group. He said his farewell not too long after.
>Soon you and orange stallion reached the shore, the ambient sounds of warfare getting louder as you got closer.
>After you left you dad's shelter whole place looked much more grim and desolate. Pillars of smoke lazily rising from the other side of the river weren't helping at all.
>Just when you reached the water, careful and trying to always stay covered, you realized that you didn't have anything big and colorful with you now. You couldn't remember if you even found anything besides those security uniforms. Even if you did, it was nowhere to be found.
>Digging through closest ruins didn't give any results as well.
>What now?

Good night. Or should I say good morning? I'll give you an update before night.
>>
We move
>>
>>25395443
What do you mean?
>>
>>25395443
>>25396542
I suppose he wants us to search farther.

>With searching close area proven futile, you slowly moved on, picking riverside houses one by one.
>All of them were more or less damaged, you obviously avoided completely ruined or burnt ones.
>You had to move around a lot, even with Hran, who was doing his best to help you in your efforts. You thought that you could find at least a bedsheet, or a courtain maybe. But it looked like somebody went through this place before you, cleaning it from any untorn piece of cloth he could find.
>Finaly you were rewarded for trying. In one of more untouched houses you found filthy, but almost intact piece of cloth, furled and stuffed under a wardrobe, not possible to find without a search slightly more scrutinous than average everyday scavenging.
>It was yellow - just like a flag flapping on the mall - and you quickly unfurled it to confirm suspicions creeping in you from the moment you found it.
>Rectangle of cloth was featuring a black print of dog paw, decorated with red to ginger websun symbol in the middle of biggest pad.
>Yep, the only bright and colorful material that you found, at least for now, was a doggish flag.
>Do you want to hang it high or search for something else? Maybe modificate it?
>>
>>25397315
We need to deface the doggish flag if we decide to use it.

modificate?
>>
>>25398021
I meant what I said, modificating the flag in some way. Tearing it to colorful strips, for example. I used wrong word, yes?
>>
>>25398057
This is the only definition I found for it: (obsolete) To qualify.
>>
>>25398812
>>
>>25398812
>>
>>25398120
weird
>>
>>25398812
>>
>>25398812
>>
>>25398812
>>
>>25398812
>>
I'm back. I'll reply as soon as I will get myself together.
>>
>>25398021
>You needed a way to make clear that flag is used only as a signal, to make sure that you arent going to be causing rumor or be censidered a traitor.
>Defacing the flag would most likely work, but how you could to this? You hadn't too many possibilities of... wait a moment.
>Why didn't you think about this earlier? There was a solution, a way to make this flag just a mean of signaling your position to Scurvy. You had to cut or tear the paw away.
>Soon it was done, you still had your knife in saddlebags, although you had to unpack some stuff to get it. Hran offered to do this for you ("You might cut yourself, it's not that I like you that much") but you were good.
>And thus you hanged the flag high up, levitating it with your magic, because you didn't wanted to risk falling, you weren't a good climber. Also you could get shot, who knows if there weren't any bored snipers nearby.
>All that you and your friend had to do later was waiting for Scurvy to show up with his raft and after this will happen, you will finally be home with rest of your group.

I still have some minor things to do, I'll just continue as fast as I will be able to. Of course you don't need to do any input, it's not like there's a possibility.
>>
>>25406446
Look at the sky and then off to the distance while you wait. You could also skip rocks.
>>
>>25406446
>>25406475
"You might cut yourself, it's not that I like you that much, I just care." I don't know why it cut the last three words.

>It was a rather long while of waiting, so you started to get bored.
>here was no way of killing time like in old, pre-war times, so you had to resort to simple, dull things like gazing into the sky or skipping rocks. Soon enough Hranchak joined you in latter of activities and you both started a friendly competition. Stallion demanded that you had to use hooves, not magic, and you lost the game.
>It ended just in time, for you saw the raft slowly floating towards your location. Not a long time after Scurvy reached the shore and after a small chat and some more delicate bullying he ferried you back to the southern back.
>Walking back home from there was quick and easy, however sounds of war became more audible and often than in the northern parts of Fillydelphia.
>Streets were definitely more filled with soldiers marching or patrols, running here and there. There was also a civil service that extinguished fires. You instantly heard freshest rumor - that Dogs are using incendiary ammunition to break the spirits of city defenders.
>But worst thing happened to you when you reached your destination.
>Block of flats you used as your shelter was deserted, and when you looked for somepony to tell you what happened, you were told that all residents were evacuated because warfare was getting too intense and this place is close to the frontline.
>Soldiers weren't able to tell you where exactly they were placed, two options appeared the most: a school - many of them were turned to temporary shelters and places for homeless, and neighbouring parts of the district.
>They were allowed to return when it gets better if they wanted to, so you might wait for them as well as searching, however Hranchak started to voice his worry about Kalina.
>What do you want to do?
>>
>>25406885
Why didn't we mention the survivors that want to get across, but are living in an area where it's most likely impossible to find tobacco.
>>
>>25406885
Hran can wait here and guard our stuff while we look for the others. Let's try the school first.
>>
>>25406919
Partially because I don't thing that Scurvy would ever considered ferrying them or already knows the whole situation and survivors' condition, since he has a raft and has it for reason. And partially becasue I'm dumbshit.

I wish there was a possibility of editing posts, but well, too late for that. I will remember next time we see him.

I'll take a quick shower and update again, I've done everything important. Should I post in discussion when I do?
>>
>>25406981
It's just a quick break.
>>
>>25407001
No, I mean if I should post that I am running today, not announce that I'm gone.
>>
>>25407008
Definitely.
>>
>>25406934
Finally it's over.

