[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does Homer have such a hard-on for Nestor?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Briseis_Phoinix_Louvre_G152.jpg (2 MB, 1857x1833) Image search: [Google]
Briseis_Phoinix_Louvre_G152.jpg
2 MB, 1857x1833
Why does Homer have such a hard-on for Nestor?
>>
>>8064707
mary sue :^)
>>
umm... you dont?
>>
>>8064707
Why did he have such a hard-on for Diomedes? Nigga kills like thirty characters and wounds divinity.

"He rushed across the plain like a winter torrent that has burst its barrier in full flood; no dykes, no walls of fruitful vineyards can embank it when it is swollen with rain from heaven, but in a moment it comes tearing onward, and lays many a field waste that many a strong man hand has reclaimed- even so were the dense phalanxes of the Trojans driven in rout by the son of Tydeus, and many though they were, they dared not abide his onslaught."

Diomedes did some straight-up anime shit
>>
>>8064707
I think there is some of the author's voice in Nestor. Look at all the times that Nestor laments his not being younger, before recalling a lengthy story. He is an old storyteller like Homer.
>>
>>8064966
Don't even get me started on Ajax
>>
Because Greece is actually Hell.
>>
>>8064707

Because wizened old doods are magic, desu.
>>
>>8064966

https://greekmythcomix.wordpress.com/comic/deaths-in-the-iliad-a-classics-infographic/

>yfw Achilles was behind even Patrocles in total kill count over the duration of the Iliad.

But I mean, somebody had to be a badass while Achilles was moping and trying to figure out whether he could beat the prophecy and not die at Troy.
>>
>>8066200
I love this, thanks for posting it
>>
>>8066185
>>8064966
Aias and Diomedes are just the best warriors (after Achilles of course), their slaughters are just them fulfilling their purpose.

The Nestor bits are quite different.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.