[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this our generation's Catcher In The Rye
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: MyTwistedWorld.jpg (40 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
MyTwistedWorld.jpg
40 KB, 480x360
Is this our generation's Catcher In The Rye
>>
>>8287076
No. Salinger could actually write.
>>
File: implying.jpg (25 KB, 300x425) Image search: [Google]
implying.jpg
25 KB, 300x425
>>8287084
>I M P L Y I N G
>M
>P
>L
>Y
>I
>N
>G
>>
>>8287076
if you mean an overrated meme with terrible prose, then yes
>>
>>8287092
Not him, but he can't fucking write (obviously, in the figurative "his voice is that of a generation/era" sense, not literally). If you think he's masterful or sincere or anything, you really have to experience a lot - lifewise and bookwise.
>>
>>8287104
also not the other guy, but i think he was shitting on salinger
>>
Where can I get a paperback copy of this?
>>
File: elliot.png (769 KB, 587x899) Image search: [Google]
elliot.png
769 KB, 587x899
Is his book an accurate description of the human experience?
>>
>>8288195
Don't give anyone ideas holy shit.

>>8287076
The only merit it contains is the fact the reader is fully aware that something like this, something resembling a really horribly written fiction for a high school writing contest was in fact intended to be written as an autobiographical manifesto. It doesn't actually provide any insights into Elliot's 'thinking' as his retarded youtube commenter fanbase likes to pretend, it only shows that he was unable to overcome the lowest hurdles of cognitive biases and the reader can only connect a few dots.
>>
what an idiot. he had the possibility and means to work on himself and get rid of that sick view of things, of those wicked desires and embrace the oneness that all human experience can attain.

the only twisted thing was his view not the world. he was like someone who had cracked glasses, thoguht the world was cracked itself, and tried fixing this crack by acting on the world. he never realized that all he had to do was change his glasses.
>>
>>8289237
He was mentally ill in fairness.
>>
>>8287076
Elliot Rodger is the Happa Dovstoevsky his Twisted World is Notes from the Underground for the Autism Generation
>>
>>8289257
>mentally ill

america, please.
>>
the writing is bad but in terms of cultural/social value his work outranks almost all novels published in the last 2 decades. it will be valuable, though not aesthetically impressive, reading for decades to come.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.