[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Calling all bughorse lovers and analytical thinkers. We know
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 736x751) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 736x751
Calling all bughorse lovers and analytical thinkers.
We know Changelings feed on love, happiness, positive emotions. That still leaves a lot of emotional energy in a being.
What do you think would be the result if a Changeling was fed purely on negative emotions? How would it be affected?
>>
Maybe it would have mental side effects like slowly driving them insane
>>
They have a card for that; they can feed on any emotion, they just prefer Love, like a person can live on multiple types of food, including street cart hotdogs, but we'll still prefer the good kind.
>>
I haven't been able to keep a story going for the last three days, since whatever thread I write on seems to 404, but I'll take a swing at my own take on this.

>You are Anon.
>Not sure where you are, since you're underground and have been for almost a month now.
>Each morning your room changes, each day's setup a bit more bland and minimalistic, likely since they've heard of your uncanny escape artistry.
>The wall begins to shiver, and a familiar face steps through it, grinning that sharp-toothed smirk.
>"Good morning, Mr. Anonymous."
"So it is morning, then. Good to hear."
>"Do you know what today is?"
"Well, if it's poker night, I haven't been able to stock up any beer, so we might have to postpone."
>Chrysalis sighs.
>"Today marks your first month in my humble abode. That is a new record for any Equestrian inhabitant, assuming you make it to sundown."
"Cool, do I get a sticker then?"
>Chrysalis smiles a bit wider.
>"Your jokes are a fine mask, Anon, but a month spent as a meal tray for my soldiers is wearing you down. Your very soul is beginning to crumble under the weight of your facade, and I think I have just the thing to knock down whatever foolish spirit you might have left."
"You better hope so."
>You glance over at the dozens of stains on the wall, all green, some still glowing.
"At this rate, your soldiers will be too scared to come in here at all. If you think the stains are bad...well, did you know wing lace is actually really smooth down below?"
>She snarls, her horn lighting up and causing the wall to shimmer again, giving her enough time to step through it, leaving you alone with your thoughts for a few moments.
>Whatever came through that wall next, you didn't have a good feeling about it.
>>
>>27483660
> It seems like about thirty minutes before Chrysalis returns, and behind her comes a small group of soldiers, each of them taking place at one of her legs as they come to a stop.
>Behind the group comes something a bit different.
>It's a Changeling, all right, but not any kind of Changeling you've ever seen.
>The eyes are solid red, the body seems to be swamped in some kind of viscous fluid, and the wings are clearly ripped, leaving you to wonder if the thing can even fly.
"I think your back one is broken."
>Chrysalis chuckles for a moment, turning around a running a hoof up the cheek of the strange insect.
>"He's most certainly not broken, Anonymous. He is mine. A personal experiment that became something unique."
>You being mentally recording as she speaks.
>If you make it out of this, Celestia's going to need this info.
>"You see, a few decades ago, I realized that simply feeding on the energy of love and happiness left much to be desired. It sustained and strengthened us, but there was still so much potential left behind. So many undigested emotions. So, I took a newly hatched Changeling and I began to feed it anger. Sadness. Fear, jealousy, anything that my soldiers couldn't stomach. For the longest time, I thought the poor thing would simply die. It didn't seem to be growing at all, until one day it happened. The little thing molted, and with a single burst of growth, it became this."
>Chrysalis lifts a pebble from the ground, tossing it up toward the freak's head.
>Without batting an eye, it's horn sparks and the pebble is blasted into dust.
>"Perfectly adept at magic, immensely strong, the ideal warrior. He is my Gladiator."
>Chrysalis lifts your head to hers with one hoof.
>"And you, Anon, with your biting insults and thinly veiled pride...you will be the one responsible for bringing about my first squadron of Gladiators."
>Without another word, the four Changelings reach under their bellies, each removing one egg from a small strap sack.
>>
>>27483660
>You glance over at the dozens of stains on the wall, all green, some still glowing.
Anon's jizz is green?
>>
File: image.gif (976 KB, 450x253) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
976 KB, 450x253
>>27483990
I was hoping that nobody would think that. Changeling blood, man.
>>
>>27484007
Yeah, you probably could have made that a bit clearer. Given that this is Anon in Equestria, my mind went to lewd when there was a lack of information.
>>
>>27484027
Fair enough. Glad to see there's at least one person reading.

