[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I stop being a pseudo-intellectual faggot? How do I read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1468270780962.jpg (64 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1468270780962.jpg
64 KB, 633x758
How do I stop being a pseudo-intellectual faggot? How do I read books and get interesting and original ideas from them? Is that even possible?
>>
Just read them and relax, dont be in a race to feel like you "get them" better than the other guy. Besides, everyone has their own unique impressions when they read a thing.
>>
>>8284514
Just remember that you don't actually know anything.
>>
>>8284514
Read the bible.
>>
>>8284514
All ideas are ultimately composites of others. Reading broader gives you a better pool from which to come up with stuff.
>>
Stop resisting what you are, pseudo-intellectual faggot.
>>
>>8284514
>OP hasn't gotten to Socrates yet
>>
>>8286006
This. Read more, watch more films, experience life more, learn more skills. Just get off of 4chan first
>>
>>8286006
Ideas aren't the at the top of the highest levels of existence.
>>
>>8284519
This completely. Read books that you want to read, and take from them what you do. Don't see what other people tell you about the book. Research the author, the time he lived in, the ideals he followed. Then apply those to your own ideas about the piece. Then, compare your take with those from actual academic critics, but never be discouraged if you disagree. If you cut yourself off from shitty armchair literature critics on the internet, you'll really be surprised at what you can come up with on your own.

You are always much smarter than you think you are.
>>
>>8286499
>You are always much smarter than you think you are.
Right on, man
>>
File: newmann.jpg (42 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
newmann.jpg
42 KB, 500x500
>>8286499
>these inspirational dubs
>>
Utilize the other part of your brain used for listening. Audiobooks and audio lectures are great, listen or watch collegiate level lectures on authors books or genres
>>
What's infinite jest about again ?
>>
>>8287078
Water
>>
>>8287078
The American condition.
>>
>>8287078
cum
>>
>>8287078
memes
>>
>>8286006
>All ideas are ultimately composites of others
But if this were true, no new ideas would be formed. No ideas would even exist, because there would have had to been the first idea.
>>
>>8287188
The first and only idea is God, anon.
>>
>>8287190
Draw your circle. Venture out. See the barrier and begin the process of life. See the structure of fear.
>>
>>8284514
read westerns
>>
>>8285928
can i upvote this?
>>
File: Infinite Tangent.png (1 MB, 932x1418) Image search: [Google]
Infinite Tangent.png
1 MB, 932x1418
>>8287078
math
>>
>>8287078
No one on 4chan has read it.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.