[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Rewrite Genesis 1 in the style of your favorite author
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 23
File: 1440599494049.jpg (29 KB, 331x334) Image search: [Google]
1440599494049.jpg
29 KB, 331x334
ITT: Rewrite Genesis 1 in the style of your favorite author
>>
Let ther be Light, said God, and forthwith Light
Ethereal, first of things, quintessence pure
Sprung from the Deep, and from her Native East
To journie through the airie gloom began,
Sphear'd in a radiant Cloud, for yet the Sun
Was not; shee in a cloudie Tabernacle
Sojourn'd the while. God saw the Light was good;
And light from darkness by the Hemisphere
Divided: Light the Day, and Darkness Night
He nam'd. Thus was the first Day Eev'n and Morn:
Nor past uncelebrated, nor unsung
By the Celestial Quires, when Orient Light
Exhaling first from Darkness they beheld;
Birth-day of Heav'n and Earth; with joy and shout
The hollow Universal Orb they fill'd,
And touch't thir Golden Harps, and hymning prais'd
God and his works, Creatour him they sung,
Both when first Eevning was, and when first Morn.
>>
In the bangining Dog created heaving and hearth. But the hearth was warmless and empty, drunkenness was over the Scarface of the peep, and the spirit of the Yawhooo was circumventing upon the aquaface.
>>
In the beginning God was being creating the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was being formless and empty. Full of empty and formless was the earth. And darkness was being over the surface of the deep, and the deep of the surface was being under the darkness. And the Spirit of God was being hovering over the waters like the Spirit of God.
>>
"Let there be light" said God and Johnny spread my ass in the showers and with a cockscrew motion worked his cock up by asshole until egg pop of fleshy black pink and we both came 5 times under dark blue dusk of morning
>>
>>7966126
i do heroin
>>
befor thiere was triewe things thiere was deorcness licen to the deorcness thu seen when thu locs ofer the deop mere on a calm night

thiere was no angland to spaec of no franc scuccas no crist no bastards spillan blud on the land for thiere was no land and no sky they sae thiere was only the father of crist the god of all things lytel and large but i cnaw the triewth i cnaw that this god of the crist is no god of mine, no triewe god of angland for i is a wys man and i seen thru thiere lys

it sceolde be cnawan that they sae the crist god was flyan ofer this stillness that the crist god was always thiere the only thing there besides the deorcness and that the crist god maced the heofon and the ground that we are standan on now they sae the crist god maced it all and that all was naht befor him only the deopness and the deorcness and him waitan

but the triewth is that the auld gods always bean thiere and hiere that the triewe gods of angland bean stalcan thru this land since befor thiere was land and this thu sceolde cnaw if thu is a triewe man if thu is a wys man lic me then thu cnaws that it was woden that maced the land and the sky this is the triewth for i only be speacan the triewth

but the dumb folc and thiere lyan biscops weolde hafen thu belief it was the crist god who maced the land and the sky and the heofon. the biscops sae that the crist god saes thiere will be land and sky and heofon and then thiere was those things wat the crist god had saed thiere was they sae the crist god saes thiere sceolde be a graet brightness lic the sun risan efry mergen and then thiere was a graet brightness and a sky and the land and all things lytel and large

thu sceolde cnaw wat they sae for it is the false lys of dumb men men who is mor lic esols then men

they sae the crist god has maced many things but i has sean naht but the blud of anglisc maced by the bastard crist god for he is not the god of the triewe anglisc he is not the god of this land or of us folc efen if they thincan he is and that his son will safe them and bring them to the heofon. the only thing the crist brings is blud and guttas spillan out by the sweords of ingenga bastards thus has sean this as well as i haf thu cnaws as i cnaws that angland does naht tac as much blood from the crist as the crist tacs from the anglisc
>>
>be me
>create sky and world
>world is empty, has no shape
>is just water, no light
>hover over water, bored
>say "let there be light"
>there's light
>see light is good
>seperate light and darkness
>call light day, darkness night
>so there's day and night now
>the first day
>>
>>7966188

what author?
>>
"Let there be light", said Yawheh Sabaoth on one Monday morning. He arranged things nearly about the tipsy-topsy earth, splitting the hours into two parts of roughly equal proportion, dark and bright as much as Mr. Sabaoth thought reasonable.

"Hallo!" he said, pouring some water onto the earth and some just above it. Splendid idea, really. And the space, he reckoned, between the two aqueous bodies ought to be called a sky. He put trees here and grasses there, some nice pretty flowers in the mountain passes and spinesporting cacti amidst the vast seas of sand. And between this greenery Mr. Sabaoth scattered beasts and birds, crawling, scuttering, scampering, fluttering things with minds each of their own.

"Now, we mustn't be modest," he sang to his lovelies. Upon this encouragement, his creations got to work, engaging in all sorts of jeux d'amour -- japes and capers with the object of basal proliferation. And with this, Mr. Sabaoth noticed five days had passed. Five days working was no country walk, for certain, but he felt that his labours were not complete. Something missing. What could it be goddamnit come now think aha!

A handful of earth, yes. Sculpt it like so, until... yes, that's right. A man. Looks like me, Sabaoth thought. Charming little biter. But without a mate, days are lonesome and nights are cold, are they not? So from a single rib he fashioned something like a man but softer, perhaps more delicate.

And what a pair they were! Him, blazing and boiling with muscular energy. Her, merry in bloom with a molly countenance and tweety little voice. They'd know each other, alright. The thought of their business made Sabaoth feel queer. He shouldn't bother them.

Ho! Six days it was now. Reasonable time for a rest. Take a full one off, why not? You're the boss, right. Keep one eye open for fear of the water bubbling over.
>>
>>7966070
Joyce by someone who's never read Joyce
>>
>>7966228
Virginia Woolf?
>>
Your name is GOD. You are the eternal, self-sufficient, ageless ruler of all that exists, which isn't a lot right now. You have a variety of INTERESTS. You enjoy making up ARBITRARY RULES for your creations to follow, even though you don't have any yet. You like to devise CRUEL AND UNUSUAL PUNISHMENTS for breaking these rules, even though it is kind of always your fault in the end. You have a fondness for being CRYPTIC AND INACCESSIBLE, and are LARGELY INCOMPREHENSIBLE TO MORTAL MINDS.

What will you do?

> God: Quickly create the heavens and the earth.
>>
In the beginning always creating God was being creating the heavens and the earth, and in the heavens and the earth was being creating God. Now the earth was being formless and empty and God was being creating. Full of empty and formless was the earth with God in the beginning being creating. And darkness was being over the surface of the deep, and the deep of the surface was being under the darkness. And the Spirit of God was being hovering over the waters like the Spirit of God.
>>
1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was u on the face of the dee . And the S irit of God moved u on the face of the waters.

3And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

5And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

6And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

7And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

8And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

9And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land a ear: and it was so.

