[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the purpose of audiobooks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
What's the purpose of audiobooks?
>>
To read without having to read.
>>
>>8024165
Some stories work really well spoken aloud with sounds and such to create an atmosphere. For example I think that the BBC's radio production of The Lord of the Rings is great stuff, Tolkien's work, being inspired by old mythology and legends, feels pretty natural spoken aloud, and the production values and performances are really high-tier stuff. It's a great way to experience the story that feels very natural to the source material.

Of course in other cases there's always >>8024179 too. Some people want to get Harry Potter into their heads without having to look at paper.
>>
to acquire culture with no effort
>>
>>8024165
Alternative to music on commutes
>>
Reading books while doing something that occupies your hands and eyes, but not your mind.

For an example, reading a book while driving a car, washing the dishes, splitting firewood...
>>
I need background noise
>>
Think of the task of driving. And how some people find it hard to keep their eyes focus. Now think fo the last of listening. When you want to shut it out you still hear it.
>>
File: vsvs.png (759 KB, 619x869) Image search: [Google]
vsvs.png
759 KB, 619x869
>>8024373
pic related
>>
It's so nignogs can have the books read to them for school work. They can't read so they invented audiobooks for them.
>>
I really don't get it, don't people pause to think? Don't people normally reread passages?
>>
>>8024286
Or running on a treadmill.
>>
>>8025703
Most people read exclusively for entertainment value, so no.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.