>School was more likely option, you supposed, as the military evacuated group as a whole, and said group probably wouldn't want to split.
>You entered the block just to judge it's condition and see if your friends left a clue regarding their current location. There was none, but all the supplies still present. Food intact, meds in their place, all important things were left there, so you were assured that all inhabitants had to leave quickly.
>Somepony had to guard it and you deemed Hran fitting for this task while you were away looking for your crew, you told him so.
>He was opposing the idea at first, wanting to see his granny alive and healthy, however you managed to persuade him that all is okay and supplies needed an armed guard and everypony will be better of if they remain at their place untouched by ponies eager to take some.
>It didn't even took that long, maybe half an our or so.
>Then you were able to leave and search for ponies you held dear almost as much as your own family. Or maybe even slightly more, you thought with guilt when image of your dad came into your mind.
>You had to ask around a bit and make lots of steps to learn where this school could be. In fact, there were more than one - a highschool and elementary school farther east. You didn't found a school on your way to industrial district, so you guess that latter must be standing by another road from which you used.
>After short hestitation you picked obvious choice and went to closer of the places, the highschool.
>cont
>>
>>25407464
>It was built in somewhat different standard than your old school, it seemed to be larger. Of course it was used well when it was turned to a temporary shelter.
>But despite that the building was rather big, it was still crowded, swarming with dirty ponies walking around, caring about their own matters.
>You asked for a bit to know if your friends were here, and replies you got indicated that large groups of ponies were coming from near the frontline yesterday evening.
>They were appointed to classrooms and already trying to fit in.
>And after some search you found Clean sewing some torn clothes for other ponies.
>You called her and she instantly looked up from some blouse and searched for your face, recognizing your voice in an instant, even if it was loud around you.
>"Spring! You're back!" she exclaimed, rising from her chair and putting blouse away. "Where were you this whole time, we were worrying about you and Hran so much!"
>She trotted towards you with mixture of intense anger, joy and relief on her muzzle, then she squeezed all the air out of your lungs with her earth pony strength.
>"Where's that orange bastard? Tell me everything!"
>>
>>25407477
We left Hran at the Flat to guard our supplies and so somebody was there incase you came back while we were searching for you. Also ask for where Kalina is before we tell them what happened, it's better to tell a story once.
>>
>>25407506
"Hran's safe and okay, no worries!" you responded swiftly to calm your friend down. She let you go, allowing you to take deeper breaths again. "He's guarding our supplies."
>"You left him there alone?!"
"He has a gun, Clean, plus he isn't completely alone, there are soldiers around. And also we don't want to have our stuff taken away, do we?"
>Cushions' expression changed again, anger was fading away as she thought about what you said. After short time she nodded to herself ever so slightly.
>"I think you are right, but it'd be definitely better if he had showed up with you. You know, Kalina and all that."
"I know. By the way, where is she?"
>"She's here, in this building. She should be helping in the kitchen at this moment. I actually admire organizing skills of whoever runs the place" she said, then turning around to silently check on the blouse she was sewing.
"Why so?"
>"We were given a place to sleep and tasks to help with fairly quickly. In fact, it took just about two hours to assign things to our whole group and even others that joined us" the mare explained with look of genuine approval on her face. "I think I can bring Kalina here when we'll take a break. In fact, I will go for her right away, but first, please tell me that we could return or at least get our stuff here. I mean, this is not a bad place, but I'd prefer to be in... less crowdy building. Also Kalina don't like it here. Is it safe enough now?"
>>
>>25407653
It looked like the fighting has died down, but the soldiers are still on high alert.
>>
>>25407848
"I'm not sure. There's no fighting going on right now, but everypony's still alerted" you replied.
>"I see... Well, I don't think we're going to get any better news, so let me finish this blouse and we'll go to Kalina."
>She turned around and trotted to her chair, still in quite positive mood, and returned to sewing with some new energy.
>You waited patiently for her to finish, looking around for a bit. No wonder that Kalina wasn't exactly fond of staying here, you said to yourself. The place was filled with various noises, from coughs and chatter to yelling foals and mothers loudly scolding their offsprings. There were also many different scents in the air, smell of many unwashed bodies in a smal area was the dominating one, stronger than in your basemeent. Ponies were rather dirty, some more, others less. Although organization was good, rest of it couldn't match it's level.
>Soon Cushions finished what she was doing and asked for a break, then returned to you.
>"I don't know if you will be allowed in kitchen, I'll just drive Kalina out of there to see you, okay?" she said, already leading you to the room she was mentioning.
>You weren't allowed in the kitchen for some reason, but after a short while you were able to see second of your friends.
>The elder mare looked tired and it was visible that she felt down. When she saw you, her eyes instantly darted around your figure in search for her grandson. She closed her eyes for a second when she didn't saw him.
>"Hello, Spring" she greeted you with voice raspier and maybe harder than you remembered. She came closer to you and gave you firm, but tender hug. "It's good that at least you made it. How was your time? Did you find your parents?"
>cont
>>
>>25408112
"Don't worry, miss Kalina. Hran's alright and he eagerly waits to see you" you announced to make her feel better while returning the hug. You let go simultaneously with her and moved on to her questions. "I found my dad, yes. It was... certainly a different experience than I expected it to be. Nevertheless I think it was still fine and we all will have to talk a bit."
>Later you told rest of your story, encouraged by Clean.
>It wasn't that long so it didn't took to much time to tell it, however Clean was interrupting you from time to time to get more out of you.
>That wasn't even annoying, you thought, your old self would be pretty pissed, but you didn't care that green mare wanted to know more.
>She did that because she cared about you, you knew it well. Too well, you touched cheek she hit that one day.
>After the story ended you wanted to show the magical crystal to your friends, however Kalina stopped you from doing so, saying that it's not a wise idea in a place full of ponies.
>Then it was you turn to ask questions.
>It turned that your friends were evacuated yesterday when Dogs prepared another heavy assault, breaking the frontline in two places, one of them nearby, other somewhere in the north.
>They were driven off quickly and didn't manage to do much harm, however they set fire in several buildings with intention of encircling Equestrian with it or scaring them away. Thanks to brave civilians their plans were foiled. Shooting lasted for whole night when they tried to cross the belt of fortifications again.
>"Also, Bunia asked for you today" said Clean after Kalina finished her last sentence. "It had to do something with some theory of yours. Do you know what she meant? Oh, and by the way, she's in one of abandoned blocks, she left as soon as we were evacuated. he didn't want to be around too many ponies."

Takes longer than it should. Do you know anny way of improving my spedd?
>>
>>25408116
How far away are we from our flat? We should go see Bunia.

There are slower CYOAs.
>>
>>25408246
Textbox/internet is messing with me again, I think next reply will be pre-written in notepad.

>You weren't too away from your flat, it was about a twenty minute march and you suddenly felt an urge to see your female doggish friend.
>It must be important if she wanted to see you, so you might look for her and talk.
"Would you mind if I go and see Bunia?" you asked your companions.
>"Go for it. I don't think we can leave right this instant anyway. Isn't it so, Kalina?"
>"They certainly wouldn't let me go in th middle of making dinner."
>"You know, we have to report our leaving for some reason, probably organization, and fnish what we are doing before this" finished Cushions after yellow pegasus.
>It seemed that you were free to go.
"So you will do every preparations you need to do, and we will meet at our old place, right?" you asked your last question to make things straight.
>"Of course. Shall we get other ponies? I mean our neighbours, not all these folks here."
>"I wouldn't" said Kalina right after. "I know it sounds harsh, but I wouldn't tell all of them."
>>
>>25408396
Considering how much the mares like to gossip everybody would find out if we tell anybody. Spending time in such an active community focused group could help them change their attitude.
>>
>>25408499
So you are not telling anyone, is that correct?
Language barrier strikes again.
>>
>>25408561
no
>>
>>25408594
>You think you were siding with Kalina in this certain case.
"No, better not to tell anypony. It might spread and we will have crowds of ponies at our doorstep in no time" you voiced your standpoint, earning a glare from Clean.
>"Why do you think so? It's not like ponies from there will instantly try to go and live with us. First, they are already settled here and if they wanted to leave, there are more blocks or homes around. Not all of them are inhabited. Secondly, I doubt that they would easily let this community here abruptly fall apart."
>"On the other side, there would be less ponies to be wary of in our basement" opposed crippled pony.
>"It's not ours, really. They lived there first and it was their home before the war. I'm sure they have some important stuff there, even if it's just for example a family photo or favourite mug. I wouldn't be right to lie to them."
>"This is not a time to care about too much ponies at once, Clean, and I suppose you should already realize this."
>"I know, but these aren't just some random ponies from the street. We lived with them, talked with them, shared our fears, hopes and experiences. So Spring what would you say to that?" she turned from Kalina to face you when she asked that question. Just then her eyes widened and she audibly gasped. "Spring, you were on the other side of the river! What are the conditions there? And hey... have you heard anything about my husband?"
>She eagerly waited for your response, sparks of hope in her eyes. But before you do so, you have to prepare convincing arguments why you don't want to tell your neighbours that basement is safe.
>>
>>25408882
In the past they've shown a lot of selfishness and seemed to mostly rely on other rather than use their own skills. Being in this well organized community that expects them to actively contribute can be beneficial to them. Tell them about conditions in the north and tell them that we weren't able to find anything about them. We forgot to search for him, but we'll be over there again.
>>
I'm still there. I just want to see if there are more Anons than one which currently replies.
>>
Oh well. Soon I will prepare reply or two and head to bed. I'm really tired, and some family matters made me sad.
>>
Or maybe I will just head to bed right now. I'm to depressed to think about writing. I'm very, very sorry, Anons. Or Anon. Please keep the thread alive, maybe tomorrow I will be able to give you more.
>>
>>25410015
Hope ya feel better tomorrow.
>>
>>25408882
The conditions in the north are not as good as here, but we know that's there's at least one group of survivors doing okay and he might be among one of them. We'll ask around next time and try to find more groups.

