[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
E-Book help for Kindle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: dance.gif (415 KB, 426x309) Image search: [Google]
dance.gif
415 KB, 426x309
I am trying to read this:

http://www.slideshare.net/CtiaCavalheiro/carlos-alberto-brilhante-ustra-a-verdade-sufocada

At my Kindle tablet, but, as you may have figured, it's an incredibly difficult task since it's a pdf with pictures, the pages are too tiny and zooming in at the kindle is very difficult because of the lag. I am wondering if there is a software made to help this somehow? Or anything that I can do? Thanks beforehand
>>
Not really. Read it in your computer or buy a tablet.
>>
Amazon is a beast that you will not defeat.
>>
Computer or tablet.

I read PDFs through the dropbox app on my iPad. For some reason I haven't yet found a major app that handles being able to zoom but still have a smooth, continuous scroll. I've tried other apps where you have to zoom out before you scroll to the next page, or there is a bit of a resistance to getting to the next page if you are zoomed in.
>>
>>8293029
>>8293034
Reading it in a tablet is quite painful to the eyes, surely I could do it but I'd rather avoid it if possible

>>8293033
Why is it Amazon's fault? It's a tablet that manipulates ink particles and costs 80%, it is expected that it won't have smooth zoom
>>
>>8293045
Then you're pretty much gonna have to print it out on dead plants, old man. Don't forget your reading glasses.
>>
>>8293022
>software made to help this somehow?
Look for "briss" and "k2pdfopt", they help resize the pages so that it's easier to read on ereaders. Small text but often OK
>>
>>8293062
>briss
That worked tons, thanks anon. Not sure if it could be better than that. Maybe some magical tool that reads the text from the pdf and converts it to e-reader comfy text but that'd be asking way too much. At least now each page of the book is its own individual entry.
>>
>>8293088
I'ts been known for ages, good luck.
>>
>>8293090
What's been known for ages? The briss tool, or the dark truth that the book proposes to reveal?
>>
>>8293088
>reads the text from the pdf and converts it to e-reader comfy text
If your pdf already has selectable text, you can try the Calibre conversion with the re-flow "unwrap" heuristic processing option. I've had decent results a couple times.
If it's just pictures... it's called OCR software, transcribes them as characters. Results depend on the font, scan quality etc.
>>
>>8293113
just remember to crop page numbers, shit is distracting
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.