10And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

11And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

12 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

there's an abnormally low number of p's in Genesis I, I didnt expect this.
>>
>>7966247
Andrew Hussie has the potential to be a great novelist desu senpai
>>
>>7966188
chaucer?
>>
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

1.1 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

1.11 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

1.111 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

1.112 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

1.12 And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

1.121 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

1.122 And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

1.13 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

1.131 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

1.14 And God said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon the earth: and it was so.

1.141 And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

1.2 And the evening and the morning were the third day.
>>
>>7966235
>>7966070
Come on, it's pretty good for someone who isn't actually James Joyce.
>>
>>7966070
kek
>>
God felt a heavy stone weighing upon his stomach as he set to work on that particular morning. His work had piled up, and now he was faced with the creation of the entire universe in a working week. He started by creating heaven and earth, but they were formless and empty and God doubted his own ability. His mind pondered over the water that he had to add and all the other work that still lay in front of him. He walked to the wall to turn on the electric light, his aging eyes were failing and he couldn't work on in this half-light.
>>
>>7966235
I actually have read all of his work save Finnegans Wake, both in original and translation.

>>7966405
>>7966436
A-at least someone appreciated doggy style sex and circumcision.
>>
p o ƃ

Genesis is one of the most singularly bizarre phenomena in our history.

A

Myth

Of

Darkness

And then light and then all of a sudden everything is there at once.+

+The footnotes in this section were largely unreadable.
>>
File: 37f[1].png (243 KB, 464x470) Image search: [Google]
37f[1].png
243 KB, 464x470
>>7966336
>>
>>7966605
Do you know what the fedora meme means?
>>
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Or maybe it was the day before the beginning.
>>
>>7965919
Is this original? It's not bad.
>>
It begins with Genesis. (Doesn't it always?) God, the almighty engineered this world, a clattering of space and time, parallels settling into coherence, a singling up of all lines, transposition of Godhood outwards, macrocosm from microcosm, light and inertia from the dark and inert. The void is filled with life, creeping down toward its farthest reaches, and God creates heaven and Earth. And it is the void of life here, void of life truly in action that he fills with Man, created in his own image to a 3/4 beat . . . . .

Oh lookee here boys
I'm the one who makes the noise
I'm alpha and omega
don'tcha know

But I'm feelin kinda lonely
Cause I'm the only only
so I'm jist jivin and buildin Man tonite . . .

yes, well, this goes on for some time and eventually God comes to a model of Man he likes that for functional reasons deviates just a little from his original conception of sculpting man in his own image -- far too difficult to replicate on such a scale. . .
>>
>>7966618
Are you fucking serious.
>>
>>7965919
It's shit
>>
File: photo.jpg (33 KB, 320x321) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
33 KB, 320x321
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth, or did he? Like how do you prove that? You and I ought to be smart enough to question this God guy. Come on little girl, let's go have fun where society and your parents can't judge us.
>>
>>7966688
Not even Christians seriously study the bible anymore. It's sad desu because the entire civilization is based on the book, degenerate as it may be in this current state, the bible is the best guide for understanding how we've arrived where we are.
>>
>>7966618

It was when Milton wrote it
>>
>>7965919

i knew this was too good to not be milton
>>
>>7966688
>taking this bait
>>
I created the heavens and the earth today.
>>
>>7966228
douglas adams?
>>
File: 1459956072412.jpg (7 KB, 203x248) Image search: [Google]
1459956072412.jpg
7 KB, 203x248
>>7965881
When the Hachisoto-Sorenson-Rayburn Optical Wiring screentested the first protocol links of what would become the intercontinental light-based dreamworld of the Worldgrid, the sky in fleshspace was the color of an HDTV that was turned off because it was night in Neo-Akihabara and the only light was harsh, neon, staccato, emitting in spurts and globules from thirty megaton explosions in the arcades playing Tank War Europa.
>>
>>7966639
classic King.
>>
>>7967485

Fancy yourself a cyberpunk?
>>
>>7967399
lol #relaytable #references
>>
>>7965881
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
>>
>>7967399
Why do I have to believe in one god? That's like eating one cereal for the rest of your life
>>
>>7965881
The Odd God

Once there was a guy called God,
God one could call a little bit odd,
An all powerful deity yet he must rest,
A perfect creation, he chooses to test,
God created Adam,
and then he created Eve,
God then gave them a garden to play,
oh they did, they played and they played.
Then the snake appeared and made Eve bite the apple,
Adam was punished, Just like the sniffsnarfling krabapplers
Kicked from the garden by a God who knows all,
He must have known they were going to fall,
He made them perfectly able to fail,
now we all suffer to no avail,
So next time you read of a man called God,
Remember this deity is a bit odd.
>>
File: 1455763378761.jpg (285 KB, 920x917) Image search: [Google]
1455763378761.jpg
285 KB, 920x917
>>7966639
Pynchon. Knew someone would
>>
Ek man jötna ár um borna,
þá er forðum mik fœdda höfðu;
níu man ek heima, níu íviði,
mjötvið mœran fyr mold neðan.

Ár var alda þar er Ýmir bygði,
vara sandr né sær né svalar unnir,
jörð fannsk æva né upphiminn,
gap var ginnunga, en gras hvergi.

Áðr Burs synir bjöðum um ypðu,
þeir er Miðgarð mœran skópu;
sól skein sunnan á salar steina,
þá var grund gróin grœnum lauki.

Sól varp sunnan, sinni mána,
hendi inni hœgri um himinjódyr;
sól þat ne vissi hvar hon sali átti,
máni þat ne vissi hvat hann megins átti,
stjörnur þat ne vissu hvar þær staði áttu.

Þá gengu regin öll á rökstóla,
ginnheilug goð, ok um þat gættusk;
nátt ok niðjum nöfn um gáfu,
morgin hétu ok miðjan dag,
undorn ok aptan, árum at telja.
>>
>>7966639
10/10, swear to god
>>
How gently I would find myself crossing the waters, in those moments of rest prior to the creation of the earth, wherein the ground of dry powder as well as that wet lightly with the waters of the sea, as in my childhood days of leisure with grandmama in the quiet towns along the coast, would rise up from the waters of a often-seen black hue and forbidding coldness and grace my field of vision with its comforting presence, and mustering all of my omniscient power, I would often bid the creation of some gaitless entity, and pray that light, or plant, or animal should come to exist beside me as unwavering I might set down with him on the precipice of the shore, and behold the product of my work, and feeling as I had some time in the past, transported there by the sensation of the dirt between my fingers, I might remember the knowing smile of grandmama as before bed, she would wish me a final good-night, and would thus with the imprecision of exhaustion walk quietly out of my bedchamber, followed by the scent of blossoms which always pursued her, and I would be left behind in the darkness to fall anxiously into the embrace of sleep, the ghost of her good-night kiss comforting me in the moment of meeting slumber for the duration of the night.
>>
"Who is God?"
Since the earth was formless, lacking light and ground to set one’s foot upon, Graniel Capitalonus could not make out the face of the young man who had spoken these few words to him. Unlike the man’s face, the sentence was indistinguishable. Graniel had never heard the name God before in his life. He twisted his face in confusion.
“Let there be light,” he said, but he was already gliding over the waters, away from the filthy young man who had been waiting for him to come along, rather than simply making the light himself.
“Gee, thanks,” said the young man. “What a fool,” he muttered, once Graniel was out of earshot. Graniel, the son of a wealthy industrialist, had no patience for people who did not work for what they had. He felt that in modern times, nobody had the right to revel in their own creation except those who laboured for its achievement. Capitalonus stepped onto the land that he made to rise up out of the waters, then in the air in front of him, slowly traced the image of a dollar sign. He stood, arms at his hips, as Atlas, in revelry at what he had created.
>>
What would be, if there was no light? What despair would be true, a negated universe of non-existence: if there were no lights and darks, or passion of a whirlwind, or the sweet pitter of the rain, or the tweet tweet of the birds. Yes, if there were no light, what a misery the world would be.

