[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HOLY SHIT IT'S THRAWN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /m/ - Mecha

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: thrawn.png (153 KB, 220x299) Image search: [Google]
thrawn.png
153 KB, 220x299
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmXp802sFgQ

THRAWWWWWN
>>
>>14503233
>More Hondo
Aww yeah.
Though Aladdin looks like a dweeb now.
>>
>>14503233
i really want to see Ezra fall to the dark side or at least become a grey Jedi.
>>
>>14503255
It would make sense from a canon standpoint. Luke certainly didn't find any Jedi with the Rebels when he joined.
>>
>>14503233
THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN THRAWN
>>
>>14503233
Thrawn, cortosis blades, Outrider and shadowtrooper project, Wedge and oh my.
>>
>>14503233

I have the biggest grin on my face.

Literally my only complaint is that Thrawn has pupils since Chiss eyes are supposed to be just solid red.
>>
Thrawn! His voice isn't too bad, either. And were those fucking Darktroopers?
>>
>>14503233
Can someone explain me why Maul is alive after Fantom Menace?
>>
>>14503338
Turns out legs are just for show.
>>
>>14503338
>Pure Dark Side hatred kept him alive, but insane
>His brother finally tracked him down, took him to Dathomir
>Nightsisters restored his sanity, built him new legs
>Took his brother to get revenge on Sidious for abandoning and betraying him and Kenobi for bisecting him
>>
>>14503233
So this is a timeskip right, one or two years or so?

Also Kanan your beard look awesome.
>>
>>14503338

he dropped into a garbage chute, used force, hate, and garbage to build himself recycled spider legs to escape.
>>
>>14503338
His butthurt keeps him alive.
>>
>>14503378
Literally.
>>
>>14503378

technically he no longer has butthurt. Just phantom buttgurt
>>
>>14503233
>really Thrawn and not a different Chiss
>good voice
>MUH ART
That'll do, mouse. That'll do.
>>
>>14503388
STANDING ON THE EEEEEEEDGE.
>>
>>14503393

> MUH ART

That was always the dumbest part of his character. It couldn't just be that he was a classy guy and liked art, even of his enemies or anything. No, he had to be able to read an entire species from some art.

Oh well, I'm not a huge fan of him anyways. Kanan and Ezra both look dumb now. I'm not a fan of the forehead mask Kanan has or Ezra's buzzcut. It makes him look less evil/kind of evil and more just plain. Stealing the Y-Wings, Wedge having a minor role, mentions of Bendu and what not could be cool though.
>>
Thawn is canon again?
>>
>>14503364
And then sheev shiv'd his brother with a moonwalk
>>
File: Rx24.jpg (75 KB, 357x361) Image search: [Google]
Rx24.jpg
75 KB, 357x361
>>14503419
More canon than he used to be, even
>>
Literally who
>>
>>14503427
Main villain of a series of novels by Timothy Zahn. The same novels that, until now, was relegated to Lucas canon only.
>>
>>14503422
>doesn't know how the pre-Disney canon hierarchy works
>>
>>14503338
Season 3 introduces Savage, Maul's younger but crazier brother Savage becomes Ventress' secret apprentice after she gets cast out by Dooku because Sidious was starting to notice she was getting too powerful. So Nightmother Talzin and Ventress hold a contest where the last standing Dathomirian Male becomes her lover and her apprentice, then he's brainwashed and sent to Dooku to learn the ways of the dark side of the Force and become his second Sith apprentice. Long story short, after learning enough skills and training under Dooku; Ventress makes her return and the two tag team Dooku until Savage's predictably unpredictable and blind rage makes him turn on Ventress as well as Dooku. He fights off Anakin and Obi-Wan and escapes the war to return to his home world before being told that Maul is actually in fact, still alive. Some people accept this at face value, others didn't. But there's precedent with Darth Sion and Maw who have similar feats of living on or becoming semi immortal. In the case of Sion, his body is a literal rotting corpse only animated by his hatred and held together thanks to his control of the dark side, and in Maw's case he didn't just lose his legs, he was bisected at the waist by Rahn yet again his hatred keeps him alive. So Maul's hate keeps him alive and at some unknown point Talzin recovers him and puts him on another world to safeguard him from the Sith and Jedi. He goes insane until Savage finds him, brings him back, and Talzin gives him new legs and fixes his mind.

Maul becomes more powerful and basically from season 4 beats up Obi-Wan almost every single time they fight until he takes over Mandalore and kills Obi-Wan's ex-lover, Satine, to further make him despair. Maul however miscalculates and this draws Sidious direct attention who goes to Mandalore and kills Savage and captures Maul.
>>
>>14503233
Now give Kyle Katarn back to.
>>
>>14503435
>The same novels that, until now
No those are still non-canon. There's a new canon Thrawn book by Zahn coming out though.
>>
>>14503477
>Satine
I see what they did there
>>
>>14503477
*Season 3 in the Clone Wars CGI series

Anyway after season 5's ending with Maul's defeat and capture a bunch of unresolved plot lines remain with Maul since Disney's acquisition and cancelling of TCW. But we do get a new canon comic mini-series called Sons of Dathomir in which shows Maul is held by Sidious and Dooku. Dooku is in charge of torturing Maul for information but Maul can withstand his power since Dooku is nothing compare to Sidious when it comes to Sith power levels here.

Some of the Deathwatch break out Maul and escape with Dooku and Grievous giving chase while Maul assembles a combined Deathwatch, Pyke, and Dathomir ad hoc force to fight them on the planet he's at. Battle ends with Grievous being unable to defeat Maul, Dooku captured, and then Mother Talzin showing up after her defeat in season 6. Talzin possesses Dooku to regain her power and physical form, Sidious arrives to fight her, and Maul TKs Girevous out of a window once again proving his superiority isn't just over Obi-Wan or Savage but Grievous as well. Talzin stalemates Sidious in a duel even when Dooku and Maul lend their aid but she realizes if she attempts to flee and lower her defenses, Maul will die so she sacrifices herself to hold out so Maul and the rest can escape and Grievous kills her as she's struggling to hold back Dooku and Sidious's combined Force lightning.

Then we get to Rebels.

>>14503485
Did you not see the trailer for the new spin off Star Wars movie? The main white Rebel dude and female protagonist are basically rebooted Kyle and Jans.

>>14503491
Its non-canon to Disney continuity. Its still canon in the pre-rebooted Lucas Arts canon. And yes I know that's a mouthful.
>>
>>14503491
There's two canons in Star Wars at this point. The main and current one is basically the Disney reboot universe of Star Wars, like the Earth-616 of Marvel. The old universe which is Lucas Arts own one, is like Ultimate Earth in the Ultimate universe.

