[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is existentialism a joke?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
Why is existentialism just a bourgeois philosophy for the wealthy to feel good about all of muh freedoms they have?

Not only does the prole not have the privilege or time to think what he is truly free or not free to do, these conclusions won't do him any good if he decides to walk away from the life of the factory and leave his family to starve.

Easy to say your existence is your responsibility when your life was handed to you on a silver platter.
>>
>>8022336
>Why is existentialism just a bourgeois philosophy for the wealthy to feel good about all of muh freedoms they have?

Its about coping with the anxiety that comes from higher level thinking which is something that transcends class.

>Not only does the prole not have the privilege or time to think what he is truly free or not free to do, these conclusions won't do him any good if he decides to walk away from the life of the factory and leave his family to starve.

Its not the 18th Century Mate the welfare state and post industrial economy are a reality.

>Easy to say your existence is your responsibility when your life was handed to you on a silver platter.

Easier to say that you are victim of mechanical function of society than deal with the ugly truth of individual agency.

But hey that revolution is just around the corner so no need to get off your arse
>>
>>8022336
I don't care OP. How do I fuck a lewd nun?
>>
>>8022336
>Why is existentialism a joke?
It's easy to get over, for one.

>>8022435
That's just a cartoon.
>>
>>8022336
Is the key around her neck open the gates of her Chasity belt?
>>
op read Lukacs' "Existentialism or Marxism?"

otherwise this thread is headed for shit territory
>>
Can someone explain in simple words, what exactly existentialism is? I don't really get it.
>>
>bourgeois philosophy
kill yourself my man
>>
>>8022498
to me its when you know there is no inherent meaning to life so you create your own.
>>
>>8022481

There is also questions de methode -sartre

I haven't read it because I don't care about poor people stuff
>>
File: petsounds2501.jpg (248 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
petsounds2501.jpg
248 KB, 1300x1300
Why is religion just a proletarian philosophy for the poor to feel good about all of muh meaning they have?

Easy to say your existence is your responsibility when your life was handed to you on a silver platter of eternal living after death.
>>
>>8022336
How do the poor find meaning to life then? Do they get to ignore the question or is thinking only for the bourgeoise
>>
>>8022506
Search for a Method is a very good text but won't do anything to convince someone existentialism isn't bourgeois
>>
>>8022498
philosophy of existence. It denies eternal philosophical ideas like god or essence and only cares about what kind of shit real people get up to in the real world. supposedly. often focuses on depressing feelings of anxiety or fear.
>>
Existentialism is something to overcome. I doubt even the bourgeois these days subscribe to it unless they are still teens
>>
>>8022567
>It denies eternal philosophical ideas like god or essence and only cares about what kind of shit real people get up to in the real world
No it's not.
>>
>>8022567
> It denies eternal philosophical ideas like god or essence and only cares about what kind of shit real people get up to in the real world.

What is Kierkegaard, Heidegger, and Marcel?
>>
>>8022498
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existence_precedes_essence
>>
Life is a joke.
>>
>>8022336
Fuck off and die red.
>>
>>8022336
your a dorable
>>
>>8022336
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAH WHAT DID YOU SAY ABOUT EXISTENCEALIASM YOU LIL BITCH
>>
>>8022336
>these conclusions won't do him any good if he decides to walk away from the life of the factory and leave his family to starve.

you don't understand existentialism
>>
>>8022336
I swear, christfags ruin everything.
>>
File: poster-of-chairman-mao-12.jpg (134 KB, 510x690) Image search: [Google]
poster-of-chairman-mao-12.jpg
134 KB, 510x690
You wrong fool. Proletarian who understands his freedom must be a revolutioner
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.