>tfw 3 and a half hours late
>>
>>25409891
Take all the time you need senpai.
>>
>>25412459
>>
>>25412459
>>
>>25412459
>>
File: ....jpg (22 KB, 508x245) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
22 KB, 508x245
I'll try to post today, try to do my best. Thank you for keeping it up.
>>
>>25408882
"These ponies shown that they prefer to have everything given to them over using their own skills to get what they desired, this is first argument. They were selfish and I don't think bringing this kind of ponies with us will be a wise idea."
>"So you have to be just like them? Denying them right to get back to their own homes is just as selfish, even if circumstances are different!" opposed Clean, remembering to keep her voice lower after initial part of her response made other ponies look at you all with confusion. "Somepony has to break this cycle, you know. And what about Sprocket?"
>"Listen, Clean, I know you are worried and you want to know, but maybe we will solve one issue at a time, is that good enough with you?" said Kalina before you managed to start your reply. "So Spring, please tell our friend if you found anything, and then we will continue."
"Okay. Okay, give me a second. Clean, I regret that I must say it, but I didn't find any information about your husband."
>Your words must had been some kind of hard impulse, and you weren't surprised when you noticed that green earth mare instantly deflated. Metaphorically of course, however it was almost physically visible.
>"Oh... oh well."
>"I'm sure he is fine. I bet Spring just had some troubles, she was away for day and a half."
>"Yeah... I suppose you are right" agreed Cushions, but vigorlessly and in not very convincing way.
>cont
>>
>>25415646
"Northern parts of the city are far less densely populated, so maybe I just haven't meet a pony able to say something relevant yet. There are some groups of survivors, and one is even doing fairly well - my dad's helping them."
>Then you proceeded to briefly tell them all you could see there and how life there possibly looked like.
>Kalina and Cushions acknowledged your words.
>"Now I want to remind you that we talked about different matters before, let's not drift away too much, yes?" said older of mares. "Clean, dear, you might say that somepony should break the cycle of selfishness and all that. But say, what makes you think that this 'somepony' means 'us'?"
>Earth mare blinked several times, astonished by the question.
>"Why? And what makes you ask the question? Isn't it obvious? We're good ponies and we should help!"
>"At what price?"
>"You act like you weren't there with us. I could easily understand if Spring would say your words, she's almost always away, but you? Haven't you seen that they had changed? That Apple Tree mobilized her friends to wander around with her? That ponies actually talked to Bunia once?"
>"Maybe they are changing, but crowd is not a good thing in enclosed spaces. Sweetie, please tell me, didn't you start to feel some itches recently?"
>"Well, there are some..."
>"We have fleas, Cushions. I don't know who brought them, it's not important anyway, but they are here and probably will stay with us for a long time. I'd prefer to live with my friends and my friends only than to sit in cramped, smelly room full of alien ponies."
>cont
>>
>>25415653
>Rant of the crippled pegasus felt quite unusual, especially that she said it all with voice turning gradually from calm and emotionless, logical, to angry. She was clearly biased towards the whole idea.
>You had to calm it all down before it could turn into some serious quarrel, and you had some words that might solve everything, or at least ease the mood.
>Clean was already gasping for air, obviously preparing a riposte.
"Wait! We don't need to fight, okay? It's not that I want to expell those ponies from their rightful place..."
>"Ha!" said Clean triumphantly.
"... but they surely will learn much more by staying here. This community is well organized and expects everypony to actively contribute and not just sit on his or her flank all day. They will learn to care for each other and work for greater good of community as a whole."
>Kalina nodded, it was her turn to form a gentle yet victorius smile.
>"But what will we do if they discover that the block is safe and try to return? Any bright ideas of solving this problem, Spring? If you answer me that one last question, I won't say anything against the whole idea again" green mare resorted to the last line of defence.
>Well?

End of post. I won't post in discussion, I don't even know if I won't simply collapse later.
>>
>>25415655
It's their home and if they want to come back we have no right to stop them. All we can do is talk to them about it when the time comes.
>>
>>25416113
"I know that we had rather bad experiences with them. I am also aware that remaining here won't hurt these ponies, it may teach them a thing or two" you slowly said, weighing your words and making sure that despite noise and your pretty low tone they will be understand correctly. "But if they will discover that they are able to return home, we have no right to stop them. We'll see when the right time comes. Maybe it could be solved with a simple talk."
>"I wouldn't be optimistic" said Kalina while shaking her head.
>"You never are" mentioned Clean with a bit of sarcasm. "You always see everything in darkest colours possible."
>"I've been through one more war than you, Clean. No need to be too salty, it's better to assume worst."
"Let's abandon this topic for now."
>"Let's."
>"So we have one problem solved, Spring. That's a good thing. So well, we will be on our way, Kalina and I still have to prepare for leaving and report that we want to return home. Until then."
"Bye. We'll meet by our block, I might be a little late if I won't find Bunia right there."
>"No worries, I'm getting used to you being 'a little late'" Clean sent you a weak but genuine and not sarcastic smile.
>You nodded while she turned around and left, pushing pegasus' wheelchair before her. A sting of guilt struck your heart. Did you really were that distant? It's not like you didn't spend any time together, you were with them quite often...
>Sleeping.
>Maybe you could do better. One day you will.
>cont.
>>
>>25416527
>Anyway, now it was your turn to leave and take care of your own matters. You had to see Bunia and know what she wanted.
>You reached your destination undisturbed, taking a glimpse of Hran still bravely guarding your supplies.
>There was a note literally carved on door of her flat with something sharp.
>"I couldn't find you and I want to tell you something important. If you want, you can meet me in a service station just a block north. I will be waiting for two full days" it said.
>Without a delay you left your shelter, by the way letting Hranchak know that soon his granny and Clean will come to the basement.