Doesn't really matter, because several authors like Luceno have made blatant references to "older non-Disney canon" works in the current Disney canon like Luceno did multiple times to his Darth Plagueis novel in Tarkin.
>>
>>14503499
>>14503503
That still doesn't make then canon to anything but Legends though. If you read the anon I quoted he said
>The same novels that, until now, was relegated to Lucas canon only.
The old Thrawn novels are not canon to Disney in any way at all. Just the character is.
>>
>>14503510
I didn't say the novels and I'm not the same anon, I am saying where authors directly reference, quote, or whatever previous canon works into the current Disney canon, then its canon.

That simple.
>>
>>14503485
It'd be as easy as having a Stormtrooper remove his helmet and ta-da, it's Kyle Katarn.
>>
>>14503510
Which makes some things funny, when you think about it. In the Legends/LucasArts canon, Republic Commando introduced Delta Squad, and they cameo'd in the Clone Wars series as a shoutout. But in the new Disney canon, the Clone Wars series is canon, but Republic Commando isn't. So Delta Squad did exist, but they never lost Sev on Kashyyyk, unless something specifically comes out and says that the events of Republic Commando did happen.

So it's very possible for Thrawn to die in Rebels, as unlikely as that seems.
>>
>>14503542
Its unlikely to happen though, Thrawn is one of the most well known EU characters besides Mara Jade or Clone Palpatine. I don't see Filoni killing him off.

Like I rate Thrawn being killed off as a 1/10 sort of thing, in terms of probability. He just has too much he can add to the universe for Filoni to bother with something as wasteful as that.
>>
>>14503499
>rebooted Kyle and Jans.

I don't want that I want Kyle and Jans.
>>
>>14503542
>>14503550
Thrawn is too marketable for them to toss out that quickly. They've realized that. It's the reason why he's the big reveal in this trailer.
>>
>>14503556
People tried to sell me on Kanan being a reboot Kyle too. He's not.

Seriously all they need to do is what >>14503520 said and I'd be happy.
>>
>>14503550
They were happy enough to kill him off at the end of his own trilogy. And later, Mara Jade.
>>
>>14503233
>red stripe TIE
Baron Fel?!
>>
>>14503572
>They
Whose they? You mean Zahn, that's completely different. And every single Zahn novel continues a sub-story that is focused around Thrawn's origins and history. From Outbound Flight to the Hand of Thrawn Duology and even references in Choices of One.

Even merchandise wise, games with Thrawn did extremely well. Did you not grow up playing Tie-Fighter in the early 90s? Thrawn is such an integral part of EU and Star Wars, even his toys constantly sold high.

Nah dude, he'll eventually die off but it won't be in Rebels. I'm almost certain of it. He's not some one season arc villain to throw away like >>14503558
>>14503550
themselves have said.
>>
File: 1394659651196.jpg (128 KB, 565x860) Image search: [Google]
1394659651196.jpg
128 KB, 565x860
>>14503592
Here's hoping.
>>
>>14503572
I don't think they had any concept of how popular Thrawn was going to become when Zahn was writing those novels though. I think they'll keep him around just in case.

Mara Jade was killed off in NJO which was the turning point when Star Wars novels turned from fun adventures into kill'em all angst.
>>
>>14503572
>And later, Mara Jade.
I'll never forgive Karen Traviss for this (and I liked her RC books).
>>
>>14503597
I knew Thrawn from TIE Fighter before I started reading any of the novels. That game is still awesome today. I'd say they should make an HD remake but they'd fuck it up somehow.
>>
>>14503608
Karen "Jedi are stupid Mandalorians are best" Traviss.

I hate her so much.
>>
>>14503607
Actually that was Legacy of the Force. NJO had the right balance of grimdark and fun, in my opinion (favorite example: Lando building shit-talking robots that yell "your god a shit" when charging into battle)
>>
>>14503608
Forgive my ignorance but what does Mandalorian-whiner have to do with Mara Jade?
>>
>>14503607
>Mara Jade was killed off in NJO
Except she wasn't. She was killed off in the Legacy era in the Legacy of the Force novels by Karen Traviss. You know, the lady whose so batshit insane that anyone who criticizes her bullshit low ball numbers about the size of the Clone Army, her Mandalorian wankery, and her general bad writing she calls them the equivalent to Star Wars' taliban.

Mara was killed off in Sacrifice by Caedus, and it was one of the dumbest fight scenes for two Force-Users trained in its powers could have. She butchered Caedus' character, and she butchered Mara's character even more.

Remember this is the bitch who had Luke inexplicitly thinking in Mandalorian and adding the equivalent to Klingon speak bullshit to the Star Wars universe. People went ape shit over how bad Sacrifice's death scene and final fight for Mara was.
>>
>>14503621
Are her Halo books any good?
>>
>>14503629
See >>14503631
>>
>>14503633
I don't know, I'm not a Halo fan. I mean honestly she's not a bad writer but Star Wars was not the right series for her. She very obviously wasn't into the fantastical elements.

So her Halo stuff may be great for all I know.
>>
>>14503631
>She butchered Caedus' character
To be fair he was already butchered in the Dark Nest Trilogy before that. They really should have stopped after NJO.
>>
>>14503629
Because Karen Traviss is obsessed with Mandalorians. Her OC Omega Squad in the Repulic Commandos novels are another bookmark of her favoritism and bias in the universe mixing up the setting and basically showing how MANDALORIANS DIDN'T DU NUFFIN wrong.

Also she tosses it in by having several of the Clones instructors for the Commandos and Alpha + Null class Arc Commandos be former Mandalorians who touch them Mandalorian culture, give them Mandalorian nick names, and also are a mouthpiece for her to attack Jedi and Sith.

Also KT is so stupid she doesn't know the difference between Sith and Dark Jedi. And she tried to create a bullshit Order #65 where the Clones would go coup against Sidious. Yes, the Clone Troopers which was the secret project that Dooku and Sifo-Dioyas started under Sidious' orders have a backup plan against Sidious.

That's how awful her writing is.

And after the first two RC books, the series gets progressively worse. There's a point in one of them where one of the main character, one of the Null ARCs, murders a Republic treaurey agent in cold blood and basically hand waves the morality breaking action by saying "HE WOULD'VE TOLD ON US AND THATS BAD!".

So to put it to a point:

>first two RC novels are good
>every single one after them get progressive SEED-Destiny tier bad in every way possible
>she invented her own original characters who can do literally NOTHING WRONG and are perfect in every way with the world against them because their poor little Mandalorian culture loving Clones
>JEDI ARE AS BAD AS SITH
>ONLY 3 MILLION CLONES!!!!!
>Killed off Mara Jade
>Killed off Mara Jade in the dumbest way possible
>Also thinks Boba Fett is a Jedi Killer (has never killed a single Jedi in the old canon even with EU factoring in it)
>Thinks Boba Fett is better suited to teach Jaina Solo how to beat a fucking Sith Lord then SAY FUCKING GRAND MASTER LUKE MOTHER FUCKING SKYWALKER

She's LITERALLY Morosawa Fukuda of Star Wars.