Therefore it is not so! For just as there is light, He shaped the light with a single sentence, a good light, and separated it and nurtured it into the day and the night; the first of many. The sensual-erotic which arose from this act of love drove Him to mould a powerful Earth in his hands, to tear the Earth and the heavens asunder.
>>
>>7966639
Quality Pynch
>>
>>7967633
kek
>>
>>7967846
Melville?
>>
>>7968111
nope, but I see where you're coming from
>>
I could start at the beginning. But I dont know if God would really get a kick outta that. He doesnt like folks knowing about his personal life. Hes old fashion like that. Honest he is!

But to hell with it! So he made light and the universe and he wasnt a phoney about it. Which is why I like they guy. I mean really some people make stuff all the time and they just never shut the hell up about it. Honest! I dont give a goddamn about your crumby creation but God was different. He was really swell.
>>
>>7966452
This is nice, I would like to read a book in this style.
>>
Came here for the obligatory "And but so God created like Light"... but got disappointed.
>>
>>7966238
>>7967451
J Joyce
>>
>>7966126
You forgot the carbolic soap and rectal mucus.
>>
In the postprandial hours, when food is slowly struggling with the body, he dozed, sitting on a soft and high chair, the rear and the sides veiled in an embroidered velvet canopy, dreaming, as usual for afternoon naps, that he was steadily hovering onwards over a deeply blue slow maelström a long way off to the north.
>>
Now God created the heavens and the earth, as was said by the Philosopher [1:2:3:4:5:6,7 - 8.9 fuck you].
And he also said "let there be light" as was proved [Q.4, 666: XD].
Now the substantial form of light is light, therefor the essential form of light is light, as fire being so fire in as much as it is fire.
Therefor OP is a faggot.
>>
File: 1444064890408.jpg (122 KB, 668x623) Image search: [Google]
1444064890408.jpg
122 KB, 668x623
>>7967919
Kierk spotted.
>>
I was listening to the Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra bringing Wagner's Ride of the Valkyrie to its end when I realized I was hungry. Getting a big pot of water ready for my pasta, I suddenly had the idea to create the world. To tell you the truth, I was never one for big ideas like this. In high school I was very average. I did what I had to do to stay on top, but otherwise I wasted the time away reading novels by Kurt Vonnegut and Raymond Carver in the original English. You would think a lazy guy like me wouldn't have many girlfriend, but for some reason I would always have a girl at hand. What it was that drew them to me, I couldn't say. I was going through these girlfriends in head when I heard the familiar sound of water cooking. Immediately going back to the stove, I put pasta into the water. The oven was shiny clean. I don't know where I got it from, but I've always been very careful about having a tidy kitchen. With my dinner cooking, I started creating the world while waiting. By the time the day was over, the pasta eaten, and the Wagner record played to its end, I had created light. When I got into bed that night, I was very exhausted. I had a dream about a girl I hadn't seen since high school. I hoped she was well.
>>
>>7968616
Murakami?
>>
a low throbbing industrial synth played quietly as the audience of no-one waited for the performance to start. it was cold and coallike, black and chalky, coallike, not much going on. then suddenly a neat little drum fill filled the air and lux fiat quod he then lux facta is. this band was pretty good yhwh, their opening number bereshit bara was neat. the lines always got misheard though, bear a shit bear a doesn't quite make sense, and i don't really know how one could come to the conclusion that's what the lyrics were.

anyway, the show was pretty cool. they threw water everywhere, and I think their were animals too. tigers tigers tigers tigers , people eventually filled the empty club life life vita vie and it was pretty comfy except when yhwh started shit-talking some other bands, you know, even though they were bad i still think that was kind of cunty.
>>
>>7966188
Timothy I think you should try and sell this one to /sci/
>>
>>7968445
bumping
>>
>>7968616

Murakami/10

He's such a fucking hack and you nailed it.
>>
>>7969156
he should have put in an uncomfortable sex scene that i could have uncomfortably jerked off to
>>
>>7969170
this is the most relatable post I've seen on /lit/ in ages
>>
In the beginning there was a being called God. God was an all knowing and all powerful being of pure light in the form of concentric rings. Though he was all knowing and all powerful, he still fell victim to the throes of boredom. No being could best boredom, he would think.
To satiate this boredom God created Man in his own image.

Man was an angry biped with a snake between his legs who didn't look a thing like God.
Man too found himself in the throes of boredom which God satiated with Woman. Woman was like Man but had a coin slot between his legs and large balloons on his chest. He was referred to as She. Man liked to take his snake and put it in Woman's coin slot. This, God discovered, did best boredom.
But God didn't have a snake to put in a Woman's coin slot so God was still bored. God decided to create Monkey and Serpent.

Monkey was an angry quadraped who didn't look like God either. Serpent was a an angry uniped who looked like Man's coin slot snake.
Woman's Coin Slot was a literary metaphor, a thing writers used to allude to something without mentioning it directly.
Coin Slots were things Man put coins in to get Candy or Soda. Candy was a food that killed Man and Soda was a beverage that killed Man. Man enjoyed Candy and Soda because he was not all knowing like God. Man also liked guns and knives and bombs because he was not all knowing like God. Guns and knives and bombs killed man also.
Monkey was not all knowing like God but Monkey did not make guns or knives or bombs.
All knowing God didn't know why this was.
>>
Dark and light, not for sale: never seen.
>>
God be create the heavens and the earth. Earth all formless and empty. Big stripes of empty all down earth, deep stripes and above the stripes darkness like the Spirit of God over the waters be like. Sick down in my insides to look at it.
>>
>>7966639
Hands down best in thread. Just rewrite the whole bible and publish it like this.
>>
File: 1431706328941.jpg (213 KB, 580x773) Image search: [Google]
1431706328941.jpg
213 KB, 580x773
>>7969376
>>
>>7966097
easy, Cormac McCatchy
>>
In1 the beginning2 things3 happened.
>>
>>7967405
>Not even Christians seriously study the bible anymore.

Wrong! I've learned Greek and Hebrew and even rudimentary Aramaic (which isn't hard after Hebrew) to study the Bible. Latin, too, because sometimes the Vulgate (and other ancient translations) have good hints about the original text. I don't know who you hang around with, but I like confronting ancient texts on their own terms.

I'm also trying to learn Akkadian and Arabic. I just don't have quite so much time lately...
>>
>>7967755
"Giants and man were born, they are [something something something]..."

Am I in the ballpark? I don't read Old Norse/Icelandic, but some of that seems sort of similar to languages I know.
>>
>>7966639
>>7971024
Anon, this is a superb idea. I'd give the guy who wrote this money to do the whole thing.
>>
>>7966194
Are you seven years old? Because this post is under-eighted.

