[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>new book in series comes out, didn't now until today
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: 51kjcyq57tL._SL1500_.jpg (42 KB, 332x500) Image search: [Google]
51kjcyq57tL._SL1500_.jpg
42 KB, 332x500
>new book in series comes out, didn't now until today
>work at library, hyped that I can just put a hold on it and not pay money for it
>not in the system
>since it came out just into the month, probably won't get it until June
Fug. What upcoming releases are you all excited for?
Oh also fuck international publishers, britbongs got this and the first 2 6 months before us.
>>
Probably only Zero K, and I'm only marginally exited for it.
>>
File: mfw_big_salads.png (328 KB, 346x482) Image search: [Google]
mfw_big_salads.png
328 KB, 346x482
>>7998567
Is that another fucking hunger games clone?
>>
>>7999095
No. It's about a future where people had to use radical generic engineering to stop a 'plague' that would end humanity, then, when the corporations realized the possible uses of the technology and knowledge they had, created various new 'sub-humans' made for various, specific tasks. (Think 14+ fingers and long arms, ridiculously tall people, or on the extereme end, a child who's brain mimics a computer and can work with them faster than even the brightest CS PH.Ds, but had little to no emotion/understanding of others.) The events of the book are of people trying to get these people free and give them rights as humans. (The people are called Gens, because each corp. gave their creations a specific color of neon-bright hair, so show who they belonged to/were made by.) This is the 3rd in what I believe the author said would be a trilogy.
>>
>>7999174
Fuck, called Gems*
>inb4 SU references
>>
>>7999095
I don't get it. Should people be angry about Hunger Games? Shouldn't we be glad that people are still even reading literature at this point and sit in hopes that they will discover newer and better things?
>>
>>7999069
That looks p neat, I might have to pick that book up myself.
>>7999217
I think most of the people who obsess over HG saw the movies. Same with any popular book-turned-AAA movie.
>>
>>7999217
Are people really into films glad that young people watch Pewdiepie because "at least they're enjoying video-based media, and maybe they'll move on from there?"
>>
>>7999438
Some people do, some people don't. I still don't understand the problem here. If you want to blame anything, blame the lack of education in that medium.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.