[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What books give you a lust for life and urge you to live life
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: man-on-mountain.jpg (106 KB, 800x533) Image search: [Google]
man-on-mountain.jpg
106 KB, 800x533
What books give you a lust for life and urge you to live life to the fullest?
>>
>>8290082
Probably Nietzsche - Beyond Good and Evil.
>>
Atlas shrugged
>>
>>8290082
Don Quixote
>>
anything by Walter Scott
>>
>>8290776
>>
BK
>>
Musashi by Eiji Yoshikawa
>>
confessions of a mask
>living for da boi puss
>>
>>8290082
Torah
>>
If that man truly felt a lust for life why then did he need not only to photograph it but to share this photograph with others? This is how spooks are born kid. Proceed with caution.
>>
>>8292977

Develop further
>>
>>8292977

>Implying lust for life and lust for social recognition are mutually exclusive

I understand the backlash impression management has in the facebook generation, but entirely dismissing it is as folly as letting it rule your life.
>>
Living is keeping the absurd alive. It is a constant confrontation between man and his own obscurity. It is an insistence upon an impossible transparency. It challenges the world anew every second.

To impoverish that reality whose inhumanity constitutes man's majesty is tantamount to impoverishing him himself. I understand then why the doctrines that explain everything to me also debilitate me at the same time. They relieve me of the weight of my own life, and yet I must carry it alone.

It is essential to die unreconciled and not of one's own free will.
>>
>>8290812
I would like to read one of his Waverley novels but I know very little about them. Are they worth reading?
>>
>>8293041

Your thoughts or from a another autor?
>>
>>8293070

-Albert Camus, The Myth of Sisyphus

good shit. Ordered it after another memester on /lit/ suggested it to me. It's a bit of an effort to read, but once you grasp his explanation of absurdism it is well worth the read.
>>
>>8293079
Okay, will look into it. The only thing I read from Camus was "L'Etranger" back in highschool.
>>
>>8293091
Cool. Stranger is next on my list. I skimmed it in high school but I'm glad to give it an actual chance this time around while knowing a bit more about Camus. Myth is good but it requires a bit of thought into understanding his arguments. You certainly don't need an autistic base with le greeks or anything, but it isn't an easy non-fiction IMO. I've only been reading about 20 pages at a time.
>>
>>8293101
Do you think it'd be hard to read in French if my French isn't that great? L'Etranger and other fiction works okay but I figure a philosophical essay won't be as easy.
I assume you read it in English, how was the language though?
>>
>>8293063
start with Guy Mannering. they are absolutely worth reading

others will urge it more convincingly than I can:
http://www.cse.dmu.ac.uk/~mward/gkc/books/Twelve_Types.txt
ctrl-F "The Position of Sir Walter Scott"
>>
>>8290082
Accounts of great real life expeditions and other achievements does this for me. Pic related is a good one. Others that come to mind are Annapurna by Herzog, Thor Heyerdahl's stuff, and so on.
>>
>>8293579
Forgot the pic, of course
>>
>>8290082
The bible desu
>>
Sylvain Tesson famalam
>>
IDK about books, but Louie sure does it for me.
Shame he doesn't write to write.
>>
>>8290187

If you think Nietzsche argued in favour of an 'Eternal Yea', then you glossed over, did not read, or did not understand, one of the most important passages in Thus Spoke Zarathustra.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.