>>7966247
Are you seven years old? Because you unironically like Hussie.

One fine morning, upon awakening, Y. found himself transforming nothingness into heaven and earth. He realised that he was still free to stop creation here if he wanted to, leaving the earth formless and empty, as there was nobody out there who could notice except the Spirit in the distance hovering over the water, which was his own Spirit anyhow, and regardless it was too dark over the water for the Spirit to notice him; but perhaps he would eventually be noticed, and the Spirit might judge and berate him sternly for his lack of effort, and as a result his respectable position might be lost. Accordingly, instead of letting the darkness lie as it naturally would, he dispelled it by saying 'Let there be light,' and there was light. He went over to the light and saw that it was good. Now to keep avoiding judgment he had to continue working on his creation, so he separated the light from the darkness. Y. called the light 'day', and the darkness he called 'night'. Should he continue even more? He considered doing so. If he would, he would seem extremely competent, but in the circumstances it might also come across as an attempt to show off. So he decided to return to his abode, and there was evening, and there was morning - the first day.
>>
>>7966639
This is too good. God dammit, i hate everything.
>>
>>7968616
only for first person does murakami do this, fuck
>>
This makes me want to read the bible.
>>
Εν ἀρχῇ
heavens
and la terra.

But the earth was
混 沌
et informis.
There was darkness over the surface
of the profundis.

sd/ ol' Gawd
"Let there be lvx!"

etc.
>>
>>7966336
Wittgenstein?
>>
File: 1459673883999.png (260 KB, 358x310) Image search: [Google]
1459673883999.png
260 KB, 358x310
>>7967633
>>
See God. Pole across the space and from it stretched the above and below where above was for the angels and below was dirt. The dirt was horrible and desolate like some awful phallus penetrating the empty and see God he stands in the pitch nothing hovering just above the waters. It is good God said.
>>
God created today. Or, maybe, yesterday; I can't be sure. The sky and the Earth are formless and empty, DEEP SYMPATHY. Which leaves the matter doubtful; it could have been yesterday.
>>
Pete Stuart typed away at his telebong in the rearmost window cubicle at Xingtech CryoCorp just after closing when a black haired woman came through the elevator and strolled casually onto the office floor.
"Can I help you miss? We're closed for the day."
He recognized her, Bob McConchie's wife.
"Ms. McConchie?"
She tread slowly across the office and sat on Pete's desk with a TinuCorp king size cigarette in her mouth.
"You got a light?"
"Ms. McConchie, there's no smoking in here."
"I'm not Ms. McConchie anymore."
"Oh I'm sorry."
"This world is an illusion Pete. Tomorrow evening Governor Bob Tarkins is going to be assassinated."
"What?"
"By me, Pete. God created the heavens and the earth? It's all bullshit."
"Do you need a ride home lady?"
>>
Jesus C thought today would be a perfectly reasonable day. He rose in the morning in his usual manner only to realize that there was no light this morning. He wondered where the light had been and when was the last time he had seen it.

Confused about the current state of things he decided to go and see G-d and report this strange event. He sat in G-d's waiting room the warm air choking him. 2 hours passed in this manner.
"This is ridiculous" thought C. He approached the angel Gabriel and said, "I would like to see G-d." The angel responded with an automatic, "Of course." and said nothing more and made no indication that C would ever get his meeting. "I have a very important thing to report."
"What's that?"
"I would like to discuss it with G-d."
"Why can't you discuss it here, are you hiding it?" The vulture-angel was suddenly interested.

C returned to his seat and waited and waited. Sick of the air, he took a walk outside and noticed the light had returned.
>>
>>7971717
Phillip K. Dick?
>>
>>7971749
of course
>>
jaysus c say his papa don treat him rite

he dad say he the son an holy spirit an holy gos an all that an he come up to jerusualum an he start crewin nigas. tha niga turn wate into drank an he an judas go up an down those roads all week an then they crew on some nigas. jayssus say we fuck the temple up and like so and but judas straight bounces on him and says so to the fuzz who take jaysyss c an say he gon be locked up an they take his map for keeps. jaysus be cry. jaysus say his papa don treat him rite sendin him down here and they put jaysus on a big wood x and lash him with plants an shit and jaysus be cry and judah be cry too even tho he a rat fink who was crewin on jesus. and jaysus c is not 2bdenied. an jaysus says we all created by holy gost and to not fuck wit him. and jaysus say in jennasus he dad built the earf an his dad could beat up our dads so we better back the fuck off. but the cops say him to shut the fuck up and kill him on the big x. and some desert nigga steal his corpse because he wanted to sell it for $
>>
>>7971763
Push by Sapphire?
>>
>>7971771

DFW. Meta-simulacrum.
>>
>>7971763
that is the worst attempt at african american vernacular since the last time some suburban white faggot tried it, r u european or something "matey"?
>>
>>7971783
I thought those chapters were from the perspective of a white nationalist street kid though. Emil Minty or whatever
>>
>>7966336
Come on, if you're gonna write Wittgenstein at least go all out and include some schizophrenic thought-experiments.
>>
>>7971120
You got giants and born right, but 'man' doesn't mean men, it's a verb.
The line means '' I remember yet the giants of yore''.
>>
>>7967485
A e s t h e t i c
>>
>>7968616
Wwwwww
>>
>>7967846
Proust?
>>
>>7967888
Please tell me this one. I have the feeling that I'll think "Ah of course!" the moment you tell me the name. It annoys me right now.
>>
>>7968616
holy FUCK this is funny
>I was going through these girlfriends in head when I heard the familiar sound of water cooking.
made me laugh out my nose and spray my toast crumbs all over my keyboard
>>
>>7968616
Holy shit, that is annoying.
>>
>>7969339
Who is this? I want to read it something like this.
>>
>>7971783
Anon be do a fusion between the two best chapters in David Wallace. You been jested boi
>>
>>7972006
sounds like Vonnegut to me
>>
The Wake.
>>
>>7965881
On page 1 of The Bible ("Genesis"), we are told that a divine being created the world. "God" (the name given to Him) and God's actions are reported in astonishing detail. Needless to say this strange little book, which caught my eye on April 22, 2016 in the back of a local bookstore, will undoubtedly overthrow our present conceptions of philosophy, science, and our understanding of the world. It is no surprise that reading it has made me a changed man. Its author and, therefore, its origin are unknown, but Stephen Viktor, my good friend in Prague, assures me that the contents are connected to a figure named Jesus Christ. At this stage I cannot yet confirm nor reject this statement and, much to my shame, I am also hopelessly unable to fully comprehend all its rich symbols and hidden secrets. Despite these setbacks that infuriate and frustrate me deeply, I feel that I must not delay spreading its contents so that people may finally know the origin of Man. Immediately and ceaselessly I began translating the work, and to minimise any delay, I already present the following, now translated account of the creation of our world.

In the beginning God demanded there to be light, and out of his words light spawned. Darkness, now awoken from dreams of sleep and drowned in reality, that other dream, finally opened its eyes and saw its curious adversary. As if staring in a mirror, Darkness finally became aware of itself, recognised itself. Memory, forgetfulness were granted him, and now released from dreams and infinite oblivion, God separated darkness from light by calling them night and day respectively.

