[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any book that will help me stop being so indecisive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: 1449826527017.jpg (167 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
1449826527017.jpg
167 KB, 1152x864
Is there any book that will help me stop being so indecisive?

It's become a serious problem in my life. I'm completely paralyzed by it and my life has completely stagnated. Whenever I dedicate myself to something, there's always this nagging frustration i'm wasting my time going down the wrong path, so I always just end up back to square one -- sat here alone in my room twiddling my thumbs, fantasizing about what could have been and what could be.
>>
Siddhartha is a pretty good book about carving your own path.
>>
Atlas Shrugged
>>
The Defining Decade seems to be on the issue you're describing. Started on it, but haven't gotten around to finishing it, but if I remember correctly (it's been a while), the gist of it is just to pick something and go for it. It's alright if you end up not liking the path you chose, but having started, you may come up on to other opportunities you would not have had otherwise, and those can lead to other sets of opportunities, and so on, until you eventually land on something you like.
>>
>>8292850
Just read Hamlet
>>
>>8292901
>liking anything

What a stupid, puerile book.
>>
>>8292913
Right. Listen to this guy, OP. Do what you hate for a living.
>>
>>8292904
A hunnid percent this.

Authority is always where you believe it to be. Become an actor so that you can act, everyone must since honesty is not a valued trait rather an exploited one, so you might as well do it in the best way imaginable.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.