>The service station mentioned in Bunia's note was indeed close and you had no trouble with getting there, excluding getting around a building that decided to collapse right at the street.
>When you entered the dimly lightened meeting place, you had to sacrifice some time to look for your friend.
>And she though it would be a really funny idea to scare you to death by jumping straight at you when you least expected it.
"AAAH!" you yelled before she put a flashlight on, stopping you from louder screams or any unpredictable action.
>"By the Gods, you should see your face" she said calmly with a smirk. "Before we can talk normally, I want you to answer one simple question. Do you want to go on an adventure?"
>>
>>25416532
As long as it doesn't get us in too much trouble with Clean.
>>
Shower time. I think I can afford running for a bit more.
>>
>>25416644
>Oh Celestia.
>Oh jeez. Damn.
>Really? Bunia, why must you hurt me this way, you thought while calming your breath and getting yourself together.
>What made her think that it would be funny to scare you?
"What the hell, Bunia" you said as soon as you were able to let out something more than a squeal "I almost jumped through the ceiling!"
>"I know" she replied, grinning at you. The sight of these teeth was... uncanny to you. Damn that was a creepy smile. "Isn't that fun?"
>You sent her a shocked look.
>"I'm joking. Now, to more serious matters. Are you in?"
"As long as it won't make Clean throwing bricks at me out of pure unfiltered rage, sure."
>"Then I hope that Clean would be okay with you leaving this lousy shithole."
>What?
"What?"
>"What you heard. I'm packed, armed and ready and I'm going to escape Fillydelphia. I thought about certain things and I need to leave. And you are the only pony I trust enough to talk about it and to ask if you would join me. What do you say?"
>>
>>25417388
How would you even get out? Can anybody else come? What does this have to do with out theory? Where are you planning on going? When are you planning on leaving?
>>
>>25417388
We can't just leave our friends
>>
>>25417448
>>25417715
"How do you even want to leave? Where do you want to go? When are you planning to leave? Is there anybody else who could join without making you uncomfortable? And finally, what does this all have to do with the theory we came up with?"
>Questions shot from your mouth almost as fast as thoughts that formed them.
>For a brief while you were a machine firing words at velocity comparable to average assault rifle.
>Worst thing was that you were fully aware of that but you couldn't help it. You just had to let it all out fast.
>And to get answers. You even standed on your hindlegs, pressing front hooves against Bunia.
>"Whoa there. Slow down a bit, okay?" she said, grabbing your front hooves and putting them down so you stood like a normal pony again. "Was it I who made you that... active? Ask again. Normally."
"So first" you started, making sure that this time it will be slower "How do you want to get out?"
>"Certainly not with help of some shady organizations, that's for sure. I'm going to use the river."
"Okay then. Next, when do you plan to leave and where will you head?"
>"I can go even right now and guess what. I'm returning to Canida."
"This one partially answers my next question, but I'm going to ask it anyway to be sure."
>"Shoot."
>cont
>>
>>25417971
"What does this have to do with our theory?"
>"I want to return to my homeland, before you say anything: I know it's dangerous, but I feel obligued to do so, I'll explain later. Then I want to investigate, clearly see if our theory is true, prove it right and uncover Changeling plans. Thus a revolution should start and Canida will be free again. And I feel obligued to do it for the sake of my family, friends, and all oppressed Dogs. And lastly, for ponies and other races."
>Her words made sense. Somewhat. Although she said what you already knew, it was really dangerous, it would be a long journey and who knows if it would be successfull.
>You had one more question.
"Can someone else besides me join you?"
>"I'm not sure. In this certain case, the lower amount of people going equals better possibilities of keeping it all a secret. Especially that I highly doubt that more than one, maybe two ponies accompanying me would not raise any suspicions. One or two might be passed as POWs or even slaves, but more of them?"
>You got the information you wanted.
>It seemed that this certain proposition would lead to splitting your group. You don't know if Clean would want to join you, and you were absolutely sure that Hranchak will not leave his grandmother.
>As tempting as it was to try escape this place of despair, it felt somewhat wrong.
>You would need to simply leave your friends to do it.
>However if you would succeed, there was a chance of ending this in happier way than waiting for the war to lapse on its own.
>Bunia looked at you expectantly.
>>
>>25417984
How would it work with us? We've seen what the do to unicorns and if we went it could blow her cover. Also she should consider going to Canterlot or Ponyville first to see if she can get any support, or at least get the idea to others that might be able to do something.
>>
>>25417984
How can you be sure that we can pass as POWs or slaves?
>>
>>25418036
>>25418158
>The concept of leaving your crew behind made you very sceptical towards whole idea, thus getting more doubts and finding new questions was not difficult.
>In fact, arguments against going seemed to come out of nowhere, you just had them. THat wasn't a bad thing, however you wished you could have such a clean mind everytime.
>Here goes first question. Literally when you thought that, Bunia said it loud.
>"Here it goes..."
"I'm an unicorn. I saw what these... what they do with my kin. How do you think it would work with me as you companion?"
>"As I said, you could pass as a prisoner of mine. You... you wouldn't be acting as POW, I could already tell you this one thing. More like a slave, servant, whatever you call it. I can try to cover your horn so my paln wouldn't get foiled."
"Why are you so sure I could pass as a slave? Or other pony as..."
>"Prisoner of war. Honestly I'd probably need a stallion or hardened mare for that one. As for a slave, I don't suppose you ponies ever had a tradition of bringing exotic pets from your journeys?"
"I heard that Princess Celestia had a phoenix, but it might be just a rumor. WHat does it have to do with our cause?"
>Bunia looked at you with mixture of surprise and expression "did you seriously just say that?".
>"I could characterize you a bit. Damn, this horn complicates things. But I have noone else to turn to."
"What about Princesses, or the Elements?"
>"They cannot win the war they are fighting right now, what makes you think they could help me with Canida?"

I need to learn to not pick up wrong conversations.
>>
>>25418318
They've fought the changelings before and even if they don't help you directly, in knowingly fighting the same enemy you could help eachother.
>>
>>25418378
"They faced the Changelings before. They defeated them. They have knowledge of the subject that you could use to your advantage and at leat Princesses would definitely get interested in our theory" you said with a straight face, putting a good amount of certainity in your voice.
>If you could convince Bunia to go to Canterlot first, it might pay off. And it would probably help you to stay together with your friends, maybe you could even take all of them to a mighty and definitely more safe adventure with Princesses, fireworks and all that.
>However she didn't looked convinced. Not at all.
>"Canterlot is far south from there. Thinking logically, way more of our forces are standing between us two and your capital than us two and Canida. They have tanks, aeroplanes and whatnot. In my homeland we would probably only worry about State Security and Militia."
>>
>>25418561
Would you be able to make the trip safely if you were alone? We do still have family in this city we definitely wouldn't be able to take with us.
>>
>>25418607
"Let's assume that you ventured alone. Do you expect to make it all by yourself?" you asked, changing the topic all of a sudden.
>Bunia raised her eyebrow.
>"You really don't want to join me, do you?" she said and a sigh followed. "What I have expected... well, I think I could manage to get there safely alone, but I would have to resort to whole different plan and keep a low profile. I just... two heads are better than one, right?"
"Bunia..." you put a hoof on her leg, looking up, making best sorry face you could get out of yourself in given circumstances. "I'd like to help you. To join your quest, which is noble. But I have family here and I definitely wouldn't be able to take them with me. I have to stay here in Fillydelphia and care about them."
>"Eh, just like I want to take care of my own folks" she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. "Well, if your answer is no, then I think I will be going soon. If you have other questions, or just want to say a nice goodbye, feel free to do so."
>>
>>25418767
Say goodbye, I can't think of anything else to say
>>
>>25418807
>You sat with her in the service station for a short while, thinking about all that was said.
>So Bunia was going to try becoming a hero of her nation, apparently. She didn't wanted fame, she just felt that this was the right thing to do.
>Of course assuming that she won't die on her way or later, in her country.
>You really didn't know what you could say to her after you rejected her offer. And you weren't selfish when you did that, you weren't a coward or racist or something. You were in you right, feeling that you should stay here and care for your loved ones just like she wanted to do so by taking the dangerous route northwards.
>So after some time of silently looking at each other you straightened yourself and said your goodbyes. They were short, but not cold.
>Just before you left, female Dog closed you in a tight hug.
>"Take care, Spring. Stay alive."
"You too, Bunia" you replied and left when she let you go.
>You didn't want to feel too bad. Or cry.

>After a much slower walk back to your shelter you met with Hranchak, Kalina and Clean.
>Instantly you felt better about your decision, even if they weren't your family. The bad things creeping in you when you declined Bunia's plead were pushed away and dispersed by genuine warm of hearth, even if your home was a basement under block of flats in a district far away from both of your original living places.
>It was a weird feeling when you discovered that it was more present here than in your own flat at Millenium Estate.
>After getting comfortable, reorganizing stuff and general small talk finally a question appeared.
>"Spring, pray tell, whad did Bunia want from you? What was so important?"

Feedback time again. Is quality worse? What can be improved? Do you still enjoy it?
>>
>>25419034
She wanted me to go with her to Canida to try to find out about changeling plans and start a revolt and end the war.