Amsterdam April 25, 2016
>>
>>7972408
10/10
>>
>>7972408
Lovecraft
>>
>>7972428
moron
>>
>>7972438
Who do you think it is? It's either Lovecraft or Borges. I don't think it's Shelley.
>>
>>7969339
Plotinus. gj, btw
>>
>>7972453
it's borges without question
>>
>>7972453
austen
>>
In the incongruous beginning the strange God created the ominous heaven and the pallid earth.
And the loathsome earth was without singular form, and void; and hideous darkness was upon the face of the accursed deep. And the nameless Spirit of God moved upon the face of the teeming waters.
And antediluvian God said, Let there be protuberant light: and there was radiant light.
And the protuberant God saw the palpitating light, that it was good: and the profane God divided the protoplasmic light from the teeming darkness.
And the nonsensical God called the odorous light Day, and the sepulchral darkness he called Night. And the mesmerizing evening and the abnormal morning were the first delirious day.
>>
Posting my rewrite of Genesis, chapter I, in the voices of Joyce (Middle Era), Joyce (late era), Daniil Kharms, U. G. Krishnamurti:

Rough stumples, I suppose. Outside sun drew golden, spangled coins. Suspect moist underside of the bagged kidneys are dripping honey. Soft. Ugh. Won’t break. Convinced of otherness. $4.44. Periodical periodical. The smile he ununderstands. Thanks. Thanks.
As Mr. Woon takes his breakfast and newsfaster, reminded of Lucy starts to ponder. She was with me before she was with me. Like the Word in the Silence. Onesourced they were born sychroanachronicalistically, like Up and Above, at once inside Him. Never capisce how The Spirit of God was hovering and the Voice of God commanding. One’s the better job. Red light.
Waiting, woeing, a capella incantatem de facto memorandi his mind sang, as such an Old Mighty he thought he thought – let there be light! Let there be green, the world of go, over the red, the death of the no! Still the heartdrips. Greengo.

/

Howlde byginnungogap wifeopen waited and wasted o’er Heirinununder Champs Elissee, as one scriveneer may compute to a fooler sinsneer bonest Dan oink humpserf, is of tale tested, a bysterious borborigmos overboard as fever to the blankface mayhap occurred to say “Lyght!”. Faerie! Wheer waes he? Tooth is, he won’t remumbles, like seen a zen wicker or a taodish froggnogg. Le Fou, fourrotten! Zoomsay camenight to reacute mortmothers twomb acalling the spife of his buckled spilff, the kizzjizzjam, four who could thee to one aloon? Simsimplest mostright! Cannot! Entwinwined are all worms! Allone cooled never beat the everrising tesselated morphonemic palindromimic fractaloid of the Who Witwizard, for if, end of, may barling, ickle twinkle, Dan could awer outmind the skull that dies the prophecy of the continuum of the waters of, the cyclocontinuum of the waters of. Since two totango. Yet Poppa Jake and Brother Sam end sipple Souscie warrant no can outnameforms, forseen but not distinguised yet of Varuna’s Mahavortex, as one scriveneer to othrother may dubbub the Vooddoovoed; bet, ateetootaller than the smaller frater, such a scriviviparous baboofferall as Neeh, the Stalker, could abuse entheogeothometry to propose to propell this theery there or this hearey here: than Nixt unsexxed is Luxt and booth are sameother’s merrorauder. And iffit cameunder o’rover camellian across the wideawake warld to bring Poof of the trithrone to Trod, the Ghostman’s Log, them starlike bearing guidance in the born of geld, finnsense and whirr, then forfeit the fiatfuit Faerie that holds the Trooth and goandcome as a goatandlamb praysees. What when thirst, the fearst of the stungsober? Fie, fo, finn found the lucky clover. Questing doubts will not stoop the wheel, bhakti bhikku! So belife this escrividor tuus, and forgait his kelts akneel. There oldways be a sprite in the pyre or a spreet in the hover. Know roundfall.
>>
>>7972541

Coming out of his house, Alyosha Kovolkya discovered a hole in the ground. He was so taken by this hole that he forgot to eat and he died.
Coming out of his house, Boris Ryedishky discovered the body of Alyosha Kovolkya. It was laying facedown on the ground. He couldn’t stand people with no faces so he decided not to work that day. Taking the opposite direction to Alyosha Kovolkya’s body, he decided to use the twenty kopecks his boss, the unbearable Vladimir Vaard, had given to him to buy another stapler for the office. Boris Ryedishky first had thought that twenty kopecks were more than enough to buy a stapler but that he could perhaps tell his boss, the unbearable Vladimir Vaard, that the twenty kopecks were exactly enough to buy the stapler. He was thinking this when he spent them. Returning to his house with two new bottle’s of Aunt Krashima’s Lakelike Vodka, he had already drank half of the first bottle, that he meant to share with his brother, Wadislaus, when he saw a body laying facedown on the ground. He could not remember that he had seen the body before and panicked at its sight, but he was feeling brave enough to turn this man upside down so that his face could be seen. Boris Ryedishky couldn’t stand people with no faces, almost as much he couldn’t stand that boss of his, the unbearable Vladimir Vaard. However, when he flipped him, a hole in the ground appeared at his feet, so that he, tumbly as he was, couldn’t maintain his equilibrium and fell into it.
Coming out of his house, Andrei Bogdan saw Boris Ryedishky fall into the body of Alyosha Kovolkya. Even in civilian clothes, he, as Inspector of Police, who could do anything he wanted, as much as it be in the consent and eyesight of the Tzar, decided it was his duty to the Russian people to investigate. However, when he came to the turned up body of Alyosha Kovolkya unaware of his footing he fell into the hole that was in the ground.
When the Chief Regional Superintendent in that zone of the taiga realized that he had lost his best (and only) Inspector of Police for the Town of Irkutsky, he decided to have his eggs scrambled this time, not fried.
Reader! If this story has made you uncomfortable, put more socks on!

/

I am not lying, or at least I say I am not lying. See? I am not making false idols out of air for you to pursue. I have nothing to sell, nothing to keep you distracted. I have no teaching, but if I had one, it’s essence would be this; simply, that I cannot help you.
>>
>>7968425
Salinger in Catcher mode, but maybe nobody replied to this because it was just too obvious.
>>
>>7971400

Can someone tell me who is this? Seems most postmodern.
>>
>>7966188

if this is an original mimicry and not actually directly from Paul Kingsworth's the Wake, it is pretty pretty good.

Cannot be on par with this guy tho
>>7972541
>>
When it came to creating the world, I never took any shortcuts. I worked my way though the entire /lit/ recommended reading list. John Green, James Joyce, DFW, The Greeks (started with them in fact),Thomas Pynchon, Friedrich Nietzsche, Karl Marx, Soren Kierkegaard, Albert Camus, Franz Kafka, Max Stirner, Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel and various manga authors. I read every novel by every single one of /lit/'s favorite authors.
And I didn't stop there.

