[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
About 2 years ago, I read and thoroughly enjoyed the first 4
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: TDT.jpg (84 KB, 453x700) Image search: [Google]
TDT.jpg
84 KB, 453x700
About 2 years ago, I read and thoroughly enjoyed the first 4 books of the Dark Tower series, especially The Drawing of the Three and Wizard and Glass. Something came up and I wasn't able to continue the series at the time, and then I heard that the quality takes a pretty steep nosedive off a cliff starting with the next book, losing my motivation. Is the rest of the series worth reading? I've already been slightly spoiled with the ending.
>>
not worth it at all. really really bad.
>>
Might as well see the thing through to the end, man. I had the whole ending spoiled for me, I knew the books dipped in quality, and I still finished them, and I don't regret it. There are some cool parts, some dumb parts, and some parts that are completely out of place. Stephen King really changed after he got hit by that van, he rushed to get this particular series done and it shows. But I recommend finishing for the sake of closure. You should especially read it now before the movie shits all over the source material.
>>
File: thetower.jpg (45 KB, 395x599) Image search: [Google]
thetower.jpg
45 KB, 395x599
>>8291653
First book was GOAT and should've stayed that way, not fucking stupid magical black lady and spider offspring
>>
No. I read the series when I was 14-15 ten years ago. I loved the first four, especially book 1 and book 4. Everything goes downhill after that. It's really fucking bad. From the self insert to the Harry Potter shit to the autistic kid who literally uses a eraser to win the final battle
>>
>>8291706
Did King take a page from Death note and expect it to work out?
>>
There's already a thread for manchild plebs. Stay in it.
>>
File: image.jpg (41 KB, 664x520) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41 KB, 664x520
>>8291730
Stay mad double-autist. I'm sure there's a thread for you and your social frustration as well.
>>
>>8291730
I feel like you're the same autistic poster who leaves only one comment in every thread
>>
>>8291737
>>8291741

To your manchild fiction thread and stay there.
>>
>>8291758
>My high school made me read Of Mice and Men and I had to pay attention to it and get good grades or my parents wouldn't buy me my vidya games and chicken nuggies

>I am truly an enlightened master

Nah dude, I think I'll go where I please.
>>
>>8291790

You're typing a lot of useless shit when you could just go to the fantasy thread and be accepted by your fellow plebs there.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.