Quality seems about the same. There's a few English errors here and there, but nothing too major. I enjoy the quest but I regret lurking for as long as I did.
>>
>>25419134
"You want shorter or longer version?"
>"Longer" said Clean.
>"Shorter, child" Kalina's voice joined almost immediately.
>>"Yeah, whatever" simply said Hran, shrugging. "Story's a story."
"I'm going to say it short and then explain it if Clean will want me to do so, okay?"
>"Fine, I guess."
>"Fair enough."
"So to make things shortest possible, Bunia wanted me to venture with her to Canida, prove our theory about Changelings taking over her motherland, incite revolution to overthrow them and then end the war. Basically."
>Kalina nodded to herself and then smiled. This was the first time you saw her smiling in a bad way.
>"I don't want to be rude. But I have to say it's plain stupid. She's a refugee and she wants to get back there?"
"Well, yes. I know it sounds weird, but wouldn't you try to help Konjeslavia if you were able to?"
>"No, Spring. Konjeslavia is gone. It will never return in its previous form."
>>"I would help!" Hran slipped in his own opinion.
>And would you do the same for Equestria?"
"I think I would consider it."
>"We're drifting away" reminded Clean not so gently.
"Oh, right. I tried to reason with her and maybe persuade her to try do something else, but to no avail. She was fixed on her goal."
>"From the way you speak I assume that you declined" said Clean, while Kalina simply looked at you with this nothingness in her eyes.
>Clean voice beared hints of approval, you noticed.
>cont
>>
>>25419526
"Yes, I declined, telling her that I have my own problems to care about. That I have a family and friends that I can't leave behind."
>The latter sentence actually brought smiles to muzzles of all your friends. Female ones at least. Hran seemed a bit grumpy for some reason.
>"It's good to have you as a friend and comrade. You know, you remind me of Roza sometimes" said Kalina.
>"Indeed, good to have you. If only you could be less careless and spend more time with us, it would be absolutely perfect" added Clean, of course she had to pick on your journeys.
"Hey, who would bring you all the stuff if not me?"
>"You talk like we don't have a fine and totally useful stallion armed with a gun around."
>>"Are you starting again?"
>"Of course not."
>>"You do!"
>"Please, calm down. We don't want to make Spring sad, I bet she already feels a bit down. And Clean, think twice before you say some things. Haven't Hran told us that he liked being outside?"
>"I'd like to remind you that right after you started to tell him how much you were worried."
>"Just as much as you are worried for Spring."
>"..." Cushions looked at Kalina and her gaze softened. "I guess you are right. There's no point in arguing, we're still friends after all."
>"Yes, we are."
>>"I guess so."
"A group of close friends" you said in the end, in a tone lower than the rest. "I'm glad that I have you."
>"We know. This feeling is mutual."
>>"So now what?"
>"I think we should get rid of the fleas" reminded Kalina right when green mare scratched her belly.
>>"Maybe we'll get that Germaneigh gas somewhere."
>"Maybe magic?" Clean looket straight at you horn in anticipation. "What do you think?"

Because the path is different than you would take, yes? Or maybe something else? I'll prepare another reply apart of this one and I will have to go to bed.
>>
>>25419537
We could check at the hospital and see if they have any ideas, parasites are considered a medical problem after all.
>>
>>25419537
Do we even know any magic that can help in a situation like this?
>>
>>25419655
>Simplest solutions to a problem are easiest ones to miss, or whatever that one saying was, and your companions proved it right.
"Can't we just go and visit a hospital? I think that they could help us, fleas are skin parasites. Doctors should take care of it" you voiced your own opinion on the matter.
>Your friends looked at you and each other while Kalina simply sighed quietly.
>"We may go and see if they can treat us. I just think hospitals might be a bit... full" she said after this sigh and drove herself closer. "I'm not sure if it's worth a try. How do you think, where all these wounded soldiers from the frontline go?"
>"Don't you think that you exaggerate just a little bit? I think that at least a nurse should have some time to give us a shampoo or anti-flea liquid or whatever" Clean was a voice in your favour.
>>"I'm always up for another walk. Even if only to get rid of these little shits gnawing at my skin" orange stallion also was rather fond of your idea.
>cont
>>
>>25419968
>With little to no opposition - who would oppose most logical option? - you all agreed to visit hospital. Without a single quarrel.
>That was a success in your eyes, mainly because you had a feeling that your friends are arguing with each other more often.
>Or maybe it was just you.
>You reached closest hospital without any obstacle on your way there, not counting a single aeroplane flying almost right above you. You hid because it flied on low altitude, you could swear it looked like this plane will hook against a building.
>It was the same clinic that granted you the wheelchair that old pegasus was using to move around. The same in which your school colleague was working.
>And as she predicted, it was full of movement, swarming with ponies walking, limping or just laying on the ground, in pain or completely numb to the world around them.
>But Kalina was wrong when it came to one thing - a good half of them weren't soldiers.
>Doctors were completely unavailible and most nurses busy.
>However you catched one just to hear that they are running low on the necessary liquids. It seemed that fleas became a common thing. Or maybe there were shortages. Or even both, you got conflicting information.
>Basic thing you got off the nurse was that you had to do something for the hospital, but as they are meant to bring help, it didn't need to be something completely out of your reach. You had a right to propose your way of paying for treatment or ask head of the hospital what he needs.

I think that end this post is kind of weak, if you manage to think about a way of helping hospital it would be good, but if not, I will simply continue it tomorrow, at least I hope so. I can say that you could think about, let's say, your basic skills. Or those of your friends. Anyway, good night.
>>
>>25419835
If you want to pick fleas one by one with your telekinesis, sure.
>>
>>25419982
We should go ask the head of the hospital, find out exactly what they need help with.
>>
>>25419982
There is that hospital with the broken generator. If it gets fixed the strain on this one might lessen.
>>
>>25420371
Hran does know about mecanical stuff, we should ask him if he'd know how to fix it.
>>
>>25422386
>>
>>25422386
>>
>>25420371
>>25421055
>Going to head of the hospital seemed to be a good option, however you thought that you will delay it just a bit.
>It was so because an idea struck your head, making you nod to yourself in hestitation.
>You recalled what the speaker in radio told his listeners about: that there was one hospital with power problems, its generator broke.
>There was another memory you had connected with this certain case. Before you first went to the river with intention of looking for a way to get to the other side, you wanted to visit that place. It was pretty far away though and you decided that it wasn't your primary objective.
>It was pretty ironical in your opinion that now you thought about it again - if you were able to help them with their generator, this hospital you were in right now will not be figuratively besieged by ponies in need.
"Hran?" you said, and you didn't even need to rise your tone too much. Hospital was surprisingly quiet for a place filled with pain and suffering.
>>"Eh?"
"I know that you are pretty good at mechanics..."
>>"And you want me to help with some hospital-related matter. Sure, I don't see any problem" he didn't let you finish your sentence.
"Not exactly, Hran. You know, I have an idea. When I were away, I was able to listen to the radio. I've heard that there's a hospital with its power generator broken and I wonder if you could fix it?"
>>"I don't know why you want me to fix a generator in... oh wait! Riiiight. If we fix that generator there, less ponies will come here. And we will be able to get our treatment either here or there. Brilliant, Spring. But first I need to see this generator. Do you know where the hospital is?"
"Somewhere in the center. It's called Lighthouse."
>>"Appropiate name, I'd say. Anyway, we don't really know where is it, but we can ask on our way there. Anything else I should know? I want to prepare for everything."
>>
>>25423888
Unfortunately it is my only update before work. I will try writing later. Also I wonder about something. Two of you didn't really want to modificate genre of this CYOA, what about the rest?
>>
File: 1413683835400.jpg (33 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1413683835400.jpg
33 KB, 400x400
>>25423895
Modify the genre to what? Comedy?
What genre is this even considered?

Most Qms are worried that they eventually change the genre and fuck the formula of their shit, but if you could give me a brief explanation of why it would be a good idea to change the formula/genre then I'm up for it
I'm still not convinced this change is a good idea.
>>
>>25425067
>>
>>25425067
>>
>>25424086
Maybe genre is a bad word. Blame me. I wanted to give you a choice if you want to turn this CYOA into something adventuresque with ultimate goal besides "survive and don't get scarred for life" or remain in our good old pain and suffering. I must admit, I think I'm more confident with executing latter one. I certainly wouldn't turn it into a comedy or something like that. I don't think I can even write a comedy besides "I'm shit at English". Nothing more. No worries.

Also I will eat and pick this up. Remember kids, capitalism is bad.
>>
>>25427152
Better to just let the genre evolve as things happen.
>>
>>25427261
Very well then. I think this is settled, so we may return to our regular running. I hope nobody's disappointed.