I also watched (and re-watched) every single episode of The Simpsons, Seinfeld, Evangelion (It is deeper and better than Tolstoy or any other author for that matter), South Park, Sailor Moon and My Name is Earl.
I knew how much /lit/ loved watching TV.
I spend up to 12 hours a day studied this stuff. You'd be amazed how much my grades suffered, but I did not care.
I memorized every single Richard Dawkins speech and could recite it at will.
80's music? You bet I knew every Van Halen lyric.

It was only at this point that I was ready to create the universe.
"Let there be Light," I said. Little did they know I was actually quoting the thing in the Dark Souls DLC.
>>
>>7970983
Melville?
>>
>>7967846
This sounds so fucking familiar. I'm going to guess Henry James
>>
In the beginning God was bored, so he thought to himself lets play a game, lets play hide and seek, oh but I have nobody to play with but myself and I already know everything I am going to do, so lets forget that I am God, then I can play with myself and not get bored, I shall play hide and seek with myself (this is the true nature of all games, good/evil, black/white, faith/reason, science/religion, complex/simple, serious/trivial), this game in turn becomes every other game conceivable game, I shall be every role in the game and I shall play them all with utmost conviction and intensity so that I do not remember who I am for as long as possible, I shall even use words like "this is serious" and "this is not a game" as moves within my game, but when the game has gone on long enough you will wake up and remember who you really are
>>
>>7965881
Au début Dion, il a créé... vlan ! la terre ! les cieux ! tout !... tout... mais pas le chauffage ! non !... ça se les pelait mêle-menu, le chauffage, pas une couverture, coton, les bouillottes, nib... attendez les voir venir, ah! les engelures! les bronchites! tous!... ni l'électricité !... les ténèbres en veux-tu-m'outre, qu'il y avait... vous y voir... et pas un flacon, le chauffage! vache!... pendant ce temps l'esprit, il vaguifolait comme un pet sur une patinoire... il faisait pas chaud à Copenhague, mais là... ma doué!...
>>
>>7972458
Borges is just a Brazilian Lovecraft lacking any of the things that made Lovecraft great.
>>
>>7972616
>seems postmodern
mongoloid ... quit using terms you don't understand

ps: it's Ezra Pound
>>
>>7972857
Congratulations - you won the dumbest post of the day award!
>>
>>7972640

it is original mimicry
>>
>>7972867

Ezra Pound wrote postmodern poetry, you fucking asshole.
>>
>>7973518
please explain to me how any of Ezra Pound's poems display postmodern thought or form
>>
>>7973518

Surely you mean Ezra Pound wrote modernist poetry
>>
>>7972652
Ernest Cline
>>
As God awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into a gigantic creator.
>>
>>7973911
>And then... HE CREATED LIGHT! AHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>7972711
Alan go home, you're drunk. Again
>>
>>7971400
It surely sounds like pound
>>
>>7972541
good stuff
>>
>>7972541
No shit desu
>>
So where was God anyhow? This earth, that heaven, all a goddamn mess. I swear, when I walked around in it all I stubbed my toe sixteen times and not one time less, not one time more. I was told he was here. Goddamn. Maybe he was and I just couldn't see him because he left the light bulb burnt out a while. Some great exchange of emotion some philosophers will say. I don't say much about it though, if you really want to know.

The truth is he just does things as he wants them. It's no miracle or mystery. The preacher always says, "it's a miracle" or "God works in mysterious ways". I never saw nothing mysterious about flipping on a switch and having that overhead light up the room. The goddamn man could have gave me a warning. He nearly gave me a damn seizure flipping that thing on and off fourteen times. I didn't know what to think if you want to really know. Not a thing for a thought.

He started the bath and just let the water run over. Some separation metaphor some lazy writer came up with to explain an unimportance to important people so they could pass it down to the poor while passing around a money gatherer. A waste of water if you ask me. The place looked just fine all nice and simple.

He spilled some fertilizer all over the damn floor while carrying a few ferns towards a heat lamp all fancy with brand-naming in chrome to impress the neighbors I suppose. I asked to clean the mess up because a mess like that bothers me. He said he was spreading the earth on a wasteland. I swear, he said shit like that all the time.

He worked and worked making this damn apartment all nice and fancy. Unexpectedly he wanted Sunday off and said just relax and be thankful. Thankful for what? I still had to get by brother to pay him after all not that it hurt his Hollywood pocket. Big films and big money and big problems with me. He wasn't smart, that landlord. A Mexican though. You don't see many Mexican landlords it's like the country don't like them. A bunch of phonies if you want to know. I don't know if he was smart either. He spelled his name like Jesus but he said it like Gee-Zus. I always thought it was Hay-Zeus, you know? Everyone is a Goddamn phony. I missed him though so I thought about it and walked around the new place talking to him all day even though he wasn't there. Goddamn.
>>
>>7974458
Thought it was Bukowski until "phony". Badly played, sir.
>>
>>7974513

It was a mix of Bukowski, Salinger, and DeLillo.
>>
>>7967615
Douglas Adams? Could also pass for Dave Barry
>>
>>7974998
It's basically a paraphrase of the opening lines of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
>>
>>7967399
kékkek
>>
>>7966639
Go to bed, Tom.
>>
>>7971234
This is so obviously Kafka
>>
File: pepeok.jpg (10 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
pepeok.jpg
10 KB, 225x225
>>7966194
Beautiful
>>
>>7973518
>Ezra Pound wrote postmodern poetry

wew lad
>>
>>7972849
Pas aussi fort que Monsieur Grangeard, pour être desu
>>
File: carthago.jpg (234 KB, 1783x2048) Image search: [Google]
carthago.jpg
234 KB, 1783x2048
>>7967755

ITT: Copy and paste Voluspa with no context and bask in neckbeard LoTRcuck obscurity
>>
Aujourd'hui, Dieu créé les cieux et la terre. Ou peut-être hier, je ne sais pas.
>>
>>7969339
Vonnegut?
>>
>>7972551
TLDR just by names alone it looks like Dostoyevsky
>>
>>7975440
Albert Camus first line of the Stranger.
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 600x410) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 600x410
>>7971943
nabbed it
>>
>>7976046
Well done. It was the only name that came to mind.
>>
Shit began
>>
By my anus and beard. I think i just farted an universe out...
>>
File: Acm01Xvb.jpg (20 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
Acm01Xvb.jpg
20 KB, 160x160
ITT: Rewrite Genesis 1 using an author's style that you'd like to see be used for a rewriting of Genesis 1, though not necessarily your favorite author because his writing style might not be so interesting when used to rewrite Genesis 1

FTFY
>>
>>7966188
Lord Timothy Dexter?
>>
>>7966188
Is this Middle English?
>>
File: Capture1.png (6 KB, 395x315) Image search: [Google]
Capture1.png
6 KB, 395x315
>>7965881

'First He made the Earth, and the space all around it, but it was empty so He filled it with light, and darkness, and plants and all the animals, and he made some of the animals look like he looked.' This is the story Kilgore Trout typed out onto his page, a science fiction story he knew was too absurd to even receive approval for publication in the magazines he hoped to sell it to.
poo tee weet!
>>
>>7966491
dank

consider hiding a message referencing a Minotaur next time
>>
>>7976354
Ha! You nailed that HACK's ass to the wall!
>>
>>7966336
>Wittgenstein
>favorite author
Kill yourself my man
>>
>>7976391
I wasn't trying to be condescending about it, I really do like Vonnegut

