[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why would anyone take advice from s.o. who killed himself seriously?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: david_foster_wallace.jpg (357 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
david_foster_wallace.jpg
357 KB, 750x500
Why would anyone take advice from s.o. who killed himself seriously? Isn't that pretty much the definition of failure at life?
>>
>definition of failure at life
>life

life means nothing in long run, most people with """"full"""" and """"successful""" lives dont write masterpieces and they are soon forgotten even by their own children, while authors eternal fame lasts forever and ever
>>
Everyone dies so I guess everyone fails at life. Suicides just control when and where.
>>
Killing oneself is the ultimate form of book promotion.
>>
>>8285146
>>8286847

No.
>>
File: 1461321896399.jpg (80 KB, 600x607) Image search: [Google]
1461321896399.jpg
80 KB, 600x607
>>8284984
1+1=1
2+2=4
3+3=6
4+4=7..fuck
My latest failure now means my previous calculations are wrong.
>>
>>8288596
Holy fuck man, I need to proof read this shit. Let's just say 1+1=1 is his consumation and birth.
>>
>>8288596
>1+1=1
Bertrand Russel's only valuable contribution to philosophy was proving you wrong.
>>
>>8288596
your career should have been over with the whole 1+1 debacle
>>
>>8288596
checkmate
>>
>>8288448
No what?
>>
>>8284984
He only killed himself ironically
>>
DFW really was an idiot
he should have just sparked a fat blunt and watched dazed and confused but he fucking killed himself instead
>>
>>8290272

Just no.
>>
>>8288441
this. don't be a loser
>>
>be the smartest man who ever lived
>write the greatest book of all time, that instantly improves the lives of those who finish it, with the true cost not being money, but effort and discipline because the book is 1,000 pages and you know the pieces of shit in the world who are unworthy of your brilliance will not be able to read this entire book
>fake your death
>live the rest of your life comfy
>>
>>8291314
how does it improve your life ?
>>
File: dyziplen.png (790 KB, 927x528) Image search: [Google]
dyziplen.png
790 KB, 927x528
>>8291314
now this is shitposting
>>
yes you are right op

Im trying to be successful at life by never dying
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.