[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Any thoughts on this? How does it compare to the rest of his oeuvre?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: 416Zq07EtoL.jpg (28 KB, 325x500) Image search: [Google]
416Zq07EtoL.jpg
28 KB, 325x500
Any thoughts on this? How does it compare to the rest of his oeuvre?
>>
>>8294482
>reading nonwhites

Ugh
>>
>>8294482
I read the first two parts, then I droped it.

Just could not handle even one more making of ''simple meal'' in it. And then he made simple meal of blaabblbla he went home and then made simple meal, they ate simple meal of!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAA¤T9dfdngi

The whole book is just fucking beans and tofu.
>>
>>8294504
I like beans and tofu
>>
>>8294532
Then the book is 7/5 for you :^)
>>
>>8294504
I went to the Yale University bookstore and bought and read a copy of "1Q84." I suffered a great deal in the process. The writing was dreadful; the book was terrible. As I read, I noticed that every time a character got something to eat, the author wrote instead that the character "made a simple meal." I began marking on the back of an envelope every time that phrase was repeated. I stopped only after I had marked the envelope several dozen times. I was incredulous. Murakami's mind is so governed by cliches and dead metaphors that he has no other style of writing.
>>
>>8294557
kek'd
>>
>>8294482
I thought it was awful, and it's my least favorite novel he wrote. Even worse than Kafka on the Shore.
>>
>>8294557
now this is what i'm talking about
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.