"How about no."
>With a quick leap to your feet, you rush toward the nearest Changeling, intent on shattering the egg, but before you can make a move, a wall of black slams into you, forcing you into the ground.
>It's the Gladiator, pinning your shoulders with force you wouldn't have thought possible for such a small creature.
>One of the Changelings approaches your head, holding an egg just over you.
>Slime drips from it, reminding you of where it's probably been recently, and reinforcing your already strong desire to kill it with fire.
>Just as the egg gets about a foot from your face, you drive one knee straight up, throwing the Gladiator forward and forcing the tip of his horn through the egg, impaling whatever was inside.
>The Gladiator screams, tearing the shell open and shaking it's head madly, like a feral dog.
>You roll to your feet, passing a few intimidating looks at the other Changelings as you go.
>"Anon, I don't think you understand how this is going to work."
>Damn, Chrysalis. You'd forgotten her in the hustle, and she was right behind you again.
>Your attention is diverted again, however, as the Gladiator calms down, steps over to the now shattered egg, and begins to lap up the embryonic fluid, eventually grabbing ahold of the insect-like fetus and slurping it down like a yolk.
"Sweet honking ass bandits...what the hell did you do to this thing?"
>Chrysalis steps around in front of you, grinning.
>"Changelings are inherently negative. We feed on positive energy to counterbalance. When the need for balance is removed, perfection is realized."
"Lady, if that thing is your idea of perfection, you need Jesus. And a psychiatrist. Probably both."
>She laughs, running a hand through the Gladiator's ragged mane.
>"Eventually, Anon, you will break. Either to my friend here, or to the eggs. It's your choice as to how, but it will happen."
>You sneer, clenching your fists.
>>
Going to bed, hopefully thread will stay bumped.
>>
Boomp
>>
>>27484128
seems interesting so far. Do continue please
>>
>>27483468
poison, stomach ache, no nutritional value. for veriety in their diet, they probably suppliment with occasional physical food.
>>
>>27483468
>that pic

Chrissy always knew the spawn she created from anon was a bit different
>>
>>27484128
I am interested please continue
>>
>>27484128
>running a hand through the Gladiator's ragged mane.
>Chrysalis
o-ok
>>
>>27485167
Son of a-
You know, writing a novel about a heist gets you really used to talking about hands. Apologies.
More green inbound.
>>
>>27485837
I love you but I hate you but I love you more
>>
>>27484960
we need green of this or a prompt
>>
>>27485972
As Chrissy stares at her least spawn knawing on a tree trunk realizes she may have made a mistake breeding with anon. This horror forms on her face as she realizes there's another 2000 eggs at the hive
>>
>>27484128
>It has been a full night since you met with the Gladiator, but this time you didn't sleep.
>As such, you've remained in the same room.
>Having stayed awake for twenty-four hours is beginning to take its toll on you, but just as your eyes begin to droop, a new set of Changelings walks through the wall, this time accompanied only by the Gladiator.
"Back for round 2, huh? Fine by me."
>You step to your feet and fall into a fighting stance, but before you even make a move, an invisible force grabs your shoulders, slamming you into the rock wall and holding you there.
>The magic, of course.
>You aren't given much time to think about that, however, as the first Changeling is already hovering over to you with the egg in its hooves.
>One chance to stop this one is all you'll get.
>As the insect gets within six feet, you press both feet against the wall behind you and push out, kicking high and smashing your foot into the egg, forcing it to explode all over the ceiling.
>The magic grip on you falters, and you rush forward, grabbing the soldier with the egg in a clothesline and rushing the Gladiator.
>With a single, swift motion, you slam the soldier down, impaling him on the Gladiator's horn and jerking to the side, grinning as you hear the satisfying sound of the Gladiator's neck cracking.
>>
>>27486019
>You take a step back, your lungs heaving for a moment as you watch, waiting for the Gladiator to fall.
>Unfortunately, it doesn't.
>With another crack, the Gladiator snaps its head back into place, giving itself a quick shake and throwing the impaled Changeling soldier off its horn.
>It bends down, grabbing the head of the smaller creature and taking it all in, the chitinous jaw unhinging to accommodate all of the meal.
>You watch in horror as the entire soldier is devoured in a single bite, and then the Gladiator turns to you.
"What the hell are you?"
>It takes a deep, rattling breath, and its mouth falls open.
>"I am the warrior of Chrysalis. I live to do her bidding. Her will is to spawn more like me. You...you will help Chrysalis."
>The sickening creature's wings unfurl, beating rapidly and lifting him up slowly to the ceiling, where he begins to devour the remains of the egg.
>After another horrible moment, the Gladiator falls to the ground again, turning to you.
>"Every blow you deal in hatred is mine. Any creature you kill with anger in your heart is my sustenance. The fear and disgust you have for me is my lifeblood. Hate me, Anon. Chrysalis has shown me the way. Hate me, so that you may become part of me."
>>
>>27483511
But apparently they can't feed on despair.
>>
File: CoCoGifGif.gif (13 KB, 206x206) Image search: [Google]
CoCoGifGif.gif
13 KB, 206x206
page 8 boop Ill get some random pic here
>>
>>27486465
+1 unique poster who likes this story
>>
>>27486465
Sith changeling when?
>>
>>27483511
One could possibly imagine that the emotions have 'flavors' to them, and love is simply preferred.