>>25423888
"I don't think so" you said with your face straight, you didn't want to let him instantly know that you didn't know anything besides where to look for the place and why it was in trouble.
>He didn't seem to notice while he nodded to you with something that could pass as a smile if you were optimistic enough.
>>"What are we waiting for?" he said and enthusiasm shined forth in his eyes. It was similar to a moment when he realized that he's able to leave the basement and wander around with you. "I have a generator to see. Maybe even fix."
>And with that you left the hospital that in your opinion was so far away from image of regular clinic that it could almost be named death house. This 'almost' was genuine care provided by tired nurses.
>Leaving this place behind you was a relief both physically and figuratively. Air seemed to be fresher, there were less noises and you didn't need to see faces twisted in pain, burns, limbs bent in unnatural ways anymore.
>The whole 'Lighthouse' thing was harder to investigate than you initially thought.
>You were able to ask some ponies, either digging through the ruins or sitting in their respective basements, but you got conflicting information.
>cont
>>
>>25427759
>Some said that place was attacked by bandits.
>Others confirmed it, adding that they still control the place.
>Another bunch spoke otherwise, that Lighthouse managed to fend off the bad guys - with or without military help - and is still relatively okay.
>There were even more bizarre voices, telling you that they saw flag of the Republic flying above clinic buildings, that they saw mysterious lights or that a bunch of rogue military medics started making some terrifying experiments there.
>And not manhy ponies could point you the direction of the Lighthouse. Finally Hran had to step in and use some roughness to let you know that you should head to Eternal Fire Square, where the clinic was located. It was near Old Town.
>After hearing all of that do you still want to go there and check it all out? You felt that it might be dangerous and this feeling wasn't making you exactly eager to go.
>Hranchak, of course, wanted to see the place.
>>
>>25427765
With so many conflicting rumors it's better to find out for ourselves.
>>
>>25427845
>All these rumors were conflicting, you couldn't exclude the possibility that much of the things you heard were made up.
>On the other hoof, in circumstances like those around you, you also weren't able to say that they are completely not true. Who knows? You shivered when you thought what made some folks think that military does some nasty experiments there.
>Even more likely of these rumors, like bandits taking over the place, weren't a nice prospect.
>You voiced your doubts, shared them with your friend.
>>"I still have Salty, you know. I couldn't let her stay all alone in the basement for long" this was his only response at first.
>>"You can't shy away from danger if it isn't certain, Spring" he continued after a while. "And by tartarus, it's not the first time you get yourself in trouble, right? I would even say that trouble usually get into you, but I don't know if you Equestrians have this saying."
"I think I understand what you mean" you said to orange stallion, thinking about his words.
>Well, he was right when he said that sometimes trouble finds you first. You usually tried to stay out of it, though.
>But the fear and uncertainity began to fade away. You were the one who was always outside, always getting stuff for your friends. This time you had one of them by your side. If you will be careful...
"then nothing bad will happen" you finished you thoughts loudly.
>>"What?"
"I said that we'll check the place."
>>"Fuck yeah!"
"But we will be careful and we won't rush. Don't swear" you quickly added.
>>"Are you my mum? I don't think so. Marefriend?" the orange of his coat became a little bit more orange. Was that a blush? "If tartarus will freeze. So don't tell me what I can and can not say."
"Just how old are you?" you smirked at him. "Six, seven?"
>>"All right, I get it. Maybe we will focus on task at our hooves?"
>cont
>>
>>25428190
"Sure. You know where to head. Lead the way."
>And he did, but not before he sent you a glare throwing daggers and let out irritated sigh.
>When you were walking by more or less damaged buildings made in times long passed, down streets with gaping holes here and there, two things became clear.
>A fight between military troops never happened here. You weren't sure about bandit activity, if it was present, then guys here didn't have access to firearms.
>And that Dogs didn't really care about where their shells were flying. You already supposed that they were bombing the hell out of Fillydelphia on purpose, now you saw proofs. So many damaged or even ruined homes, stores, workshops this far from the frontline?
>There were no signs of bad guys around. In fact, you could see many more ponies just walking around, going on with remnants of their lives than in your part of city.
>They were unusually quiet and not eager to talk when you asked about the Lighthouse, though. Some of them were easy to read and you could see that they felt uneasy.
>>
And unfortunately it's sleep time for me. Until later today.
>>
>>25428190
Keep going, but stay alert.
>>
I have a really bad feeling about that hospital.
>>
>>25430664
I'm sure it'll be fiiiiine.
>>
>>25429594
>You didn't abandon your mission nevermind the silence and lack of willingness to help of local ponies.
>However both of you decided to stay alert, ready to fight or run, always close to possible cover.
>Especially when you noticed that closer you get to the clinic, there were less ponies carrying on their everyday lives. In fact, soon you saw that windows were boarded or reinforced in other way, guards were standing in front of houses' entrances and to make matters more suspicious, basements were locked at nighttime - somepony warned you about the last part.
>Even Hran seemed to be slightly disturbed by all this, especially last part. Ponies didn't lock their doors in normal circumstances, it meant that they had to be rather afraid of whatever was coming at night.
>Soon you had reached the Lighthouse.
>It was... definitely bigger than you expected. Not because of buildings size, but because of their amount. Most Fillydelphia hospitals had one main building, sometimes additional one.
>The Lighthouse was different. There ware many different buildings surrounded by iron fence. It wasn't looking scary or something. Entrance to the facility ground and one to the main building were inviting, wide open.
>And that's what you were worried about.

I don't know if I manage to post more before I leave. But I will try to post at night, even if I have to get up early at Sunday.
>>
>>25431108
>>
>>25432811
Let's go in and find out whats going on. Be ready to run if there are any signs of hostility.
>>
Probably not able to run tonite.
>>
>>25431108
>>
>>25438485
>>
>>25438485
>>
>>25440676
>>
My last bump.
>>
>>25440676
>>
>>25440676
>>
Good morning East Coast.
>>
Good afternoon, folks. I will eat and reply once or twice. I will be able to run at night without any obstructs.
>>
>>25435191
>You felt that you should be especially careful, but still you had to enter the building to see what was going on.
>Even if you didn't want to. Hran almost looked like he would prefer to be somewhere else, not even caring about hiding his state from you. However he also seemed to be determined to accompany you, there was no need to worry about him running away or something.
>You gathered all your courage and cautiously entered the yard, then building, ready to run whenever you will encounter hostile ponies.
>Fortunately, there were none. First that catched your eyes when you entered main part of the Lighthouse was the mess. Crooked sign let you know that desk with telephone hanging from it, let you know that you were in a reception.
>Behind the desk there were lots of metal cabinets, probably filled with patients' data.
>Everything was conveniently signed, by the way, even if sometimes those signs were more or less damaged.
>You passed the reception, still remaining cautious and prepared, your friend was by your side, silent.
>He was the one to check rooms with his gun ready, then he allowed you to enter and helped you with your search. It wasn't surprising that you found nothing at first.
>>"Oh fuck" you heard when Hranchak entered another room.
"I said something about swearing, Hran" you jokingly scolded him while approaching. Then you saw what made him swear
"Oh shit."
>There was a body, lying on the floor. You were sure that it wasn't here in the beginning, it was dragged to the room.
>The corpse looked like cause of death was trample or heavy beating.
>But there was one disturbing thing about it, you had to examine this more closely to get the full grasp of what were you seeing right now.
>This unfortunate pony had nails driven in corners of her mouth, they were positioning in a way that made her smile widely.
>>
positioned*

