[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Memes All the Way Down
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: jf.jpg (9 KB, 190x265) Image search: [Google]
jf.jpg
9 KB, 190x265
Just a few general questions on anarchy and revolution from a faglord here

I guess technically I should address /pol/ but let's be honest I don't want to lose more brain cells than I already have.

How is anarchy (or the revolutionary ideals that inevitably lead up to a state of anarchy) different than other ideology? I shack up with the Solzhenitsyn critique that ideology has skullfucked the modern polis into being a shit storm of "means justifies the ends" oppression. How can anarchy not end up like this? My general thoughts are the truistic claim that mostly cults of personality that spring up around revolutionary figures are to blame for skewing revolutionary regimes into some autocratic or oligarchic form of government. But betting on that being the only problem with
"the revolution" is a thick bet.

Also, my general train of thought with anarchy is along the lines that it will remove power from the hands of the oppressor, eliminate private property which allows for a definite capital power over another, and democratize fulfillment of capabilities as things would be in an idealized "state of nature," i.e., a state without the foreign imposition of law or the demand of capital productivity. So, yay, sounds intuitively good. But who's to say that in this state free of the oppressive powers (the powers that do, in fact, aim for and secure peace in some semblance, following Hardt's logic) that some other form of oppression will arise. And, in fact, this might be even scarier or more oppressive because it's not concentrated oppression as is implied in "the law" (where you could just lash out at the judicial system or whatever). tl;dr, Who's to say that in an anarchic state, men won't tend toward forming militias to reimpose private property with an even more brutal force? My initial reaction is to say that these militias would just kill each other out, and people would quickly realize that killing or attempting to monopolize property is ultimately more harmful for all parties involved than good. But, again, that's an idealistic bet.

Keep in mind that all of the evils these questions could yield are to be compared to the evils produced by an oligarchic control of capitalism. That's what's really doing me for a woozy because fuck if I know which is more evil: hoping that everyone will cooperate while armed factions run amok in the streets for a (again, hopefully,) brief period of time; or, knowing that a vast majority of individuals will never have the opportunity to pursue the fulfillment of their capabilities because the powers that be have their testicles in a vice grip with bills to pay, jobs to work, ends to meet, etc.

P.S. Can we please not let this descend into a Hobbes vs. Rousseau argument? Both didn't know jack shit about a true "state of nature" seeing as how all of their evidence was derived from bullshit, half-assed anthropology or mere speculation.
>>
> But, again, that's an idealistic bet.

You answered all of your own questions there, bud.
>>
gtfo fedora tipper
>>
Go read Emma Goldman and come back.
>>
>I shack up with the Solzhenitsyn critique that ideology has skullfucked the modern polis into being a shit storm of "means justifies the ends" oppression.

I think you mean 'ends justify the means'. If an anarchist society is so much the better, then I think in this instance they do.

>Who's to say that in an anarchic state, men won't tend toward forming militias to reimpose private property with an even more brutal force?

Because in a society where production is in common, if I attempt to establish ownership over my own patch of it I am automatically cutting myself off from the rest of the economy. Good luck getting food, medicine or luxury goods.
>>
>>8290508
Yeah ignore my asinine mix-up.

V insightful (everything always feels ironic when im posting on this board, but, really, i mean it).Thanks anon. Today, you were cool.
>>
Exchange-value and property comes into existence only with the circulation of commodities. "Anarchy" doesn't make any sense to me as long as the commodity form exists. Property in the legal sense can only whiter away as the productive relations of society changes. The problem with the feudal form of property to capitalists wasn't its origin in conquest or force but its immobility and inalienability.
>>
I feel like Stirner should have a beak.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.