Also, harvesting love is likely the safest and easiest for a changeling. Sure, they could terrorize ponies and feed off fear, or annoy them and feed off anger. The problem with that would be that fear and anger tend to lead to retaliation or avoidance. Obviously, that wouldn't serve the changelings any good.
By nurturing and cultivating positive emotions, love especially, the changelings would be able to gather a lot more emotion, simply because the ponies would want to spend more time with their 'loved ones'.

One could also argue that love is simply the most efficient emotion, containing more energy per unit of emotion
Because friendship is magic and love always wins cliches
>>
>>27486465
>You watch cautiously as the Gladiator retreats with his entourage, and as soon as the wall stops glowing, you collapse, falling back onto the floor and scooting up against the wall.
>They're playing with you, waiting until sleep deprivation puts you out of commission.
>Then they'll try to farm the life right out of you to make more of those...things.
>With a grin, you look around and prepare a plan.
"I got your number, Chrysalis. Let's see how your Gladiator does against this."
>You stand up, reaching down the front of your pants and grabbing ahold of the Changeling wing lace padding your crotch.
>Once you've collected it all, you set to work, rolling each wing into a tube and tying them together into a makeshift rope, strong enough to you at least two of you.
>Next, you lean down, grabbing your left shoe and taking it off.
>With a bit of muscular application, the tongue of the shoe tears out, fitting around the rope almost perfectly.
>Finally, you remove your shirt, making your way over to one of the massive stalagmites and eyeing each side of it.
"Now for the hard part."
>A small pile of pebbles and rocks is on each little shelf in the rock, and a flattened one is perfect for the job.
>After saying a quick goodbye to the tips of your fingers, you set to work, striking the rock at an angle on the side of the rock spire, over and over and over again.

So, who can guess what our hero is up to?
>>
>>27491665
Is he gonna hang himself?
>>
>>27490391
Seems silly that Chryssy wanted to take over Equestria, because in so doing she would slowly drive ponies into misery, reducing their love output which would starve her and her brood of it.
>>
>>27492217
Not quite.

