[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If they made an MLP moba
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
What would each of the mane six's roles and abilities be?
>>
>moba
>not assfaggots
>>
>>27495861
the ability to kill yourself

mobas are stupid as fuck
>>
File: horse.png (1 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
horse.png
1 MB, 1280x960
Applejack would probably be a disruptive tank, using her lasso to pull enemies towards her or bucking them away
Rainbow Dash is a very mobile assassin who can quickly travel through the map with her ult, Sonic Rainboom
Twilight is clearly the mage of the group, she uses blinks, barriers and lasers.
Rarity would either be a support style mage, stunning enemies with her gems and maybe giving armor to her allies
Fluttershy could be some sort of summoner who controls different types of animals. One of her abilities could be the Stare, where she temporarily takes control of an enemy summon
Pinkie Pie should be the ADC of the group. As she moves she drags her party cannon around which automatically targets enemies. Her abilities let her retreat inside the cannon and be fired in any direction, and her ult lets her turn into Pinkamena and surpress one enemy while the cannon unloads on it.
>>
Twilight: super carry; Her ultimate would be her simply changing into an alicorn with a massive boost to her stats

RD: melee carry/assasin

AJ: Pudge in pony form. Lasso to pull them in, maybe a stomp that slows enemies, ability to eat apples to restore HP and remove CC

Fluttershy: Carry. Give her a healing ability of some kind.
>>
>>27495861
>mobas
fuck off my board, underageb&
>>
>>27496717
Most played game in the world, fag
>>
>>27496783
There are a lot of underageb& in the world.
>>
>>27495861
>Rainbow Dash = Mortred
>AJ = Earth Shaker
>Rarity = Alchemist
>Twilight = Queen of Pain
>Fluttershy = Enchantress
>Pinkie Pie = Clockwerk
>>
>>27495861
>every character is just a palet swap
>only unicorns can do cool shit
>pegasi can't really fly to keep it balanced
>earth ponies are useless (but m-muh buck)
yeah, sounds like a great game
>>
>>27496900

I take it you've never played a moba? Flying heroes are never an issue balance-wise, neither are magic-users.
>>
>>27496934
Ugh. Flying heroes don't do anything. They aren't truly in flight, they just hover. Magic-users IN A MLP MOBA would be unbalanced since melees don't have shit in the way of abilities.

Now go suck a cock.
>>
>>27496941
>What are dashes
>What is CC
>What is stats other than DPS

And as someone pointed out upthread, that's not even an issue. Pinkie has her long-range party-cannon and AJ has a lasso.

You really are autistic, aren't you?
>>
>>27496941
I can't speak for all MOBAs, but all that I've played focus around each character having strengths and weaknesses which have to be exploited. I'd imagine a mage like Twilight would be good at harassing people from a distance with her beams, making her strong against people who can't reach her.
Then, you'd have a character like Rainbow Dash who can rapidly fly towards Twilight and output her whole damage potential before she even has a chance to react. That damage would however not be enough to kill someone with a high enough defense, maybe like Applejack, who could finish Rainbow before her cooldowns and mana come back. AJ would then be beaten by the long-range Twilight as she has no reliable means of closing the gap between them. In addition to this, you're always able to customize your character, meaning that Applejack could go for a build that emphasizes resistances against magic attacks, but would make her more lackluster in other areas.
Of course, I've exaggerated this and MOBAs aren't all just rock-paper-scissors. This still means that you will have to rely on your teammates to help you defeat enemies that by design, you can't beat. That's where strategy comes in handy.
>>
>>27495993
That actually sounds like a good idea, someone mod dota and make this happen
>>
>>27496717
>Implying only under age people play mobas.
Dotas player base consists of mostly 18 plus players..
>>
>>27495861
The hell's a moba?
>>
File: flutterench.png (55 KB, 278x416) Image search: [Google]
flutterench.png
55 KB, 278x416
>>27496873
>Twilight = Queen of Pain
Invoker would work better imho.

>Fluttershy = Enchantress
Perfect fit.
>>
>>27495993
Actually, I think rarity would be another type of mage, with spells more focused on stats and strategy rather than magic damage and combat
>>
>>27497904

So in other words, Rarity is a support.
>>
>>27497859
Anon means ASSFAGGOTS
>>
>>27497859
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplayer_online_battle_arena

Or if you want the old /v/ meme:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ASSFAGGOTS
>>
>>27495861
my experiance with mobas is only assholes play them, and when nice people play them, they turn into assholes. No I have never played an moba so I am not sitting here butthurt, but rather, everyone I know who plays mobas screams like a lunatic during the gameplay while I sit in earshot. Some more than others.
>>
>>27497946
True. The MOBA-communities are pretty much on the same level as /mlp/.
>>
>>27497946
I've made similar experiences. I still play them, but never with random allies. As long as you're in it with friends who aren't tryhards or rage as soon as the enemy gets FB, they're quite fun.
>>
File: 1464479873318.jpg (147 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1464479873318.jpg
147 KB, 1500x1500
>Playing ASSFAGGOTS
>>
>>27495861
But who would be the mobs? What would be the towers?
>>
>>27496818
It's also full of faggots. You know the kind that play MOBAS
>>
File: 1370583664571.gif (165 KB, 373x400) Image search: [Google]
1370583664571.gif
165 KB, 373x400
>>27498011
Every single mob would be Spike
>>
>>27498148

10/10

On both sides. Jungle creeps as well. I love it.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.