[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello brothers, I'm going to be delivering pizzas for a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: GG.jpg (170 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
GG.jpg
170 KB, 900x675
Hello brothers, I'm going to be delivering pizzas for a few weeks to climb out of this pit of poverty I carelessly let myself fall into and I have come to you now for recommendations for audio books. It is the only part time work I keep since it is the only one where I feel I am not selling myself entirely for no more than a paycheck. I have listened to marvelous things--last time I delivered I went through Hugo's Hunchback of Notre Dame--and would like recommendations for things that are nicer to listen to than read. I prefer classics and philosophy. I just downloaded 50 Psychology Classics, but I am hesitant to listen to it because it seems like an offense approach to really absorb some significant ideas. It's what I'll listen to if I don't find anything else, but again, I am hesitant. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>8061238
I think My Struggle would be great in audiobook form, the way it is written really seems to lend itself to it.
>>
>Hello brothers, I'm going to be delivering pizzas

The Deliverator belongs to an elite order, a hallowed subcategory. He's got esprit up to here. Right now, he is preparing to carry out his third mission of the night. His uniform is black as activated charcoal, filtering the very light out of the air. A bullet will bounce off its arachnofiber weave like a wren hitting a patio door, but excess perspiration wafts through it like a breeze through a freshly napalmed forest. Where his body has bony extremities, the suit has sintered armorgel: feels like gritty jello, protects like a stack of telephone books.
When they gave him the job, they gave him a gun.
The Deliverator's car has enough potential energy packed into its batteries to fire a pound of bacon into the Asteroid Belt.
Why is the Deliverator so equipped? Because people rely on him. He is a role model. This is America.
There's only four things we do better than anyone else
music
movies
microcode (software)
high-speed pizza delivery
>>
>>8061347
I genuinely wish brother, I genuinely wish I had people like you in my life.
>>
>>8061238
Now I am also considering Down and Out in Paris and London. I think the reassurance I would find from someone else who accepted the weight of poverty on his shoulders as a means to an end can only be helpful at a time like this. Any other suggestions; My Struggle is a little longer than what I'm looking for, I think I will only be doing it for two weeks.
>>
>>8061238
listen audio files of popular tv shows, seinfeld, the manson family, loveboat etc
>>
>>8061433
This is either a joke or awful advice.
>>
>>8061347
Snow crash gets mad hate on lit but i always thought it was perfect sci-fi pizza driver campy fun

Dont read it expecting war and peace, or stoner, or Moby dick. Expect high speed cyborg ratdogs and the States of the USA gerrymandered out and ruled by corporations.
>>
>>8061699
Thanks, but I decided on The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat. I'll be getting paid to listen to it. /lit/job
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.