>You crouch down in the corner of the cave, your gear spread out before you.
>By your count, it has been eight hours, more than enough time for the Changelings to regather themselves and come in for another try.
>This time, though, you're ready for them.
>Sure enough, the wall begins to shimmer, right on time, and a small procession of eight Changelings, four of which are carrying eggs, steps through, followed by the Gladiator.
>You steel yourself, and with one deep breath, grab the rope you've fashioned, whip it around, and leap into the fray, grabbing one of the soldiers and jamming the tongue of your shoe, tied into the middle of the rope, into his mouth.
>As the rest of the group begins to react, you draw the sliver of stone you chipped from the stalagmite, now wrapped in your shirt, and smack it onto the Changeling's rump.
>Insect though it may be, instinct takes over and the soldier begins dashing forward, its direction changing jerkily as you tug on the makeshift bit.
>The Gladiator narrows its eyes, but just as you see its horn begin to spark, the soldier you're riding turns fully, giving you just enough time to toss your makeshift riding crop and distract the larger Changeling.
>As the shimmer begins to disappear from the wall, you leap forward off your mount, diving through just as the spell wears off.
>A quick moment is spent brushing the gravel out of your chest from the skid, and then you rush down the cave, sticking now to the right wall and watching around each corner.
>>
>>27491665
Oohh is he gonna make a weapon?
>>
>>27492320
this is getting intensive
>>
so is this hatred changling like that fucking thing in the end of Dead Space that you cant kill, only slow down? I hated that fucking thing.
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 425x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 425x405
>>27486003
/mlp/ as changelings.
>>
Bumping before I post more green.
>>
>>27493578
That's a decent comparison, but not perfect. I don't generally plan my greentexts, but I know how this one is going to end.

>It takes almost fifteen minutes of this creeping before you come across another path leading up or down, and in that time, you don't run across a single soldier.
>You begin to question whether or not you're being played with, but just at that moment, you turn a corner and see the entrance to the caverns.
>With a final sprint, you burst out, shielding your eyes from the now unfamiliar sunlight.
>As you begin to regain your sight, your spirits begin to fall just as fast.
>On the horizon, Canterlot is barely visible on the side of the mountain, which is little more than a bump from this distance.
>Of course, nothing comes easily.
>You take a moment to think, trying to find the silver lining, and then it appears, humorously enough, in the form of a cloud.
>A small white nimbus cloud housing a pegasus who glances from his resting place down to you.
>"Hello there?"
"Aw, sweet! Hey, could I talk you into coming down here? I know it's weird, but I have a favor to ask."
>Warily, the pegasus climbs off of his cloud and hovers down, one eyebrow raised.
>"Whatcha need?"
"I need a way to Canterlot, ASAP. There's fixing to be some next-level apocalypse stuff going on over there, and they don't know it's coming."
>"Wait...didn't you hear? Where have you been?"
"What? Come on, what?"
>"Canterlot fell to Changelings two days ago. Celestia, Luna, and a few citizens made it to Everfree, everyone else...I don't want to know."
>>
>>27494951
>You take a moment to mentally accommodate what has just been said.
"Wait..Canterlot has fallen?"
>"That's what I said. Upside, the Changelings haven't spread from there yet, but I don't know how long they'll be satisfied.
"Of course not. Chrysalis wants more Gladiators before she tries to take the Princesses directly."
>"What are you talking about?"
>You shake from your reverie and quickly reform your plan.
"Where's the closest entrance to the Everfree Forest?"
>He points a hoof straight north.
>"The other side of Appleoosa, if I recall correctly."
"You know of any way for me to get there fast? I can make it worth your while."
>"Hold on a second. I thought it might end up like this."
>He hovers upward, grabbing a long wooden sled and whistling.
>From out of nowhere, two more pegasi fall to the ground and begin attaching themselves to the sled.
>"You better hold on."
>Instinctively, you latch onto the sides of the sled, and as soon as their wings unfurl, you're off.
>>
>>27495376
>>27494951
10 to 1 those are just changelings guarding the entrance to the hive
>>
bugbump
>>
I haven't been here in quite a while. Has Bug Bite been updated past anon being dragged away after being beaten up?
>>
>>27497637

See the other /bug/ thread:
>>27462519
>>
>>27497637
And no, it hasn't
>>
File: 1432566388649.jpg (458 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
1432566388649.jpg
458 KB, 700x700
>Be Anon, and like any other day you decided to take a walk.
>After all it was a nice day, sun was shining, not a cloud in the sky, the temperature was just right.
>Birds flying overhead, the cicadas makin… that’s not a cicada.
>Up ahead you saw what looked like a pony, but more bug like attached to a tree.
>It was making a noise much like the cicadas do back home.
>Its head turned and looked at you.
>Its eyes narrowing it made more angry bug-horse noises.
>Yeah you’ll keep walking, and purge what you saw today from memory.
>Fucking ponies.
>>
>>27483468

Love, happiness and positive emotions are consistently shown to be the strongest, "most magical" emotions in FiM.

