[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which one will it be, lit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: 1468671567222.jpg (150 KB, 726x901) Image search: [Google]
1468671567222.jpg
150 KB, 726x901
Which one will it be, lit?
>>
All memes
>>
>>8284989
Only good one is Gaddis and even that's a bit doubtful.
>>
>>8284994
suggest me a list of 5 books I should read, anon.
>>
Siddartha is super comfy. Most people here seem to hate it but you should give it a try.
>>
>>8284998
I don't know your background or personality.

Honestly, I'd recommend you read nothing, sell your computer, spend most of your day outside and fall in love with a nice girl who cares about you.
>>
Cioran is great, one of the best writers in philosophy - that's not to say his ideas aren't flawed or unsatisfying, but reading him is always a blast.
>>
>>8284999
You must be at least 18 years old to post on this website.
>>
>>8285006
Bitter, projecting basement dweller detected.
>>
>>8285011
Judging from your post I'd say that you're not older than 21 or 22. In a few years you'll look at everything a bit different. Yeah, I read that book when I was 15, doesn't mean that it's not a good book. Especially compared to all that fantasy and YA bullshit that so many people here seem to love.
>>
>>8285019
>Especially compared to all that fantasy and YA bullshit that so many people here seem to love.
no one on lit likes fantasy and YA.
>>
>>8285024
Oh sure, it's just Reddit that ruined our little community. We all came straight from /b/ to the greeks and Joyce.
>>
>>8285015
Reading is a goddamn waste of time.
>>
>>8284989
>>8284989
Giovanni's Room is amazing. I read it in one sitting without once checking my phone. Pretty rare for me.
>>
>>8285049
Everything is just filling up time until you die.
>>
>>8285006
And what am I supposed to do with and talk about with said girl, anon? How do you know I wouldn't want to date a guy? Trick question, I'd rather date a cute guy than a cute girl. Also, I don't really know what the point of having someone really intimate with, I already feel comfortable around no one and I couldn't imagine having something to talk about with even if I knew them really well. It would take a really, really, really special sort of someone for me to feel comfortable around them and love being with them, I'm waiting for that special person, that is why I can't just go out and find someone to date like some normy that is automatically comfortable with people and just finds someone awesome at one of their friends houses or some bar or something. I actually don't have the luxury of not feeling social anxiety or having a circle of friends or any friends at all, that would allow access to more people, unless I used some sort of dating app.

We're living in an increasingly more isolated time, more and more people are living lives of solitude as our culture becomes more individual and less community based. I hate to get down to personal stuff, and talk about myself a little bit here, but you must know that this is the reason that I don't participate in society, this is the reason that I spend time reading instead of going out and socializing with other people. I have never known that lifestyle, I have never experienced that sort of life, and I don't see myself changing that any time soon because some dumb ignorant cunt on a chinese basket weaving forum told me that I should just go out and start meeting people, as if it was that fucking simple. You have no idea how much I've always wanted to just get along with people, but guess what anon, I just don't get along with people very well. I suppose you have some sort of degrading comment to say to me to compensate for your own insecurity and make you feel better about yourself by putting me down now, don't you.
>>
>>8285069
I'm changing my recommendation, you have low testosterone. Hop on tren.
>>
>>8285077
I'd rather be just the way I am, thank you. It's way more fabulous. Born this way baby.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.