His writing is just succinct, humanist, and self referential
throw in a crude doodle and that really does cover a lot of his style
>>
So I walked back to my cave and collapsed on my dirt, thinking that if people were rain, I was drizzle and Eve was a great flood.
>>
>>7971093
nope, refer to >>7966255 for a somewhat better example of the same passage.
>>
>>7976393
See
>>7976278
>>
>>7976693
>the bible is misogynistic
>>
File: milk-435295_960_720.png (209 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
milk-435295_960_720.png
209 KB, 960x640
>>7965881
At the beginning of this fruitful story, long before me your lovely and humble narrator, the big gob upstairs said "Letith their be lightith"; and at that the heavens flew with bright colors, oh my brothers.
>>
Said, God did, "let there be Crest Complete"; and it was beeg.
>>
>>7976819
Laurence Sterne
>>
>>7976848
Antony Burgess, ACWO specifically.
>>
Earth was born today. Or yesterday, I don't remember. God's mysterious plan to create earth and all life on it was as curious to me as the fruit which he planted in the garden. God said to me one day: "You may eat all of the fruit in this garden, you may go wherever you please. But you may not eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge."

I went for a walk. The garden was lush and green. I felt the clear winds in my hair, I saw the animals God had made retreating from my lonesome presence. I was alone. I suppose I didn't mind that either.

I slept on the shores of a stream, curling my body tightly into itself. The simple grit on my cheeks and rushing of the cool stream rocked me to sleep, and hunger awoke me.

But when I awoke, I found I was not alone. A woman lay there beside me. Her name was Eve. We made sweet and passionate love by the stream. At passions end, when the two of us sagged into each others arms, I decided to go for a walk. She asked me where I was going and I said to her that I was just taking a stroll. Eve asked if I loved her, to which I replied "I suppose."

The sun was enormously hot on that day. I slugged about the garden, not sure destination nor the purpose of the sun. I shut my eyes and could see the pink skin underneath. I spent perhaps an hour under the baking sun with my eyes shut, drifting between waking and dreaming. I opened my eyes and saw the sun had crept down. I was hungry, the nearest fruit-bearing tree was The Forbidden Tree of Knowledge. Why should fruit be forbidden? What consequence was it that I should eat of it?

I plucked an apple off the tree and bit into it. It was like munching three times on the door of happiness.

All at once I felt the wind swirling around in a tempest. A familiar voice boomed from the trees. "Adam, why have you eaten from the forbidden tree?" It asked. I took another bite and shrugged, saying that I was hungry.

The voice cried out in anger. "For this sin, you and your wife are henceforth BANISHED from this place, never to return to this garden."

I decided on a nap, for the day was late and my belly was full.
>>
I suppose it would be best to start at the beginning. Pas de commencement sans fin. God was known as fine gentleman, if of somewhat mixed parentage—being to some an Elohim of Judaic proselytizing variety or rather a Babylonian ardent, sinful conglomeration. But none of what I’m about to tell you, gentleman of the jury, would be possible without Him (capital ‘H’ to keep the smiling Witnesses of Jehovah at my door from being moody).
With the honey of spasm, God had strolled into existence the very stomping-ground of the aurochs and seraphim—that is, heaven and earth Themselves. Monsieur, it was as spellbinding as a one-eyed Abyssinian juju seer, though that analogy may be a little pagan for my esteemed audience. Florid and beetle-browed, this hovering Prince Diety now calling into his drawing room Light, and then, of course, there was Light. This went on for some time, nearly a whole gay week of this cavalcade of light and formation, until finally God created you and I, gentleman of the Jury.
And so Jehovah rested on the seventh day, but something was still eating him up at the back of his mind. Some quintessential part of creation, some backbone for the backboneless man wandering about with his sex visible was missing from God’s garden of Earthly Delights. That exquisite creature he was soon to create, was the nymphet.
>>
>>7976962
you can always count on a c/lit/ for a fancy prose style
>>
>>7976962
Not bad, maybe even good. In fact, I don't think you needed to use the keywords.
>>
>>7971956
It's Ayn Rand my man
>>
The day of the land-rising is upon us. God is waiting for the day to begin while he looks around the waters.
"Let there be light" he says.
"I don't know if there's any light to be," says Adam.
"Why is there so much darkness? isn't it strange that darkness comes before light"
"I worry about our daughter sometimes."
"I worry about the economy." The car rolled up the driveway and stopped in front of the house.
What influence does God have over the American landscape anymore? He used to think that there was some hope left for the power of deities. Now he knew that he had no chance of creating anything meaningful in a world of human beings.
>>
>>7975437
The very first post in the thread is a pasted from Paradife Loft. Those posts are pleb-baits.
>>
>>7966639
Zany with depth. Love it.

>>7967399
Great imitation.
>>
>>7972711
Watts without a doubt.
>>
>>7965881

I'll just pretend I left a picture of the Kabbalahistic tree of life here.
>>
Darkness found Him hovering above the water, creating. Every creation was separated from the one before, and more easily seen as good.By the time the moon came up, He was creating the fourth day. The more he said, the more he created, and the more he created, the more He saw that it was good, and his seeing it being good sent Him howering back to bless it. When he stopped creating at last, God did not know whether He was strong enough not to make the Sabbath.
>>
>>7965919
wow
>>
File: The Genesis in Modern English.png (345 KB, 443x1347) Image search: [Google]
The Genesis in Modern English.png
345 KB, 443x1347
>>7965881
>>
It was the beginning and God casted, let there be light,
and light came to be, illuminating what was unseen; an eternal river, the spirit of god hovered over, surveying the canvas of his empty universe
>>
>>7972408
This need more footnotes.
>>
>>7967485
which one is that?
>>
>>7982715
Brilliant.
>>
>>7967673
Lewis Carroll?
>>
>>7965881
retarded frog fags >>>/r9k/
>>
>>7972711
Nice
>>
>>7965881
Sorry for not english but I have no idea how he sounds in translation.

Così Dio creò il cielo e la terra. La terra era bruciata, scottante nelle sue insenature e gonfiori. Nella parte più alta della terra stava la capanna di Toni, detto il cinta, che gestiva la parte di collina a terrazze da lui. Qui venivano tutti i gragnoli a lavorare a commessa, a giornata, per così dire, che si guadagnavano quella piccola parte di pane a loro spettante sudando e bestemmiando sotto al sole cocente. C'era un certo odore di pini, nell'aria, una vaga fragranza che mi rimandava alla mia terra; ai colori di quelle colline spente, al bruciare dei falò nelle sagre di tutti paesi - da Caltamaro fino a Cosenna; e poi giù per la vale del Coli, fra le stradine disperse nelle nebbia del pomeriggio...
>>
>>7971206
Giving Pynchon money isn't some new concept
>>
>>7971747
Another Kafka
>>
>>7972857
>Brazilian
Would have been credulous bait; mustn't include factual inconsistencies.
>>
>>7976861
I feel it
>>
>>7976880
It was Eve who ate the apple first you heathen
>>
>>7967399
A+
>>
>>7977774
Is it that donny d my man?
>>
>>7968616
I have to say this is the legit funniest thing I've read in quite a while.
>>
File: dr seuss.jpg (40 KB, 290x290) Image search: [Google]
dr seuss.jpg
40 KB, 290x290
>>7967673
>>
File: rand.jpg (22 KB, 200x244) Image search: [Google]
rand.jpg
22 KB, 200x244
>>7967888
>>
>>7975463
yup
>>
>>7965881