If they even can feed on other emotions, they would probably wither and die.
>>
>>27492303

Would she?
Short-term, there would obviously be a lot of pain and suffering, but from what little canon information we have on her, she's not a bad ruler as far as rulers go. Long and even medium term, most ponies would be unaffected by a change in leadership, at least directly.

Her minions don't bow to her, and she talks to them as if they were equals or close friends, which is more than can be said for Celestia.
She also has that really strong line, "as queen of the changelings, it is up to me to find food for my subjects", it's her duty to serve the hive, not the hive's duty to serve her.
>>
>calling all bughorse lovers and analytical thinkers
>thread is spammed with the same old AiE-shit regardless

You fuckers already have your general, why must you infest EVERY cheeselegs thread?
>>
>>27498169
>same old AiE
>no love story
>no lewd
>no bodyguard
>no slice of life bs
>a legitimate idea as to what this might do to a Changeling
What are you complaining about?
>>
>>27483468
I've seen this idea thrown around a lot. Used to think it would be toxic to them, but according to >>27483511 it's just a different food source.

>>27498164
I think you're right--she's definitely not like Sombra. Ruthless leader, maybe, but a leader of predators has to be.

Somewhat offtopic but I'm curious: do you guys think we could ever see a pony-changeling alliance? They seem to be the answer to many of each others' problems. Maybe one day they'll be symbiotes instead of parasites?
>>
File: image.png (225 KB, 500x357) Image search: [Google]
image.png
225 KB, 500x357
Alright, more green is inbound. Sorry, lads, my internet is flying off the handle right now.
>>
File: 526.jpg (68 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
526.jpg
68 KB, 680x680
>>27499998
>a pony-changeling alliance?

That would be pretty amazing, although I doubt it would ever happen I can still dream though.... The shit would really have to hit the fan for those two groups to work together.
>>
>>27499998
>pony-changeling alliance?
Not under Celestia, I find that very hard to believe.

Maybe in a NMM scenario, or if Luna gets a say in Equestrian politics, but not with Celestia at the helm.

Chrysalis herself might be quite opposed to the idea as well, she seems disgusted by the ponies and their behavior in the first half of the episode. But who knows, she was willing to lead the charge and fight a battle against Celestia she was certain she'd lose, all for the good of the hive, so she's certainly willing to make sacrifices.
>>
>>27500366
>>27501031
Despite their racism (or perhaps it's more xenophobia), ponies seem to be genuinely benevolent beings, averse to the needless suffering of others once they recognize their personhood (ponyhood?). Take Ponyville's eventual acceptance of Spike, Zecora, and even that one changeling at the wedding. Sure, the kids were scared, but no one was attacking it or anything.

I think integration, while difficult, wouldn't be impossible. We've already established that the Crystal Heart radiates immense amounts of physical happiness and joy. Just send the collectors out to gather surplus love from Crystallings.

The ponies obviously get something out of this too: the best spy network in the world. If you take books as canon, Celestia has an intelligence agency/secret police called S.M.I.L.E. who are having trouble tracking down changelings. With the changelings on their side, they'd be able conduct espionage against every other country much more efficiently.

Also, think of what civilians could do with them. The tabloids would be able to get shocking pics that would make Gabby Gums blush. Twilight fucking Dash senseless? Easy with two changelings.

TL;DR: changelings get food and a new home, ponies get spy network and top-notch porn
>>
File: rps20160529_102651.jpg (348 KB, 2560x2560) Image search: [Google]
rps20160529_102651.jpg
348 KB, 2560x2560
>>27493872
so lots of autistic changelings screaming about chickun tendies
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.