[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any mystery/thriller fans on here? Who is your favorite author?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: iiam (1).gif (4 KB, 650x220) Image search: [Google]
iiam (1).gif
4 KB, 650x220
Any mystery/thriller fans on here? Who is your favorite author? Who is your favorite fictional detective? Do you avoid or seek out series that have a TV series adaptation?
>>
>>>/tv/

kill yourself.
>>
the scooby-doo novelization
>>
>>8067460
I've been reading some Dashiell Hammet and Red harvest was great. Apparently that's where The man with no name and Yojimbo came from. I used to read Agatha Christie when I was younger and the most interesting novels are the ones where the narrator is unreliable and is the criminal. Sherlock Holmes tends to be critical of previous detectives and Hercule Poirot echoes that by being critical of him. Doyle tended to get into the supernatural and the mysterious side of that in his later works, though some of this shows in his earlier stuff too.
>>
>>8067471
To be fair, he really wanted to stop writing Holmes and some of that could very well have been believed to be fact, like how James Bond has that guy that becomes vicious and kills on the full moon.

Are there any worthwhile contemporary authors?
>>
I like James Ellroy, Paul Auster, Joseph Koenig, Mike Hammer, Richard Morgan if he counts
>>
>>8067460
Umberto Eco.
>>
>>8067471
> the ones where the narrator is unreliable and is the criminal.

isn't there only like 1 or 2 of those by her? murder of roger ackroyd and something else
>>
>>8067716
yeah two, Endless night. But that's more than one so that's why I used a plural.
>>
>>8067460
I suggest the Asimov's trapdoor spiders series, very funny and unusual as the cases are presented and resolved in conversations between the characters and the author isn't unfair with the reader.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.