>>14503633
No.
>>
>>14503647
>touch
*teach
>treaurey
treasury
>>
>>14503631
Apologies, my memory was fuzzy on what happened when.
>>
>>14503638

The only thing I've ever heard about her Halo work is that she seems to have picked out one of people who worked on the Spartan project to be the major villain, despite no-one really minding her prior to that point. Halsey I think. She seems to really misunderstand every franchise and think she has to educate everyone about what's really great. She comes across to me as an outcast at school who is taking it out by making cliques in all her franchise work that's better than the established one. Does she have a really dedicated fan base or something to say she gets a lot of hate but always seems to have work on some franchise?
>>
>bring in Thrawn just because so many people bring him up when bad guy of Rogue One is revealed
>don't actually make anything else from Zahn canon
>>
>>14503645
>They really should have stopped after NJO.

The fact that they didn't stop is honestly why I didn't give a crap when the whole thing got retconned.

So if they bring back some of the cool stuff like Thrawn while destroying all of the crap that TFA erased I'm fine with that.
>>
>>14503654
>>14503638
>>14503633
She completely butchered Dr. Halsey's character in every single way possible. What do you think that leads to as a conclusion? Hell she does the same shit she did in Star Wars and Halo in GoW!

Do you guys remember how GoW 3 felt so weird? Its because KT headed the script for it.
>>
>>14503660
>TFA apologist
Go away.
>>
>>14503477
>Season 3 introduces Savage, Maul's younger but crazier brother

Stopped reading there. I'm no longer interested in this show.
>>
>>14503671
Your loss, mid-way season 2 and onwards is when TCW actually gets good.
>>
>>14503665
I didn't love the movie itself. If I'm being an apologist it's of the retcon.
>>
>>14503663

GoW never had much going for it as a sci-fi prints from what little I recall of the first game anyway. What did she do to destroy it?
>>
>>14503654
I enjoy her writing when it's reined in and there's an actual plot to follow (i.e. the first Republic Commando book). If left to her own devices she often gets bogged down by fellating her characters' cocks/clits for chapters on end.
>>
>>14503671
Clone Wars is pretty hit and miss. When it's good its fucking great. When it's not it's prequel trilogy level painful.
>>
>>14503678
>What did she do to destroy it?
Add more plot holes then a John Deer tractor can cover up. But its been years since I played GoW 3 so my memory is hazy.

But its the weakest and worst entry and she had some direct control over how certain events in the story played out.
>>
>>14503685
That only says so about the first two seasons and any Jar Jar episode. Otherwise it solidly builds steam, development, and progression once Cad Bane shows up.
>>
File: clonewars-adi.webm (2 MB, 1180x500) Image search: [Google]
clonewars-adi.webm
2 MB, 1180x500
>>14503675
Very much this.
>>
>>14503665
Not him but TFA had the potential to be more than a ANH rehash, that potential was wasted because someone somewhere felt they should play far too fucking safe. It was a good movie theatrically but quite a bit of the story and some of the character motivations are a bit lacking, particularly if you don't read into the background material
>>
>>14503631
>her bullshit low ball numbers about the size of the Clone Army
Finally I fucking meet someone who understands 3 million troops does not make a galactic army.
Because in a pure numbers only battle the US Military at it's height during WW2 would crush the GAR if they followed Traviss's BS logic.
>>
File: 1442070548342-0.png (478 KB, 1021x2367) Image search: [Google]
1442070548342-0.png
478 KB, 1021x2367
>>14503715
TFA had no potential with Jar Jar Abrams at the wheel, anon. All he was ever capable of doing was trying to artifically cling to what ground and plot that the OT already did.

>it was a good movie theatrically
Nah, it honestly wasn't.
>character motivations are a bit lacking
That's horribly downplaying it.
>background material
You mean like Wendig's awful Aftermath novel which is all about some kind of gay /lgbt/ anti-white agenda that is billed as the prequel story for TFA?
>>
File: 1468693671989.jpg (56 KB, 228x335) Image search: [Google]
1468693671989.jpg
56 KB, 228x335
>>
File: CIS Fleet info 1.png (1 MB, 816x1037) Image search: [Google]
CIS Fleet info 1.png
1 MB, 816x1037
>>14503724
Yes. Thankfully she was also fired aka "let go" from Lucas Arts before she could be involved in any shape or form with the Essential Guide to Warfare book came out.
>>
>>14503727
go back to tumblr or your hugbox IRC. We already saw your autism there.
>>
>>14503742
>tumblr
?
>hugbox IRC
?
>We
?
>>
>>14503742
Dude that book was so bad. It was literally chuck full of narrative errors, grammar mistakes, and nonsensical descriptors thrown into the blender. Go look up the reviews for it, its literally shit with the author trying to backpedal that its some kind of anti-gay conspiracy against him.
>>
>>14503751
It's the new fad.

Are you a crappy writer? No problem! Just throw something moderately progressive into your work and you've got instant critic armor!
>>
>>14503727
I think the funniest part is A New Dawn introduced a gay female Imperial officer and no one blinked an eye at it and the novel was pretty good because the author, JJM didn't use that as an excuse to talk about her as if its the only thing that merits her character's existence.

Then you have Chuck Wendig, who thinks HE brought in gay characters to Star Wars when he's neither the first in the reboot canon or Star Wars before the reboot to do that, and spends more time on individual non essential shit like being gay in Star Wars then actually talking about the fucking galaxy spanning civil war.

Do you understand, the prequel work meant to be read for TFA is literally a haphazard work of nonsense which Wendig focuses more on being a homosexual and non related character arcs then the narrative or setting of the Star Wars galaxy in the aftermath of the Empire's defeat at Endor.

You probably haven't read it if you are defending it. Once you have you will realize you won't care a bit about his characters because they add NOTHING to ANYTHING.
>>
File: wibbly-wobbly herkily-jerkily.png (511 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
wibbly-wobbly herkily-jerkily.png
511 KB, 1440x2560
>>14503727
It's funny seeing Wendig try to shift the blame on some anti-gay agenda when in fact it's his own writing that's shit.
>>
>>14503760
That's what pisses me off about that article and the interview with Wendig. The interviewer makes no mention of the thousands of reviewers who noticed all the issues in the novel from its weird pacing, bad grammar, awful attempts at writing creative fight or combat scenes, weird flipflopping between past and present tense in the narrative, etc...

They just focused on the handful of anti-gay comments about his homosexual characters and left it at that.

>it zigzags herkily-jerily out of sight
That still gives me brain problems.
>>
>>14503556
Yeah, it's like who wants a gender switched Not!Kyle and Jan.
>>
Yeah, this trailer gave me a nerdgasm.

