[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you read any homo lit?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (56 KB, 317x475) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56 KB, 317x475
Have you read any homo lit?
>>
File: 2158408860_edc0a88cac_o.jpg (69 KB, 704x1024) Image search: [Google]
2158408860_edc0a88cac_o.jpg
69 KB, 704x1024
>>8282971
I love homolit, especially the older stuff. Back when sodomy and other fun stuff was illegal, authors had rely on subtlety and allusion to get their point across, which resulted in some truly rich literature.
The sad paradox of modern gay lit is that the openness towards homosexuality has allowed writers to produce work with lower standards. Good news is that the smut's never been better.
>>
>>8283403
Any examples of the old stuff? I'm genuinely interested
>>
>>8282971
yes, A Single Man and Mrs. Dalloway are my favorites, what is with this barrage of sjw-undertoned threads tonight?

I feel like /lit/ is under the scrutiny of someine looking for reasons to complain
>>
>>8283410
The Picture of Dorian Gray is probably the most obvious example.
Mishima's work almost always has allusions to his homosexual desires, pages praising the he male from. Except for Confessions of a Mask, where the desire is explicit.
The Monk, written by Mathew Lewis in the 1700's, has the main character fall in love with a woman disguised as a male novice (dat subtext yo,) Melmoth the Wanderer by Charles Maturing is similar, but only slightly morenobvius.
>>
>>8283457
Fun fact: Maturin was Oscar Wilde's great-uncle.
>>
Didn't you post the same thread before except you said lgtb? One of my favorite books is confessions of a mask, so yeah.
>>
>>8285128
Wasn't mine but I think I did see it. It's just I finished Maurice yesterday so I was curious.
>>
Giovanni's Room is a good read.
>>
Maurice is shit. Literally Forsters worst.
>>
What's the best Forster to read, other than A passage to India?
>>
Does Shakespeare's Twelfth Night count?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.