[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could the story have been told in one novel of reasonable publishing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 8uk-children-thomas-taylor.jpg (126 KB, 742x649) Image search: [Google]
8uk-children-thomas-taylor.jpg
126 KB, 742x649
Could the story have been told in one novel of reasonable publishing size?
How would you do it?
>>
>>8289569
Yeah, probably
>>
What's reasonable about making less money?
>>
>>8289569
>fourth cover
That's the ugliest dragon I've ever seen. It looks like an old, naked man with a cheap halloween mask on.

What's wrong with HP covers? Why does it always look like they're trying to make them as shitty as possible? It's the best selling series of all times, hire some decent artist ffs.
>>
>Harry is 16
>The school letters were burned by his folks, but he gets to enroll because fucken harry potter mang, and nobody yet knows he's a self-obsessed cunt
>He's far behind the others but scrapes by
>Mix philosophers stone and Goblet of fire to have them revive Voldemort with the stone
>Cut guild of phoenix, sirius, quidditch, fucking time machine and the wizard tournament bs
>Volbeat takes over school, Snape snipes dumbbell, Harry escapes with Ron and Hermione
>There's only like 3 hocruxes and they bust them in ministry and school instead of sitting in da woods for 6 months (lmao)
>Use the magic wang ex machina twist from gof to save the day instead of the retardation that was deathly hollows

Don't even need to change much, just cut fucking six books of shit.
I'm afraid this isn't enough to make it good though.
>>
The same as the first book except it ends with him defeating Voldemort and maturing in some way. Maybe by learning to get along with Snape and stop being such a piss baby.
>>
>>8289569

>missing the point this badly
>thinking fantasy is about "the story"

The reason fantasy tripe is often prolonged into a series has absolutely fucking nothing to do with plot. The reason is because its real purpose is projection and fetishism, which can be prolonged arbitrarily.
>>
>>8289704
Hey, the cover for book 3 is pretty good (as befits the best in the series)
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.