The Thrawn trilogy was my favourite book series since I was like 12 years old. I pretty much came when Thrawn said "art".
>>
>>14503477
So I should watch clone wars D=
>>
File: Screenshot_20160716_205647.jpg (117 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160716_205647.jpg
117 KB, 1366x768
Dude, nice
>>
>>14503647
>several of the Clones instructors for the Commandos and Alpha + Null class Arc Commandos be former Mandalorians
To be fair that was hinted at in the actual game.
>>
>>14503768
He said something about how his non-Star Wars books in the past never even got 1/100th the attention Aftermath did. Which isn't surprising given it has fucking Star Wars' title on its fucking cover and no one knew who the fuck he was before this.
>>
>>14503798
Clone Wars shows troops being trained by bounty hunters as well though they're not necessarily Mandos.
>>
>>14503798
Only some of them. And it still doesn't justify MANDALORIANS ARE GOOD BOYS thing she shovels in the readers face in every RC book.
>>
>>14503789
Part of me knows they're cheaply playing me for my nostalgia but the other parts do not care.
>>
>>14503742
Anon can you not read? He's definitely not from tumblr.
>>
>>14503727
>He doesn't realize the Empire is PC now.
>>
>>14503806
Where exactly is the line drawn between "playing for nostalgia" and "giving fans what they want"?
>>
>>14503727
I had honestly thought about picking up Aftermath, but now I'm thinking "fuck that guy he's somehow worse than Traviss", At least Traviss did decently well in the first RC novel, it went progressively downhill from there.

I meant more along the lines of stuff closer to the movie's start, like one of the short stories where Poe Damaron is Piloting an X-Wing for the New Republic, or the reference books that explain how Starkiller base uses old GE research into hyperspace tunneling (anyone who thinks that is BS needs to remember Omega Frost for a Legends example of a stupid superweapon idea) to enable it to hit it's targets
>>
>>14503608
>>14503631
>>14503647
Did Karen Traviss personally name the decision to kill Mara Jade or was it a plot event decided collaboratively by the story group? Seems like a pretty big thing to leave just to the whims of a single writer, even if they are clearly pushing and pulling against each other (like how in the very next volume after the one Traviss spent playing up the Mandos, the next writer has them just get rekt by Jacen like it's nothing)
>>
>>14503654
It's not that she makes Halsey a villain it's that for no reason she has ONI single her out as the sole person responsible for the Spartan II project and charge her for crimes committed to bring it about like kidnapping kids and shit, despite ONI approving of the project and supporting it. In other words she thinks people don't think Spartan II's being forcibly conscripted kids is bad and constantly tries to smash it over your head how wrong Halsey is and how right her characters are.
>>
>>14503824
True.
>>
>>14503633
Her Halo books can be characterized by "Jedi are to Clone Army as Halsey is to SPARTAN-IIs".

Traviss's writing of Halo can't get away from "HALSEY IS A CHILD KIDNAPPER AND LITERALLY HITLER", and somehow misses the part where ONI are just as if not even more amoral.
>>
>>14503834
I could see ONI using Halsey as a scapegoat but the way Traviss went about it was horribly fucking wrong.

>>14503824
When they're the same thing there is no fucking line.
>>
>>14503833
>Seems like a pretty big thing to leave just to the whims of a single writer

It's not though. EU-only characters weren't given any plot armor like film characters. So many of them ended up getting killed off because new writers would come on and be like, "who the fuck are these people? I guess I'll just get rid of them."
>>
>>14503824
>>14503837
>>14503847
There's no real difference in this case. But depending on how well it's executed, people will either blame them for a cheap attempt at playing for nostalgia, or be grateful for giving us what we want.
>>
>>14503847
>I could see ONI using Halsey as a scapegoat but the way Traviss went about it was horribly fucking wrong.
Oh yeah, I wasn't saying that was wrong but the way it was done.
>>
>>14503233
When will this show get some actual fucking money so it can look at least half as good as Clone Wars did?
>>
File: 1373870863173.jpg (31 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1373870863173.jpg
31 KB, 640x480
>>14503727
>jar jar abrams
it's good of you to flag your shit opinions for us
>>
>>14503885
>Defending A New Hope 2.0
>>
>>14503893
>Shitposting and being a fag
It's sad that /co/ has better Star Wars threads than us. Do us a favor and fuck off back to /tv/.
>>
Is Rebels becoming darker? I thought it was just a kids show.
>>
File: tiefighterthrawn.jpg (125 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
tiefighterthrawn.jpg
125 KB, 1366x768
>>14503734
dat smug.
>>
>>14503918
Rebels killed off two of the VOTW Imps at the end of season one, then a third at the start of season 2, plus if anyone complains about people not dying, we have seen numerous cruisers and frigates go down with all hands and god knows how many flying ties get blown up.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (133 KB, 1590x720) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
133 KB, 1590x720
Since when were Chiss drawn with distinct irises and pupils instead of just a uniform red glow?
>>
>>14503847
Halsey was a mistake.

>>14503937
Imperials doing their job.

The general lack of competence has to my biggest gripe with the franchise.
>>
File: 1439154036226.png (220 KB, 325x463) Image search: [Google]
1439154036226.png
220 KB, 325x463
>>14503918
Dave Filoni's bloodlust cannot be sated.
>>
>>14503939
Probably to help the animators to have Thrawn emote easier. Eyes play a huge part in facial expressions.
>>
File: Aurek_7_FB.jpg (51 KB, 408x400) Image search: [Google]
Aurek_7_FB.jpg
51 KB, 408x400
Canon Empire of the Hand when?
>>
>>14503848
Except for the fact Mara Jade wasn't some random EU character. She was there since 1991, and like the other anon said, one of the most popular and iconic characters outside of the main cast themselves in the franchise.

She was killed off because they needed a major character to die. But the way KT handled it was absolute fucking ass and a disgraceful way of sending Mara out.
>>
>>14503885
>>14503904
You are literally batshit retarded. I'm not suprirsed if you were the same loser who was defending Aftermath.
>>
>>14503233
Did I see the Outrider here?
>>
>>14503955
Did anyone actually defend aftermath?
>>
>>14503959
The poster I'm quoting is almost definitely the one who was chucking out "go back to tumblr" shit when someone called it out.
>>
>>14503233
Wait, he's public and infamous now? That's weird.
>>
>THRAWN
I guess I have to watch Rebels now
>>
>>14503964
Since the Empire is no longer institutionally Human Supremacist, there's no longer any reason for Palpatine to have kept the appointment of a non-human Grand Admiral a secret and then shuffled him off to the Unknown Regions.
>>
File: Zann.jpg (115 KB, 512x576) Image search: [Google]
Zann.jpg
115 KB, 512x576
>>14503956
Might've been. Then again it wouldn't be surprising given the Outrider has a cameo in the ANH special edition version so its already canon anyway.

