[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello, /lit/, I'm in dire need of your help. I'm choosing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: declineandfall.jpg (266 KB, 620x830) Image search: [Google]
declineandfall.jpg
266 KB, 620x830
Hello, /lit/, I'm in dire need of your help.

I'm choosing a topic for my bc thesis and the supervisor recommended me Evelyn Waugh's works. Now, I have never read anything from him (or heard of him at all, actually).

Is he and his work a viable topic for bct? My own idea was to compare 1984 and Brave New World because it's easy, or maybe to trace the objectivism in the works of Ayn Rand as it could be quite easy as well, but she recommended I do Waugh instead.
>>
>>7997417
>compare 1984 and Brave New World
>this is a legitimate thesis Idea
shouldn't you be able to come up with something more in depth and original than that.

Actually this is bait. never mind
>>
File: Aloysius_-_Brideshead_Revisited.jpg (170 KB, 778x1166) Image search: [Google]
Aloysius_-_Brideshead_Revisited.jpg
170 KB, 778x1166
>>7997417
>never heard of Evelyn Waugh

anon, i don't know whether to envy you, because you will have the experience of reading Brideshead Revisited for the first time, or pity you, because you appear to be a massive idiot
>>
>>7997749
I'm not a /lit/fag by default. While I do enjoy reading, it is not my main hobby and so I have not come across some of the great ones.
I think that you should envy me, it's the only scenario in such cases.
>>7997733
Great trippledubs boi.
Yes, it is not deep and is shallow, but as I said, I wanted to do something easy.
Like, very easy.
Like "a week work with sessions of playing videogames in spare time" easy.

And the more original one was the objectivism idea.
>>
he's probably the funniest writer of all time
also wrote some of the best prose
>>
>>7997956
Thanks.
My professor told me to read Decline and Fall and The Loved One.
I have started DaF (prologue and first chapter) and it indeed is rather funny.
Even if I decide to turn her proposition down (which I probably won't) I will at least get to know another great writer, which is fine.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.