[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bakker general. The Second Apocalypse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: TGO.jpg (243 KB, 800x1175) Image search: [Google]
TGO.jpg
243 KB, 800x1175
Last: >>8270713
SPOILERS FOR THE WHOLE SERIES!

Here's the blurb:

Praised by fans and critics worldwide, R. Scott Bakker has become one of the most celebrated voices in fantasy literature. With The Great Ordeal, Bakker presents the long-anticipated third volume of The Aspect-Emperor, a series that stands with the finest in the genre for its grandiose scope, rich detail, and thrilling story.

As Fanim war-drums beat just outside the city, the Empress Anasurimbor Esmenet searches frantically throughout the palace for her missing son Kelmomas. Meanwhile and many miles away, Esmenet’s husband’s Great Ordeal continues its epic march further north. But in light of dwindling supplies, the Aspect-Emperor’s decision to allow his men to consume the flesh of fallen Sranc could have consequences even He couldn’t have foreseen. And, deep in Ishuäl, the wizard Achamian grapples with his fear that his unspeakably long journey might be ending in emptiness, no closer to the truth than when he set out.

The Aspect-Emperor series follows Bakker’s Prince of Nothing saga, returning to the same world twenty years later. The Great Ordeal follows The Judging Eye and The White-Luck Warrior, and delivers the first half of the conclusion to this epic story. Returning to Bakker’s richly imagined universe of myth, violence, and sorcery, The Aspect-Emperor continues to set the bar for the fantasy genre, reaching new heights of intricacy and meaning.

Links:

second-apocalypse.com

Questions:
1)What was your greatest revelation in TGO
2) What was the most shocking moment ?
3)Who are you rooting for?
>>
>>8283192
Thanks for the on-topic thread, R. Scott Bakker - but I've never heard of you so, like, whatever, man.

>Using /lit/ for free publicity
>Shame Shame Shame *DING DONG*
>>
>>8283219
well, book just came out, seeing as few people discuss it I decided to make this thread. Found the older one on the archives and copied it again.

I was hoping to get some discussion going since the general has become lame and repetitive of late...

If all you can do is memes, you better leave, we don't need you kind here.
>>
>>8283192

>What was your greatest revelation in TGO

based cnaiur being alive
that apparently the nonmen's progenitors killed an original god and created the hundred
also more on the nature of the no god

>What was the most shocking moment

Celmomas seeing Kellhus as he dies or Nau Cayuti being fed to the no god alternatively, Saubon's flashback as he dies for pure emotional impact

>Who are you rooting for?

Sorwell to win the Serwabowl, Mimara to become the true prophet of mankind.
>>
File: GRI APPROVED.png (61 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
GRI APPROVED.png
61 KB, 800x600
>>8283192
>>
>>8283547
Your favorite gay rape or incest scene ?
>>
>>8283618

Cnaiur raping Conphas in TTT and now Kellhus raping Proyas in TGO are top quality gay rape.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.