[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: writers that remind you of yourself. For me it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 203x249) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 203x249
ITT: writers that remind you of yourself.

For me it's Shelley - he's intelligent, idealistic and with a wicked sense of romanticism
>>
Definitely Byron - my best friend died in an accident and I couldn't save him lol
>>
Stephen King reminds me of myself- a mediocre, out of touch underachiever.
>>
>>8284187
Oh this thread again.

Would love to be a Marlowe or an Ovid, but I don't like boys.
Sadly I am a Kafka.
>>
>>8284187
Henry Miller - An anxiety ridden sexual consumer who cannot function in day to day society without an alpha female correcting him
>>
>>8284330
That's like every good and decent writer ever, they all have mommy issues, or outright disregard women as something respectable.
>>
Rupert Brook
> Good writing skills
> Bad moral skills
>>
For me it's Pessoa - a halfway schizophrenic alcoholic occultist who has never been with a woman
>>
For me it's Stirner — intelligent, nihilistic, with a wicked lack of humour.
>>
File: Schopringles.jpg (200 KB, 400x534) Image search: [Google]
Schopringles.jpg
200 KB, 400x534
Schopenhauer, even if I think that Nietzsche was closer to the 'truth' of things overall.

I was born with the soul of an irascible, thoughtful and prickly old German man.
>>
Marcel proust. Cool dude
>>
>>8284335
I respect all men who disregard women
>>
File: tips morality.png (106 KB, 318x444) Image search: [Google]
tips morality.png
106 KB, 318x444
>>8286157

>truth
>>
BS Jonhson
>Graduated with no honors and nobody cared.
>Not particularly talented. Tried to be edgy and experimental because it's the only way one could be literary.
>Unable to sell any books and full of family problems.
>Commit suicide
>Some books sell because the suicide makes it to the news
>Forever forgotten after that
>Not good enough to be remembered, not bad enough to be remembered either. Not being born wouldn't make a difference.

Doesn't matter how hard you try. If you're talentless there's nothing to be done.
>>
I quite resemble the author of my diary desu.
>>
>>8286184

disregarding women is just another (more consuming) way of acknowledging them desu
>>
>>8286607
wrong
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.