>>14503959
One or two idiots in this thread have.
>>
File: IMG_2803.jpg (73 KB, 1023x682) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2803.jpg
73 KB, 1023x682
>>14503956
At 1:09, looks like it.
>>
>>14503962
He didn't specify anything about aftermath and it wasn't all that was said in the post he was quoting.
>>
>>14503969
Eh, the vibe in Rebels is that it still is. Thrawn is one of the very few sole exceptions to the rule from what I understand, though granted other supplemental material like Tarkin supports it but its nowhere as fleshed out as shit with COMPNOR like in the old canon.

Anyway helps that Thrawn is a near-human anyways.
>>
>>14503975
>jumped in to defend Aftermath
>makes his remark when focusing on the "Jar-Jar Abrams" thing once the topic brooches into the connection with TFA
Its the same guy, dude. Context makes that really damn obvious to anyone with half a brain here.
>>
>>14503727
Dude bashes it having a forced gay and an agenda.
>>14503742
Anon says go back to tumblr
>>14503975
It's not that hard to figure out anon.
>>
>>14503984
I just don't see anything positive in thread about aftermath.
>>
>>14503969
>Since the Empire is no longer institutionally Human Supremacist
What? Since when!?
>>
>>14503986
It got bashed for the author having a gay agenda, but the main critque is legitimately how terrible of a novel it is with a nobody with such little talent like Wendig writing it. The problem I said earlier in the thread with that article is that they focus completely on the anti-gay thing as if it wasn't a literal minority of reviewers bitching when the real meat is how awful the book itself is written.
>>
Will Thrawn be the morally gray Imperial character who finally gives them a bit more sophistication and development?
>>
>>14503944
>Halsey was a mistake
>Calling one of the oldest characters in official Halo fiction a mistake
Wew lad, did you not read Fall of Reach or First Strike?
>>
>>14503990
>What? Since when!?
Since they now employ plenty of women and aliens in important positions
>>
>>14503995
Looks to be that way, they know that if they fuck up Thrawn the internet will rip their anuses apart, put them back together, and rip them apart again
>>
>>14503993
The homosexual agenda was one of the main reasons why it was so badly written. It's just shoved in there and the entire universe is bent around it, warping canon and characters to fit on the author's hobbyhorse.
>>
>>14503995

You're expecting anything other than black and white morality from Star Wars?

The Imps'll probably have brainwashed those Mandalorians into indentured servitude, now that the matter of morality has been mentioned as well.
>>
>>14503993
I'm not saying that's what the main problem with it is, but that an anon responding to anti-gay with go back to tumblr makes something in the following exchanges pretty obvious.
>>
File: 1408792653583.png (81 KB, 495x526) Image search: [Google]
1408792653583.png
81 KB, 495x526
>>14504005
>yfw Thrawn destroys the Sith Holocron
They'll probably go too far and make him a bit too heroic.
>>
File: GiladPellaeon.jpg (579 KB, 659x1000) Image search: [Google]
GiladPellaeon.jpg
579 KB, 659x1000
Where's Pellaeon? Thrawn wouldn't be complete without him.
>>
>>14504003
They always did, we just never fucking saw them because legends was such a labyrinth that any important info was often buried under layers and layers of other things. Like how New Dawn has female stormtroopers just being there without any "OMFGAHKA FEMLE STROMTOPERS" shit because they were always a thing even in legends
>>
>>14504014
At this point in history? He should be in the Outer Rims fighting CIS holdouts, pirates, and smugglers.
>>
>>14503751
I am sorry. There is some questfag on /tg/ who hates on the new movie with the same tired criticisms. I thought that guy was THAT one. I don't care about the gay/not gay shit.

See, the issue is Halsey is wrong... yet throwing her under the bus is ironically the shit that CAUSED the rebellion to have a basis. At least if she said that it would be well.. "USNC is fucking retarded and only existed because the covenant united humanity," but she's not a good writer.

>>14503995
99.9% they will do that.
>>
The funny thing is that as Timothy Zahn took great pains to point out in the Hand of Thrawn duology, Thrawn wasn't quite the super omniscient genius that everybody treated him as.

Even in the Thrawn Trilogy he made mistakes, half his grand plans like using mining units to steal NR starships or throwing cloaked asteroids at Coruscant were based on smoke and mirrors and were quickly thwarted anyway, randomly jumped to wrong conclusions based on circumstantial evidence which caused him to simply give up on following a lead that could have led him to uncover how Leia was compromising the Noghri, and totally botched just about everything to do with trying to kidnap Leia's kids.

And for all his vaunted insight into the behavior of others his eventual downfall was that he totally and utterly underestimated how batshit C'Baoth was, completely failed to recognize when the Noghri were plotting against him, and because he didn't pay attention to the Smuggler Coalition at the point in time when he was assassinated his fleet at Bilbringi had just suffered a blow major enough that Pellaeon, a veteran commander himself, had no clue how to make a comeback from without Thrawn around to pull something out of his ass.
>>
>>14504041
No, Traviss has a bone to pick with the entire concept behind the Spartans. She said as much on her blog years ago, when discussing the Clone Army in Star Wars. Basically, as a former UK Spec-Ops soldier, she thinks the idea of cloned and indoctrinated soldiers is a horrendous crime. She hated the idea that the Clones were programmed for loyalty to the Republic and the Jedi, which is why she went out of her way to make them individuals in the Republic Commando novels and demonize the Jedi. And then when she got free of editors she fully indulged in her wet dream: A society of honorable warrior soldiers. She's basically Big Boss.

What she did to Halsey was completely consistent with her views and attitudes. And it's really fucking dumb that nobody at 343 knew that or noticed that, and that they went along with that script. The fact that Colonel Mendez, the man who trained the Spartan-IIs of all people, hates Halsey for kidnapping kids into the Spartan-II program, just shows you how fucking far Traviss is willing to push her distortion of the Halo universe.
>>
>>14504085
Thrawn's strategies were basically the Empire fighting a guerilla war. The Empire had weakened to such a great extent that it was impossible for Thrawn to showcase the full extent of his abilities. You go to war with the army you have, and Thrawn had C'Baoth. As for the Noghri, he put too much stock into their sense of honor.
>>
>>14504089
>KT
>former UK Spec-Ops soldier
What, she never severed any combat role in the UK's military.
>>
>>14504085
It wasn't that Thrawn was omniscient or perfect, its that he was able to work through his mistakes or when some of his plans backfired to make new use of the opening they created.