Also work time.
>>
>>25444042
Nope nope nope.
Fuck this place.
Outlast and shit.
>>
>>25444042
Grab something weapon like have Hran bring out salty and make your way towards the exit, watch each others backs and above all DON'T PANIC whoever this is they want you to be afraid.
>>
>>25444042
Somebody is clearly trying to scare us away from here which means they don't want to fight. Continue the search.
>>
>>25444042
Realistically >>25446808 would probably be right but in a world where chaos gods and hydras exist I'm not willing to risk it. Let's relocate to an area with more windows and see if we can find anything useful. Keep Hran on watch at all times and stay close to him.
>>
>>25445613
>>25446536
Running away with our tails between our legs would just mean we wasted a lot of the day.
>>
I will eat really fancy supper consisting of bread, boiled sausages containing less meat than a wooden plank and reply.
>>
>>25446808
Or they're some sort of crazed serial killer who's fucking with us for fun.
>>
>>25448511
Then it's for the best that he's delt with.
>>
>>25446536
>>25446808
>>25447579
>Nope nope nope nope.
>Wait, wait, you said to yourself in your mind, hold up. Think, Spring, don't panic. Don't scream.
>As Brisk unwittingly taught you, panicking is not good thing to do. Panic kills. Even literally in certain cases.
>You took a few deep breaths to calm yourself down, noticing that Hranchak was doing exact same thing, but quieter than you.
>He regained composure faster, gun that he was tightly and firmly gripping was giving him confidence. And a confident, armed friend aided you in staying clear-headed a good bit.
>You wanted to run away screaming like a little mare you are, however it meant wasting a pretty big chunk of this day.
>>"We're not leaving yet, not until we see who the fuck did that to this poor mare" announced stallion quietly like he was reading your mind.
"What if it's a serial killer of some sort? What if we will become his next... brrr... smiling victims?" you asked before you managed to withhold your inner fears.
>>"I don't think this is job of a serial killer."
>There was a bit of uncertainity in his voice.
>At least you thought so, you couldn't be absolutely sure on that one. His expression didn't change that much.
"I think... I think we could try to sneak around to see who is responsible for this" you whispered. "You're armed after all, so we are somewhat safer."
>>"Fine enough. I'm not too curious, but I can't leave you here and we need that damn anti-pest liquid."
>cont
>>
>>25449342
>Moments after you both decided that you had enough of watching defaced bodies for one day.
>Hran was wary, careful and he had Salty ready to insert some rock seasoning into somepony's face.
>You sticked close to your friend, but tried to not obstruct his maneuverability. Also you got yourself a fine metal chair leg for self defence. This time you didn't take your knife with you - it was a simple visit at the hospital after all - and you regretted this.
>The main idea was to get outside in one piece, then cautiously look through the windows to see if you will catch the mysterious criminal or not.
>There was an almost overwhelming urge of getting the heck out of here, however you and Hran came up with this: this body could be used only to scare potential visitors away. You had to prove it wrong or right, and then maybe alert authorities that there's a murderer on the loose.
>Soon you reached the main building entrance, and you were undisturbed. It was relatively quiet - only sounds were your and Hran's hoofsteps and, when you got closer to the escape way, occasional muffled detonations.
>Then the looking started. You checked windows in every accessible room in the main building and you found nothing besides some more bodies. When their faces were turned towards you, you could see the nails making corpses smile widely.
>When you approached one of the closest buildings, signed as intense care ward, you heard a loud cough, some laughter, and then humming.

Forgot name. Also damn, that took long.
>>
>>25449360
Silently get Hran's attention.
>>
>>25449360
Stealth mode is a must also remember we may not have a knife but our tk is stronk. Keep an eye out for large heavy objects, like furniture, that we could use as bludgeons.
Also I admit I'm no gun expert but isn't it relatively easy to repack shotgun shells? If so Hran should really look into converting some to be a bit more lethal.
>>
>>25449497
>>25449498
>Of course you got your friend to see what was happening in there right away. Good that you were close to each other.
>Not that kind of close, though. Anyway, you prepared your chair leg just in case and readied yourself for extensive use of telekinesis. Better safe than sorry.
>Then both of you slowly and quietly approached a broken window that was channeling the humming to you.
>When you crept closer you were able to discern the tone. It was one of songs singed by fillies back in your days, not so popular anymore.
>Finally you were able to rise up carefully and take a peek inside.
>It was a regular intense care room painted cabbage green, with some damaged medical equipment, a chunk of brick was lying inside, telling you how the window was broken.
>Almost right in the middle of the room a pony, young stallion, younger than Hran, was... dancing with other pony?
>No.
>Oh sweet merciful Celestia. And Luna.
>He was holding a corpse. Dancing with a dead corpse, holding it like it was his close friend. And he hummed to it.

