[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which will be the dominant religion of the future and why is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Screenshot_2016-05-04-11-20-56.png (697 KB, 480x854) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-04-11-20-56.png
697 KB, 480x854
Which will be the dominant religion of the future and why is it Islam? Will some other religions take the place of current mainstream religions or will they all slowly die out and be replaced by culture, legality, political ideology, and identity?

Also: what is your favorite religious text?
>>
I think we'll meet in the middle under an effigy of Jung.
>>
Yeah Islam is the only one left that poses a threat to the Western pluralist culture. I have faith that it will be crushed beneath the seemingly ever rising tide of humanism, but I might be wrong and the humanist tide could break and recede against the rock of Islam.

If humanism does win then the only remaining religious threat would be the parasite of Scientology hiding within it. They could make some serious power grabs behind the scenes in the coming decades before really coming out unassailable and try to convert the masses.
>>
>>7998560
I think we're moving towards something atheistic desu. So for Abrahamic religions at least we had a mostly materialistic religion become more heavily spiritual and anti materialistic for 1 or 2 millenia. I think we're heading back towards a neo materialism.

It just seems to me that the discussion on atheism vs theism tends to revolve around belief in a material god and an afterlife. And I think ultimately these ideas, of a material god out there or of there being a life after death or a resurrection while for all intents and purposes go away.
>>
I think identity is slowly dying out altogether
>>
>>7998809
You would say that as a poster on an anonymous image board.

I think if anything we've reached a kind of peak identity and it's slowly going away again. So decline yes, but it won't disappear.
>>
>>7998743
Hahahaha no, they won't. They've been around since humans stopped being apes and they'll always be around.
>>
>>7998853
>Hunting and gathering has been around since humans stopped being apes and it'll always be around
>>
>>7998874
nice analogy /lit/erate friend
>>
>>7998874
Nothing can replace religion the same way agriculture replaced hunting and gathering. Every way of thinking can be subsumed by religion.
>>
>>7998995
We still hunter gather now, it's just in nice fields and pastures we designed and cultivated ourselves.

What I really want to see is an end to this protestant work ethic bs. And while people joke about being Jedis, I do wonder if geek culture isn't growing into something like a religion with pure waifus and so on. Trekkers and Trekkies seemed like fanaticism back in the 90s.

The only way I can see these sorts of things happening in the future is if we end up with a kind of corporatism. Or maybe we already have a kind of religious corporatism? If I only eat fair trade, organic, vegetarian society food am O not signing up to a kind of religious thing there?
>>
Baldrism
>>
>>7999082
>We still hunter gather now, it's just in nice fields and pastures we designed and cultivated ourselves.
are you actually fucking stupid?
>>
>>7999201
Someone's in a bad mood that someone is you btw
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.