And the thing with his assassination at Rukh's hand was completely out of the left field. He had no idea Leia had ever gone back to the Noghri's home world and uncovered the truth of the Empire covering up the repair efforts.
>>
>>14504089
>Basically, as a former UK Spec-Ops soldier, she thinks the idea of cloned and indoctrinated soldiers is a horrendous crime
Well it was, and she was right to explore that, the problem was that she somehow also got it into her head that the Jedi were spoonbender supremacist nazis who went out of their way to create a slave army instead of a bunch of diplomat/police/monks who had the role of army commanders forced on them and who had no choice but to make use of the GAR because it was the ONLY army available. And also missed the part where it wasn't actually the Jedi who arranged for the army's creation but Dooku.
>>
>>14504103
>And the thing with his assassination at Rukh's hand was completely out of the left field. He had no idea Leia had ever gone back to the Noghri's home world and uncovered the truth of the Empire covering up the repair efforts.
IIRC he did realize that there was something wrong with the Noghri and confided as such in Pellaeon, but he was still content to have Rukh around as his sole bodyguard for some reason.
>>
>>14504089
>which is why she went out of her way to make them individuals in the Republic Commando novels and demonize the Jedi.
I really didn't like this fact. It felt so goddamn odd reading through these and seeing all the Clone Commandos suddenly using Mandalorian traditions and vernacular in their speak, especially when they don't show this in other works featuring them.
>>
>>14504026

I'd hope we get a a small story focusing on the Empire fighting CIS holdouts and the young Rebellion trying to cooperate with these left-over Seperatists.

Make it morally gray by having them work with a CIS general that commited atrocities
>>
>>14504100
She was a defence consultant for several years, and she served in the Territorial Army in Iraq and Royal Navy Auxiliary afterwards. Not spec-ops though.
>>
File: 1447354222481.jpg (39 KB, 500x349) Image search: [Google]
1447354222481.jpg
39 KB, 500x349
>>14504114
I just wanna see the Rebels use one of these.
>>
>>14504114
Bring back that spider fucker from The Clone Wars.
>>
>>14504109
>>14504103
He didn't trust any of the Noghri commandos save Rukh who was for all intents and purposes almost totally loyal to Thrawn to the point the other Noghri distrusted Rukh in turn. The others were being actively recalled and placed under observation from combat or surveillance duties until the matter could be sorted.

Thrawn was no fool.'

>>14504118
Yeah and for all intents and purposes, she was a glorified secretary. She has no real military service record in the truest sense.
>>
Where's Ackbar? He was supposed to be Tarkin's slave and manservant around this time.
>>
>>14504127
He dead.
>>
>>14504134
He no longer feels the same niche in the EU he had the rebels already have B-wings made by another Mon Cal.
>>
>>14504140
*Fills.
>>
>>14504130
Doesn't stop her from claiming she was a soldier.
>>
>>14504140
So he's just naturally a tactical genius? Did he show up in Clone Wars or The Clone Wars?
>>
>>14504161
I believe he did.
>>
>>14504155
I know, its sad isn't it?
>>
File: Thrawn.jpg (64 KB, 416x467) Image search: [Google]
Thrawn.jpg
64 KB, 416x467
The solid eyes are more iconic but it's not the first time Chiss were depicted like that.

I prefer no-pupils Chiss too but it's not a deal breaker.
>>
>>14504196
No pupils make for the sexiest waifus though.
>>
>>14504286
>tfw coughed up cash in SWTOR for the sole purpose of being able to play as a Chiss Imperial Agent waifu
>>
File: 1455643856205.jpg (23 KB, 305x323) Image search: [Google]
1455643856205.jpg
23 KB, 305x323
>>14504350
>Giving Bioware money
>>
>>14504353
Worse, I gave EA money.

Still worth it.
>>
>>14504365
btw anon are you white? Because Bioware doesn't want you playing their games.
>>
>>14503491
>There's a new canon Thrawn book by Zahn coming out though.
You're a native faggot to believe anything in print will be considered Disney-canon 10 years from now.
>>
>>14504350

Wait, why did you have to cough up cash for it? The Imperial Agent can be a Chiss from the start, and Chiss as a race unlocks for all classes and both factions if you get a Chiss to 50.

>>14504375

Not him but, so? Does it matter if it's canon, Zahn means it'll be well-written.
>>
>>14504371
I'm Singaporean Chinese.

I don't know what Bioware thinks of us because we have no representation outside of Jade Empire.
>>
>>14504383
Wasn't a subscriber and have never been a subscriber so I was only allowed to pick Human or Cyborg unless I coughed up.
>>
>>14504402

Oh, I didn't know that. I was a sub before they went f2p so I would've been given preferential treatment anyway.

Honestly they nickle and dime you so hard in TOR that it's cheaper to just pay the 15 for the month.
>>
>>14504388
Bioware's vision of representation is very US-centric, where blacks are a much more visible presence than East Asians or South Asians.
>>
>>14504441
Which is really weird because Bioware is still based in Edmonton.
>>
>>14504441

In fairness does have more black characters I can name than asian ones.
>>
>>14504451
Star Wars does*
>>
File: full20040724111228.png (118 KB, 291x400) Image search: [Google]
full20040724111228.png
118 KB, 291x400
>>14503364
>Pure Dark Side hatred kept him alive, but insane

Dark Forces 2 did it more or less the same way except we got a dumb grinning muscle torso flying everywhere
>>
>>14504461

There was some early book that had Vader doing somewhat the same thing, but failing. When you see him in his meditation chamber in Empire it posited that he was trying to master his control of the Dark Side and stoke his hatred, which let him live and breath without mechanical aid for a few seconds when he succeeded, but the success caused him joy, which was a part of the Light Side, so the whole endeavour failed and he had to put the mask back on. Which happened repeatedly over the years. It might not have been that exact scene, but something like it, since he was interrupted in Empire now that I think of it. I want to say it was Shadows of the Empire since it had something like that scene in it though and it covers the right time period.

If he'd ever mastered the Dark Side he could have ditched the suit, which was what he and Palpatine wanted, but he never could. So Palpatine always knew he had some good left in him and never got the apprentice he wanted. I kind of like it as an idea personally, though I'm pretty sure no other work ever referenced it so it's hard to give it any credence as something that was supported.
>>
>>14504539
I think a scene like that happened in The Rise of Darth Vader.
>>
>>14504539
If I recall right Vader's suit was also constructed extremely quickly to sustain him, with inferior parts and connections, and joints that weren't perfect. The result is that the suit constantly irritated and enraged Vader to no end and afforded him little respite, but likely in this way it also kept him firmly attached to the Dark Side and to Sidious's tutoring.
>>
File: 1403216763681.jpg (48 KB, 441x293) Image search: [Google]
1403216763681.jpg
48 KB, 441x293
Y'know, I really don't get why the EU STILL stresses so much that it's better to be grey than light or dark. What the hell is god damned bad about just being light? Why the fuck should people not strive to be good, do good, promote good, and abstain from vice and sin? Why the fuck do people need to "balance" tendencies that are considered light with dark side tendencies such as hate and greed? Or worse, when "balance" is presented as sitting on your ass and doing nothing. Sith are oppressing the galaxy again, better just sit here and do nothing about it because muh balance.
>>
>>14504628
>Y'know, I really don't get why the EU STILL stresses so much that it's better to be grey than light or dark.
I thought that went out the window after Jacen's moral relativism caused him to be corrupted by the dark side and started another galactic civil war.

