[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>It's a Starlight Glimmer episode
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mlp/ - My Little Pony

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: 1457218414.png (641 KB, 1280x735) Image search: [Google]
1457218414.png
641 KB, 1280x735
>It's a Starlight Glimmer episode
>>
>>27477406

I'm having fewer and fewer issues with this honestly. Starlight has been a pretty solid addition, and while it had been a bit forced. She hasn't been a negative addition to the group, she has her issues, but it's not a pain in the ass to learn the same lesson ten times in a row, such as fluttershy episodes. not that i hate fluttershy, but i do wish that she would learn to be less of a push over and not have it revert.
>>
File: 1462636132030.jpg (8 KB, 180x157) Image search: [Google]
1462636132030.jpg
8 KB, 180x157
>>27477406
>>27477463
>redemption arc of Discord
>personality of Sunset Shimmer
>Twilight's look

How were they managed to crewate such a bland and uninspiried character? Not a single fraction of her character is either original or interesting.
>>
>>27477477
She wasn't reformed because of the same reasons as Discord
She don't have the personality of any other characters on the main show.
She have kind of a twilight look, but again, not an Alicorn!

I think she is not quite as bad as you think.
And she have a complete backstory. Not something any of the other characters have.

She was the most though of baddies of the show.

I don't know why all that hate...
Yes her being reformed wasn't well put together at first. Very rushed.

But we can easily guess her motivations.
>>
>>27477508
She was retarded in S05 finale with her idiotic reasoing

She became dull and apologetic in S06 premiere.

She was boring and acting like Sunset Shimmer from Rainbow Rocks in the Trixie episode, episode focused on developing Trixie rather than Starlight at all.

Her Christmas episode was hardly an episode and she was forced there and completely unnecessary.

Spike used to trag the seasons down, but now Starihgt is the worst major character in FiM. I hope she take the role Gilda and Zecora and dissappear from the episodes after S6 finale.
>>
Starlight is worst pony
>>
>>27477537
>>27477774
These guys get it. Starlight is currently the worst thing in the series.
>>
>>27477508
>She wasn't reformed because of the same reasons as Discord
Still reformed.

>She don't have the personality of any other characters on the main show.
Nope. Pretty much Sunset.

>She have kind of a twilight look, but again, not an Alicorn!
wat

>And she have a complete backstory. Not something any of the other characters have.
waaaaat

>She was the most though of baddies of the show.
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

>But we can easily guess her motivations.
Her motivation is to be Twilight's bitch. There's really nothing to guess.
>>
>>27477809
Please explain why?
I always found her episodes to be quite enjoyable.

I'm legitimately curious.
>>
>>27477819
>She don't have the personality of any other characters on the main show.
>Nope. Pretty much Sunset.

> implying EQG is part of "the main show"...
>>
>>27477832
A rose by any other name would smell just the same.

I don't give a shit about continuity at this point. Bad writing is bad writing.
>>
>>27477822
Everyone else has already gone into detail a thousand times over why everywhere else. If you still don't get why people don't like her, you never will.

But so I'm not leaving you with nothing, the basic overall of it is that she is nothing more than a fragment of her former self, and even worse than Sunset, because at least Sunset isn't obsessed with Twilight to a point where she ignores everyone else.

>>27477832
Not him, but that's retarded. EQG is still part of MLP, and it'd be just as bad as if they created a clone of any other EQG character in the series, like if they made villains exactly like the Dazzlings in the show. That wouldn't be good. This attitude of "I just want to ignore EQG because it triggers me" is ridiculous.
>>
>>27477853
I'm not ignoring EQG, but just saying that they can't make Sunset a character on the main show...

I must rephrase my question.
I wasn't really asking what triggers you with Starlight. I actually know it too well.

I'm asking why are some of you dreading her appearances that much?

I personally don't think her as annoying at all.

I'm rolling with it!
I would have preferred her to be different, but I'm not here to complain about what could have been, but what I'm getting.
>>
>>27477819
>personality of sunset
Hey guy I have my own theory, SS was planned go back to equestria to turn herself as the mane 7, but something happened I don't what exactly, but that causes all the events with SG, she was created to occupy sunset's place since before she's first appearance, so basically SS and SG are the same character, fuck even the name is pretty close the same
Sorry if have bad English
>>
>>27477406
I actually like Starlight. I was worried that she wouldn't fit in with the rest, but she's managing really well right now. Could use some more development, but I think she's at least interesting.

Besides, without her around, Twilight would have nothing else to really do.
>>
>>27477979
What is interesting in Starlight? She doesn't even have any unique theme to her (like dresses/fashion of Rarity or animals/Discord/shyness of Fluttershy)
>>
>>27477508
>She have kind of a twilight look, but again, not an Alicorn!
Twifags irreversibly rekt. How will they recover?
>>
File: 36346346.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
36346346.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
>>27477406
Pic related is is pretty much the Starlight character in this season. Her clone with similar focus on magic, wisdom and friendship.
>>
>>27478002
Sure she does. She's trigger happy with her magic and there's still a lot we don't really know about her. She still has moments where she uses her magic to get ponies to do what she wants evident of how she used to be and I honestly find her more refreshing than Twilicorn since I feel she's a fresh perspective moving forward with someone I can sort of relate to. I also really like the Student-Teacher dynamic they're sharing because it shows Twi's progression and struggles taking on the role of teacher. I like that she doesn't really understand friendship that well that she's unlearning. Since Twi is now sort of a paragon of friendship it opens up some opportunities for new stories imo. But I really doubt any argument I make however, is going to change the minds of ardent Starlight haters
>>
>>27477774
this
>>
File: uncle.png (109 KB, 522x700) Image search: [Google]
uncle.png
109 KB, 522x700
>>27477508
>Being this much of a Haberfag
>>
I wouldn't worry too much about it. Starlight isn't looking to be a new mane character, she's more like discord, a secondary character who's going to be kicked into the background after this season.

Notice how she's NEVER in any of the mane six episodes? She wasn't in the last episode, and she hasn't been in any Non-twilight episodes, like how Discord appeared with Twilight in S4.

Sunset was always with the mane six in rainbow rocks interaction with them, not just twilight, she was clearly being added to the group. Starlight is a prop for twilight.

Relax guys, she's going to be booted to Zecora status after this season.
>>
>>27479206
You're a cretin if you found this interesting. She sound like a leftover of Sunset and Twilight character just from your description.
Stop shilling shitty character. You might as well praise Flash Sentry since even he is more original.
>>
File: 1413773582199.gif (495 KB, 194x265) Image search: [Google]
1413773582199.gif
495 KB, 194x265
>It's a Merriweather Williams episode
>>
>>27477809
>worst
That's not how you spell "best".
>>
>>27484051
> comparing Starlight with the empty shell that is flash...
Lost all credibility...
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.