Even if so, you have to get gunpowder and the little particles, no? I'm not a gun expert too.
>>
>>25449719
>Even if so, you have to get gunpowder and the little particles, no? I'm not a gun expert too.
That's why I said convert: there should be powder in his existing rock salt shells and I assume you could scavenge ball bearings out of things like bicycle and shopping cart wheels for the shot.
>>
>>25449761
I may make you laugh right now, but I always thought that you just stuff some gunpowder and crystal of salt in there and shoot. Like you have to stuff lead ball in musket.
>>
>>25449719
Does the stallion look armed and is it a unicorn?
>>
>>25449855
Completely unarmed, pegasus.
>>
>>25449838
Don't forget the wadding to keep the shot and the powder separate.
>>
>>25449719
Let's go inside and ask the crazy if he's the one that moved the corpse and if there's anybody (living) else around.
>>
>>25449901
>Although overall scene that was happening right in front of your eyes was shocking and deeply disturbing, you didn't run.
>Your orange companion didn't try to get out of here either, he stood in his place unable to do anything, with his eyes and mouth wide.
>It took quite a while to fully grasp and acknowledge the whole situation, and then to overcome the fear and disgust. However you managed to do so, this time even before Hran did.
>Were you slowly getting used to weird sights or something?
>You nudged your friend gently to get his attention and help him come to his senses. Luckily, it worked and the earth pony turned to face you.
"We're going in, okay?" you whispered to him.
>>"For what fucking reason do you want to get in there?!" he started loudly, but quickly lowered his tone. The dancing pony was still humming, he must had ignore you.
"I want to ask him ifhe's the one responsible for those smiling bodies" you murmured in answer "Also he might tell us if there's anypony else around."
>>"And you will believe his words, Spring? Are you completely dumb?"
"It won't hurt to just ask!"
>>"I wouldn't be too... oh wait. Salty. Yeah fine, I have my girl with me, so we might go to visit this guy. Just don't get too close to him."
"Right. Let's go, then."
>And with that you both trotted towards the intense care ward entrance making sure to take louder steps when you passed it. You didn't want to startle the crazy.
>The dancing guy seemed to bee deep into his trance, because he didn't notice you at once. You had to clear your throat to make him look at you.
>cont
>>
>>25450192
>His eyes were muzzy. The pegasus slowly put down a corpse he was holding and waved at you.
>>"Hello!" he said slowly. "Hello!"
"Hi."
>>"Blergh" Hran wasn't too eager to emit more sound than this.
>>"Hello! Friends? Are you friends?"
"Yes" you decided that this answer was best choice "We're friends. Who are you?"
>>"A friend, yes. Lonely firefly. Lonely? I have friends. I made them smile, but they are silent most of the time. They don't like strangers. They don't like not-friends. Sometimes we all scream at non-friends."
>That was getting more and more uneasy. Especially when you noticed... a pack of nails.
>You didn't even have to ask.
>>"What friends want? A story, maybe? A song? So lonely. Lonely firefly. You said something?" last sentence was obviously directed at the corpse sitting on the floor. "Strangers? No, no. It's all okay. Friends are here. Friends, what do you want? Don't be shy. You are not smiling, are you sad?"
>>
>>25450206
We have other friends who are sick and were hoping that this hospital was still working, Mind telling us the story of what happened here after the power went out?
>>
>>25450259
"We have other friends who are sick and were hoping that this hospital was still working. Mind telling us the story of what happened here after the power went out?" you said very slowly and clearly, giving this pony some time to digest what you were throwing at him.
>While you were talking, Hran was looking at you with his eyebrow up and mouth forming a thin line.
>Muzzy eyes of the crazy one were wandering slowly between you, your comrade, the corpse and thing you could not see. You shivered when you imagined how this stallion may see the world around him.
>"Friends. Sick friends. Yes. Bad times when friends are sick, I know. My home was full of sick friends once. We were all together, brothers and sisters. Some of us sad, some happy, some were bad, acting like strangers. We don't like strangers. And one time... what? No, that was another time. There was a noise, booms and lights in the sky" when he said that, he rose his foreleg, pointed it at the ceiling and made a circle. "Was it then? Two times the lights disappeared. Our own tiny little suns, you know.? Are you still there, friends? Please, be here. I'm just a lonely firefly. They smile at me, I made them smile because they were sad, and sadness made them whisper to me."
>>"What happened when the lights disappear?" abruptly interrupted Hran, seemingly losing patience.
>>"One time or second time?"
"I think we want to know about the second time."
>>"Okay. It's good. You like stories, I like stories too! Friends, your voices are different. Not raspy, not granting, true. Alive? A-live. Life. Life ended when our little suns setted. Strangers came. They were noisy, they wanted to take everything from us. I didn't let them. Me and my friends. They opened our home, our great home was in fire. We were scared. I screamed. We all screamed. Some of us are still screaming. There are no strangers here now. They took many things, but we got rid of them. Tell us a story. Tell me a story. Look out for the strangers"
>>
>>25450482
Looks like the place was raided by bandits after the generator died and the crazy guy is the only one left.
>>
>>25450482
Lets tell him a happy story and then ask where the generator is.
>>
>>25450538
>>25450627
>Hran gestured to you that you should leave this place, not talk with the crazy for too long.
>The latter stallion was busy with mumbling something to himself and caressing the body, and you automatically silently showed your disgust, but you managed to erase it wrom your muzzle quite swiftly.
>Shaking your head at Hran to let him know that you weren't going to leave yet, you tried to get pegasus' attention again.
"Um... excuse me?"
>>"Hush. She's trying to sleep. I like looking at her while she sleeps. Tell us a bedstory."
>Much to Hranchak's disapproval you agreed to do what you were asked for.
>It wasn't exactly easy to do in given circumstances, but after some time and one shy encouragement from crazy pony you recalled a tale about Jasmine and giant, making sure to tell it in more bright and happy way than usual. Giant and asmine became friends, the end.
>Pegasus joyfully clapped his hooves when you finished, smiling at you brightly.
>>"A fun story, a happy story! We like happy stories! There was one miss in blue shirt. There were many misses in blue shirts, but that one was mine. She told us stories. She was a friend, and I helped her to leave our home when strangers came. She was so sad I couldn't look at her. But she's happy now. I want all the ponies to be happy."
>cont
>>
>>25450882
"I'm glad that you are in a good mood, friend" you returned the smile, however yours was a little bit more fake. "Tell me please, where the generator might be?"
>>"A generator? What is this? Ooooooh. Generate. Is generate the opposite of degenerate?"
>>"It makes your little suns shine" said Hran aloud, irritated, quietly adding "dumbshit."
>>"Ah! We have that one on the wall" winged stallion pointed his hoof at light switch. "But you want to know a secret? I can tell you a secret, angry friend, maybe this will make you happy again. I do, I will tell. Don't whisper to me at night."
"So what is this important secret, friend?"
>>"Oh yes, the secret. We know. Big building, part of our home. I know, I will tell. Main building, queen of the buildings. A little child building stands close to it, they are touching. Outhouse. Mother and daughter. And in this outhouse, in little child building, there is..."
>He took a deep breath and kept silence for a bit, probably wanting to make revelation more terrific.
>>"The Chest of Spark. Yes. The Chest of Spark. You don't touch it. Good friends written than you should not touch it."
>>
>>25450893
We're here to fix "The Chest of Spark"
>>
>>25450951
"We came to you, friend, to fix the Chest of Spark, to make lights brightly shine again" you explained when you heard a description of what you assumed to be a generator you were looking for.
>Come on, the Chest of Spark? Really?
>Eh, it could probably be worse.
>The crazy pony looked at you in disbelief when you said that you are here to help, but then to your surprise his expression turned to fear mixed with anger.
>>"Y-you can't!" he yelled and spread his forelegs, unintentionally hitting the body sitting beside him. "It's forbidden to touch the Chest of Spark! You will make them angry if you touch it! They will punish you!"
>>
>>25451102
There are ponies who's jobs are to fix things like that and who are "they"?
>>
>>25451222
Nice trips. And now I have to sleep. Thank you for participating, Anon[s], I hope you had fun. Any suggestions, advices or this kind of stuff are welcome.
>>
>>25451102
"It's okay. We understand that they don't want us messing with the Chest so we'll leave it alone." After we that we should leave and try to fix the generator without this guy knowing.

>>25451222
I don't think explaining that will work. All he knows is that people told him not to touch it therefore nobody should touch it.

>>25449838
That's how most zip guns work.
>>
>>25452802
>>
>>25452802
>>
>>25452802
>>
>>25451222
>>25451451
"Who are 'they'?" you asked, deciding to go for it first.
>Chances that there were other ponies here besides this crazy guy were minor, you assumed that he did a really good job scaring away all intruders and potential scavengers, but you weren't too willing to take the risk.
>Maybe you will get something useful from his answer, even if you will have do decipher it.
>The guy turned to pony carcass he hit and hugged it tightly, crying quietly. You probably touched something traumatic to this pony.
>He looked miserably, whole scene was rather saddening, even if you saw worse things. A crazy pony figuratively stuck to a dead body which he defaced with his own hooves, crying in abandoned hospital that stood in a besieged city.
>You noticed that Hran bit his cheek and turned his gaze away. Judging from his expression the sight made him drop his bad attitude, at least for the time being.
>>"They" suddenly the pegasus turned towards you so sharply that you imagined his neck and back cracking "THEY! Who are they? Shady figures, rarely appearing, hiding from mortal eyes. They. White robes, strings and stings, orders and bans. They pull the strings, they rule us all. Neither strangers, nor friends, just they. White robes, belts, bright lights. If you misbehave they will take you to a place called basement. Not dark, but lit. Lit very well. It would be less scary if basement was dark. And then, if you misbehave, they say 'misbehave' often, they will send the Spark on you. And the Spark will punish you for misbehaving."
>cont
>>
>>25455351
>You had no idea who those ponies, or people, might be. He saw the world around him in a way so different than you could barely imagine...
>Wait.
>Stopping for a bit, you thought about his words more carefully, analyzing them one by one.
>Some overlords barely visible within the place he was held in, stings, white robes. Ordering everypony around.
>This description would probably fit doctors. Not nice ones, though. You weren't sure about basement bit, but it definitely sounded bad.
>Anyway, you got the information you needed.
>You still wanted to fix the generator, partially because then ponies would try to return to this place and maybe poor mad guy could get some help, and partially because you spend quite of time getting here and wandering around.
>However you didn't want the pegasus to know about your plans, he might act in unpredictable way, he seemed pretty scared of punishment.
"So goodbye, friend, thanks for your help" you said after a while and turned around, leaving first so Hran could cover your back. Crazy guy didn't reply with anything but a weak smile and some mumbling.
>Getting to the outhouse wasn't a trouble at all, it was conveniently signed as 'maintenance room'.
>It was, of course, dark because lack of windows, but light that you let in through the door was enough to see some wires, cabinets, workbench, tools, pipes, basement entrance, and finally the generator.
>>"We will definitely need more light, Spring. Any bright ideas?" your orange friend put emphasis on the word 'bright', smiling cheekily.
>>
>>25455351
We're a unicorn, light up our horn and tell him not to say anything.
>>
Worktime. Expect me at night.
Thread replies: 208
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.