>What the hell is god damned bad about just being light? Why the fuck should people not strive to be good, do good, promote good, and abstain from vice and sin?
Because then you get the Old Republic Jedi at the time of the Clone Wars, where a thousand years of unchanging tradition had caused them to descended into dogma and hubris, which blinded them to how they had strayed from enlightened peacekeepers to the dogs of an oppressive state.
>>
>>14504628

Light, Dark - I'm the guy with the lightsaber
>>
>>14504640
>Because then you get the Old Republic Jedi at the time of the Clone Wars, where a thousand years of unchanging tradition had caused them to descended into dogma and hubris, which blinded them to how they had strayed from enlightened peacekeepers to the dogs of an oppressive state.
I don't see how force centrism would solve or prevent that.
>>
>>14504690
Basically as as I saw it the Jedi were too hung up on going through the motions with shallow bullshit like "a Jedi must not love" and "my duty is to the Republic, to democracy" that they were no longer as close to the Force as they had once been, hence why in episode 2 Windu wonders if they should tell Palpatine that their capacity to use the Force to see the future has diminished.
>>
>>14503671
It's better than it sounds. Really.
>>
>>14504727
i can vouch for this.

heck the clone wars really is better then it sounds period.
>>
>>14503671
He gets double shishkebabed by a moonwalking Sidious.

>>14504725
>a Jedi must not love
Worth mentioning that Luke's New Jedi Order never bothered with this and they turned out pretty alright. Although this may have been because most of the EU was written before the PT.

plus Luke's Jedi Council was a colorful bunch of loveable whackjobs instead of the boring space monks who sit in chairs all day and talk like robots that made up Yoda's council.
>>
>>14504640

>Because then you get the Old Republic Jedi at the time of the Clone Wars, where a thousand years of unchanging tradition had caused them to descended into dogma and hubris, which blinded them to how they had strayed from enlightened peacekeepers to the dogs of an oppressive state.

That was the machinations of the Sith and most prominently, Palps.
>>
>>14504747
>He gets double shishkebabed by a moonwalking Sidious.
Webm?
>>
>>14504747
>Worth mentioning that Luke's New Jedi Order never bothered with this and they turned out pretty alright.
Vergere made a really good point though. The balance of power between Jedi and the Republic was that the Jedi were guardians of the Republic. Once Jedi start having babies with other Jedi, passing down their knowledge and skills and Force sensitivity, they basically become dynasties of super-powered warrior monks. What's to stop them from taking over?
>>
>>14504800
>Once Jedi start having babies with other Jedi, passing down their knowledge and skills and Force sensitivity, they basically become dynasties of super-powered warrior monks.
This assumes that force sensitivity is genetic.
>>
>>14504803
>The Force is strong in my family. My father has it. I have it. My sister has it.
>>
>>14504800
>Once Jedi start having babies with other Jedi, passing down their knowledge and skills and Force sensitivity, they basically become dynasties of super-powered warrior monks. What's to stop them from taking over?
Because the desire to dominate is of the dark side, so we just have make sure nobody goes dark. Good luck with that.

The Legacy comics had an interesting solution to the possibility of a Dark Side force-sensitive Emperor from taking control of the Empire, basically the Imperial Knights are tasked with the constitutional duty to act as a watchdog on the Emperor and to launch a coup if the Emperor becomes corrupted by the dark side.
>>
>>14504640

The Jedi in the Old Republic were being obfuscated by Palpatine's Sith powers.
>>
>>14503233
At this point they just need to slip in a Kyle Katarn reference, and I'll cack my pants.
>>
>>14504803
>>14504807
His son had it. All of Leia's kids had it. All of their kids had. Hell, Jaina's descendants all had it and they became Galactic Emperors.
>>
>>14503485
Yes please.
>>
>>14504840
Now why would they do that when they obviously intend for Jyn 'I Rebel' Orso to replace Kyle Katarn and the Many Bothans?
>>
>>14503727
>gay /lgbt/ anti-white agenda
Go stay in /pol/ with the rest of the retards.
>>
>>14504419
>Honestly they nickle and dime you so hard in TOR that it's cheaper to just pay the 15 for the month.
Cheaper still to not play that Jew of a game.
I actually enjoyed it for a time before it went F2P. Tried to get back into it but it shits so insanely hard on non-subscribers that it's just not fucking worth it.
>>
>>14504883
>retard who can't into comprehension and projects this hard
Kill yourself, kouhai.
>>
>>14504628
Because Lucan introduced the Jedi as stiflingly oppressive, despite their good intentions.
That they can't get married or whatnot.
The whole "grey" Jedi was at first the idea that you could still be a good person without kowtowing to the Jedi's stifling restrictions on how to live your life. Being able to have a little vice and excitement, but carefully toeing the line between light and dark that you didn't fall to the Dark Side.
Later writers would just use "Grey Jedi" as an excuse to make a "good" character who could still use Force Choke or even Force Lightning, despite those being specifically Dark Side abilities. Especially Lightning, which is(or at least was) literally concentrated hatred spewing from your fingertips into your enemy.
Really not something anyone but the most Dark of Dark Side wielders would ever use.
Anything pertaining to "balance" is just bad writing trying to justify the author's mary sue.
>>
>>14504898

I enjoyed it purely for the Star Wars aspect. Is it an MMO? Honestly not really, it's a single-player RPG with co-op and online multiplayer. And I'm ok with that.
>>
>>14504916

Gray simply doesn't make sense in the universe as the movies show it.

The movies make it very clear that there are only 2 sides: very very good and very very bad, and anyone who tries to stay neutral (like Lando) is forced to take a side
>>
>>14504923
>Honestly not really, it's a single-player RPG with co-op and online multiplayer.
Pretty much. I leveled my first character to 50 without once speaking to anyone but a couple IRL friends who got me into it.
>>
>>14504923
>>14504931
Only time I ever group up is when I'm doing Heroic missions or Flash Points.
I don't even touch PVP.
>>
>>14504927
Yeah, that's what I was trying to get at. That it was intended to be a middle ground that's not depicted in the movies, but not being a bad person.
It's just misused to the point of inanity now.
>>
>>14504933
I leveled as the Sith tank class(Destroyer I think) and so even missions that said I needed 2-3 people I could take on solo with little difficulty.
It only got easier after F2P and they buffed your companions to the point that setting any one of them to heal can keep you up against way more than you should be able to take.
>>
>>14504942
>I leveled as the Sith tank class(Destroyer I think)

