[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else feel sort of annoyed by paperback books? They
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
Does anyone else feel sort of annoyed by paperback books? They wouldn't be so bad if there wasn't an incredible alternative known as hardcover. The problem though, is that hardcover is usually much more expensive and out of print. So, if you want a first edition of on the heights of despair or gravity's rainbow in hard cover, you have yo pay hundreds (I have a hardcover copy of heights of despair haha). Both of those pale in comparison with the god tier of leather bound books.
>>
>>8293948
Fuck off Lucy
>>
>>8293948
What exactly is the problem, lass.
You never said anything about why you dislike paperbacks.
>>
>Does anyone else feel sort of annoyed by paperback books?

No? I find the flexibility of paperback is much more convenient, especially for pocket-size novels. Of course, there's going to be wear and tear, but that's a given. If you're particularly concerned about the condition of a book's cover, you can always rebind it.
>>
>>8293978
They wear too easily, they don't feel as heavy and substantial in my hands.
>>
>>8293996
>wear too easy
good, break that shit in. snap the spine, bend the cover. it's a book, not a child.

I only get hardcovers of books that are important to me, other than that I prefer paperbacks that can fit in my pocket
>>
>>8294014
>I prefer paperbacks that can fit in my pocket
I can appreciate this. I'm sure mass market paperbacks are your best friend, I could imagine that being the same with me if I was always traveling around.
>>
>>8293948
you buy paperbacks to read
you buy hardcovers/leatherbounds of books youve read and loved in order to collect.
you buy an ebook reader if your life is out of control
>>
>>8293948
IMO Furries are the only people wholly beyond redemption. Being a furry means surrendering every last shred of human dignity and together with it, your very rights to life and freedom. Yiff. In. Hell. Motherfucker.
>>
>>8294048
I like cute things you dirt bag. I guarantee the world would be a better place if instead of vindictiveness of people who we see as "irredeemable" we all loved cute things.
>>
>>8294046
this, its quite simple
>>
>>8294048
This, t b h. I honestly think the world would be a better place if all the furries, otherkin, and related oxygen thieves were rounded up and exterminated.
>>
>>8294060
>>8293948

Fuck off furfag, yiff in hell
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.