[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Elric, Witcher - plagiarism or not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: elric_witcher.png (730 KB, 720x600) Image search: [Google]
elric_witcher.png
730 KB, 720x600
Hi, /lit/ virgin here.
Has any of you Fantasy buffs read both M. Moorcock's Elric Saga and A. Sapkowski's Witcher Saga?
Yesterday I found out that the following accusation of plagiarism has been made
https://web.archive.org/web/20151028180453/http://www.multiverse.org/fora/showthread.php?t=10894
by Moorcock himself no less.

To the point, I was planning on reading Witcher Saga and now I'm not sure whether I should read Elric saga instead. I don't want to read derivative work as the first one even if it was written by better author.
On the other hand I don't know if the whole thing is just Moorcock stroking his ego and Witcher has only superficial similarities to his works.

It would be great if any of you kind people who had read books from authors could share your thoughts on the matter.
>>
>>7972103
Making my way through the Witcher series now. Really enjoying it. The whole Witcher concept is pretty unoriginal. I feel like the "white wolf" thing has been done to death in general.
>>
>>7972103
>Moorcock
>accusing people of plagiarism
He's a proper prick, he's an autistic manchild who calls everyone out. Hell, he called Morrison a plagiarist. Moore says morrison ripped off moore.
>no one calls moore out for ripping off moorcock.
>>
>>7972130
>The whole Witcher concept is pretty unoriginal. I feel like the "white wolf" thing has been done to death in general.

I know, right? Even I, in my early teenage years wrote (very) short (and very shitty) novella about guy with nicknamed Silver Wolf, who:
>was changed by magic (mutated)
>was part of secretive brotherhood
>fought supernatural creatures
>used enchanted sword

>>7972149
>ell, he called Morrison a plagiarist. Moore says morrison ripped off moore.
I don't get it. Who ripped off who.
>>
>>7972620
No one ripped of anyone

Moore just hates Morrison and any other successful modern comic book writer and comics in general.

>http://www.comicsbeat.com/the-strange-case-of-grant-morrison-and-alan-moore-as-told-by-grant-morrison/
>>
>>7972103
>Moorcock
>Moor
>cock
t. Alberto Barbossa
>>
can you copyright the idea of a sword that steals souls?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.