Immortal spec Juggernaut

Honestly one of the most fun specs to play in pvp because you're all but unkillable, and there's the bonus of the fact that the Sith Warrior has one of the best stories.
>>
>>14504942
>>14504959
I made a Sith Assassin, and when i made the character I used the Big Guy 4U bodytype. Fucking hilarious seeing a ripped Sith Pureblood jump around like an acrobat.
>>
File: Palp vs Maul Bros2.webm (2 MB, 1176x500) Image search: [Google]
Palp vs Maul Bros2.webm
2 MB, 1176x500
>>14504797
There is no counter to the Sheev Shuffle.
>>
>>14504976

I loved the Inquisitor (I did Sorceror instead of Assassin) first time I played, but holy hell the story is SO dumb in hindsight. It's one of the worst ones.
>>
>>14504978
On the brightside, you can make a female Inquisitor into a cackling madwoman.
>>
>>14504988
I'd be tempted to play through another story if any of the females were voices by Jennifer Hale.
I just wish that half the NPCs weren't voiced by Steve Blum.
Not that I have anything against Steve, and he gets to show off his range, but he has a back-of-the-throat gravel that's so distinct that every time I hear it, I just think "Oh hai Steve."
>>
>>14504994
Well it is a Bioware game, and love using Jennifer Hale for at least 50 percent of all femal characters.
But I get what you mean about Steve. I love his acting, but when he's everywhere, it's a bit silly.

I actually really like the work David Hayter does for the Jedi Knight.
>>
>>14504916
Sometimes I wish the light side/dark side choices in some of the games were a little more thought out.

>Play Jedi Academy again
>Rosh is a shit, but I get to wail on countless bounty hunters and drop them off cliffs, so it's fine
>Come to the level where you're supposed to pick the side path you want
>Alora taunts you constantly throughout the level while throwing stronger Reborn at you
>Get to the end
>Kyle says to not kill Rosh, Rosh begs for his life, Alora gleefully calls you to kill Rosh and take your revenge
>Don't kill Rosh out of pure spite for Alora
>Gleefully kill her instead in revenge for that damn level

I've never picked the dark side ending because of this.
>>
>>14503233
>greedy scumbag is an alien caricature of indians

Just like real life.
>>
>>14505048
Do you mean poo-in-loos or listerine drinkers?
>>
>>14505035
Speaking of Jedi Academies and Dark Side
Reminds me how I never knew for years that I could get Juhani as a companion in the first KOTOR. When I did Light Side playthroughs, I'd always kill her because she was evil(for a time). When I did Dark Side playthroughs, I'd kill her because I was evil.
It wasn't until about 2012 I was watching a lets play that I saw that I could even let her live and she'd join as a companion.
>>
>>14505051
i wonder who you thought her blacked out party member slot was for back then?
>>
>>14505012
>work David Hayter does for the Jedi Knight.
SITH GEAR?
MASTER! YOU DIDN'T TELL ME THERE WAS SITH GEAR ON THIS MISSION!
>>
>>14505067

He doesn't sound like that, just so you know. He sounds more like Bernie.
>>
>>14505057
I don't remember even noticing that.
I do remember all the joy I got from turning Bastilla evil.
And the backtracking. All the god damn backtracking. Felt like half the fucking game was just running back through the dungeon you just cleared just to get back to the plot areas.
>>
>>14505068
>Bernie
Sanders? Or the one whose house they made a movie about spending the weekend at?
>>
>>14505073
Come the fuck on man. You're on /m/.
>>
File: hondo.jpg (185 KB, 1069x1203) Image search: [Google]
hondo.jpg
185 KB, 1069x1203
>>14505048

Hondo is great though.
>>
>>14505078
Oh. Hamburger.
I'm confused because I've also got a Star Wars thread on /tg/ open, too.
>>
>>14504815
>basically the Imperial Knights are tasked with the constitutional duty to act as a watchdog on the Emperor and to launch a coup if the Emperor becomes corrupted by the dark side.
so like Turkey was supposed to do
>>
>>14505073

He was the voice of Bernie in Gundam 0080
>>
>>14503265
EU book canon had luke making all jedi grey. Since the light/dark thing was what caused the cycle of fighting between jedi and sith.
>>
>>14505102
The EU was fucking stupid.
>>
>>14505105
Ok, Disney.
>>
File: 1441850719662.jpg (381 KB, 1900x1000) Image search: [Google]
1441850719662.jpg
381 KB, 1900x1000
>>14505109
Ok, wookieepedia.
>>
>>14503416
>Ezra's buzzcut

Maybe it's just me but he kind of looks like a thinner and darker Starkiller now.
>>
>>14505115
enjoy your Mary Sue protagonist.
>>
>>14505130
Ever heard a little idiom about people living in glass houses?
>>
>>14505130
I'll take 20 Reys if it means no Yuuzang Vong.
Shit, I'll take a thousand fucking Reis if it keeps those fucks from ever touching the universe.
>>
>>14505127
And he has a blind, bearded Jedi teaching him.
>>
>>14503485
You know that woman in the Rogue One trailer all the other characters make a fuss about? There you go.
>>
>>14505146
On that note, Rahm Kota was probably the best thing about The Force Unleashed. Also Starkiller's sweet starship.
>>
>>14505143
I liked the idea of Darth Sidious forming the Empire to prepare for them.
>>
>>14503542
I think it is likely for Thrawn to die in Rebels. If he's such a great commander, strategist, whatever then wouldn't he have been around doing things for the empire during the shit that was going on during the original trilogy? Simplest way to explain his absence is to kill him off.

If he's so good at what he does that he became a threat, even minor, to Palpatine I think Shiv would just kill him than send him off to some far off, unimportant part of the galaxy on a shit assignment so he'll be too far away from anything to do anything.
>>
>>14505172
That's exactly why I hate the Vong.
>>
>>14505177
with out it. all you have is Sith going around and saying "i'm angry about jedi and elections".
>>
>>14505183

The whole POINT of the dark side is that they're just pure evil.

People seem to think the light side and dark side are just 2 sides of a coin and are both natural things. That is not the case in canon and never was, the dark side is a CORRUPTION of the light side, it is basically the force's existence being raped by evil.
>>
>>14505183
Oh god, go figure an ESL likes the Vong AND completely fails to understand both the motivations of the villains.
>>
>>14505115
Actually makes me sort of wonder if the Ysalamiri will ever make an appearance in the new canon, now that Thrawn is back in.
>>
>>14505172
I despise the idea that Sheev isn't evil.
And if that's what Palps was on about, he wouldn't have needed to fabricate a conspiracy and Separatist rebellion to come to power.
And that it retcons the fucking Vong into Thrawn's story was another fucking mess of bullshit to justify their retarded existence.
>>
>>14505195
And that's what we in the trade call shitty writing.
>>
>>14505205

They outright said they won't.

They don't dislike the little lizards, they just said that it's kind of an "I Win" button around Jedi and it's better for the sake of tension that they're kept out.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.