[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>So is there any other female even close to her level of writing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2924x3994) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2924x3994
>So is there any other female even close to her level of writing?

Been thinking about reading The Waves recently, is it really as good as they say?
>>
File: meow.gif (875 KB, 375x209) Image search: [Google]
meow.gif
875 KB, 375x209
>>8290925
When I'm asked about female writers and all i can say is VW, I feel it's kinda wannabe, because there are obviously more female writes than her. But once I go, think about it and reread such a masterpiece like the waves, I remember why she gets all the credit. So, in response to your questions, I have to add this ¿is literature really for women?
>>
Austen and Rossetti are god tier and, in america, the best female writers are Dickinson and Henry James.
Never cared for Woolf tbqh, her works are full of vulgar cliches
>>
>>8290925
Lear how to greentext woolfposter
>>
>>8291260
>James
>female
>>
File: fuckyou.gif (2 MB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
fuckyou.gif
2 MB, 256x256
>>8291260
You dickhead are surely the type of pseudo-intellectual who has barely read some Twilight and that sort of shit. Haven't you considered that the things you see as clichés in her work were originally created by her, and copied by the "writers" you share Facebook images about?
>>
>>8291260
>henry james
w-what
>>
File: 1513515.jpg (76 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
1513515.jpg
76 KB, 450x338
>mfw I found out Woolf and Katherine Mansfield wrote to eat other shyly expressing their love for each others works

cute asf
>>
File: 1467177107125.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1467177107125.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
Betty Smith might not have incredible prose but she's an extremely good story teller. Check her out.
>>
Flannery "burn in hell" O'Connor
>>
>>8291329
>Haven't you considered that the things you see as clichés in her work were originally created by her,
This is the response I get every time I point out cliches in a writer's work. Read more and you'll see that she's anything but original. Austen is actually far more original.
>>
>>8291260
>Woolf
>vulgar clichés
literal fighting words

anyways, George Eliot is God-tier as well as >>8291501
>>
>>8290925
>female
>her
Ooh funny op
>>
>>8291260
>henry james
i chuckled
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.