Born like this
Into this
As the chalk faces smile
As Mrs. Death laughs
As the elevators break
As political landscapes dissolve
As the supermarket bag boy holds a college degree
As the oily fish spit out their oily prey
As the sun is masked
We are
Born like this
Into this
Into these carefully mad wars
Into the sight of broken factory windows of emptiness
Into bars where people no longer speak to each other
Into fist fights that end as shootings and knifings
Born into this
Into hospitals which are so expensive that it's cheaper to die
Into lawyers who charge so much it's cheaper to plead guilty
Into a country where the jails are full and the madhouses closed
Into a place where the masses elevate fools into rich heroes
Born into this
Walking and living through this
Dying because of this
Muted because of this
Castrated
Debauched
Disinherited
Because of this
Fooled by this
Used by this
Pissed on by this
Made crazy and sick by this
Made violent
Made inhuman
By this
The heart is blackened
The fingers reach for the throat
The gun
The knife
The bomb
The fingers reach toward an unresponsive god
The fingers reach for the bottle
The pill
The powder
We are born into this sorrowful deadliness
We are born into a government 60 years in debt
That soon will be unable to even pay the interest on that debt
And the banks will burn
Money will be useless
There will be open and unpunished murder in the streets
It will be guns and roving mobs
Land will be useless
Food will become a diminishing return
Nuclear power will be taken over by the many
Explosions will continually shake the earth
Radiated robot men will stalk each other
The rich and the chosen will watch from space platforms
Dante's Inferno will be made to look like a children's playground
The sun will not be seen and it will always be night
Trees will die
All vegetation will die
Radiated men will eat the flesh of radiated men
The sea will be poisoned
The lakes and rivers will vanish
Rain will be the new gold
The rotting bodies of men and animals will stink in the dark wind
The last few survivors will be overtaken by new and hideous diseases
And the space platforms will be destroyed by attrition
The petering out of supplies
The natural effect of general decay
And there will be the most beautiful silence never heard
Born out of that.
The sun still hidden there
Awaiting the next chapter.
>>
>>7969376
hemingway
>>
>>7971660
cormac
>>
File: Bukowski.jpg (14 KB, 286x289) Image search: [Google]
Bukowski.jpg
14 KB, 286x289
>>7984678
very well done
>>
>>7983222
A really half-assed William Gibson.
>>
>>7965881
ey huck, didn't dun gawd dun make da heavens n erf? ye he dun did, jim, it say so in gensis, in da bahble.
shucks
>>
File: SC.jpg (22 KB, 220x304) Image search: [Google]
SC.jpg
22 KB, 220x304
>>7984772
>>
>>7984777
OH SHIT TRIPS OF WIN
>>
>>7971664
Camus?
>>
>>7967438
Basically this. Goddamn I love Milton.
>>
I know he's a meme Vietnam shit but someone do a Kolsti Nguyen parenthetical version
>>
What is light?—Whatever springs from the feeling of creation, the will of creation.
What is darkness?—Whatever causes boredom.
The botched and the traitorous shall become outcasts: first principle of our creativity. And one should assist them to it.
The problem that I postulated here is not what shall replace God in the order of deities (—God is a cause—): but what type of creation must be brought into existence, must be willed, as being the most valuable, the most worthy of existence, the most secure guarantee of the apocalypse. For this a division of Sky and Sea is but the prerogative.
Creation certainly do not mean an evolution toward a better or stronger or higher level, as creating is now understood. This “creating” is merely a modern idea, which is to say, a false idea. The Eden resident of today, in its essential worth, falls far below the resident of the day before; thus the process of creativity does not necessarily mean elevation, enhancement, strengthening.
We should not elevate and embellish creation: it has waged a war to the death against the more elevated type of creature, it has coerced all of its best instincts with its causes (“God,” “creation,” “knowledge", “life” “free will”—or even “unfree”).
The most lamentable example: the corruption of Man, who believed that his innocence had been destroyed by the snake, whereas it was actually destroyed by Creation!—
>>
File: Frog_Getsuju.jpg (57 KB, 320x599) Image search: [Google]
Frog_Getsuju.jpg
57 KB, 320x599
>>7965881

blue heaven green earth
in silence and emptiness
sixth day restfulness
>>
>>7966639
Pynchon? Is that you?
>>
>>7976880
No arabs in eden
>>
File: 1461406826141.jpg (20 KB, 385x278) Image search: [Google]
1461406826141.jpg
20 KB, 385x278
>>7971717
oh ffs
>>
>>7982715
yeah, but without referential notation its shit
>>
There is a comfortable kind of consistency in this kind of start to things, because that's the way all the rest of it was written. From Genesis 1 to Revelations 22:13 – on pages from animal husbandry to sinful clothes – there is hardly a paragraph in this jangled saga that wasn't produced in a last-minute, teeth-grinding frenzy. There was never enough time. Every deadline was a crisis. All around me were experienced angels and prophets meeting deadlines far more frequent than mine, but I was never able to learn from their example. Seraphim like Gabriel from the high brass and that bastard Abaddon, for instance, had to create long, detailed, and relatively complex miracles every day – while my own deadline fell every two weeks – but neither one of them ever seemed in a hurry about getting their work done, and from time to time they would try to console me about the terrible pressure I always seemed to be laboring under.

Any 100-denarii-an-hour psychiatrist could probably explain this problem to me, in 13 or 14 sessions, but I don't have time for that. No doubt it has something to do with a deep-seated personality defect, or maybe a kink in whatever blood vessel the Old Man made lead into the pineal gland . . . On the other hand, it might easily be something as simple & basically perverse as whatever instinct it is that causes a jackrabbit to wait until the last possible second to dart across the road in front of a speeding car.

And so much for all that. The point I meant to make here – before we wandered off on that tangent about jack-rabbits – is that everything was created under savage deadline pressure in the traveling vortex of a big bang so confusing and unpredictable that not even the participants claimed to know what was happening.
>>
>>7971763
I didn't read Push but it seems just like the weird chapter in Infinite Jest.
Wardine say her momma ain't treat her right.
S H U L G S P A H
>>
In the beginning, as universe was waking up from anxious dreams, he discovered that in bed he had been changed into heaven and earth. He lay on dry land Earth and saw, as he lifted his Heaven up a little, his waters divided up into waters below and above the firmament. From this height the blanket, just about ready to slide off into void completely, could hardly stay in place. His numerous grass, and herbs yielding seed after their kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind, flickered helplessly before his eyes.
>>
>>7971717
Kek'd hard
>>
>>7971717
My sides
>>
>>7984718
Thanks senpai.
>>
>>7984834
fuck off kolsti, get back to growing up you babby-ass chink
Thread replies: 235
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.