[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thug Notes?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1
Do you guys like thug notes? I personally love it, and I've seen all the videos.
>>
Really dislike him
>>
>>8282859
Why? Is his humor not your thing?
>>
>>8282862
I don't care for his reactionary journalism
>>
>>8282864
Example?
>>
>>8282857
I find it puerile at best.
>>
>>8282857
I liked it at first, as I found it fairly amusing, but the entire web series is built around a single joke, and the humour wears thin really fucking fast, after which his obviously forced over-the-top ebonics become more grating than anything, and without the gimmick, he really has nothing else going for him, as he doesn't go into nearly enough depth when discussing the merit of literary classics, or lack thereof. This would be fine if he was simply reviewing the books, but he's not, he's attempting to explain why they're great without injecting any of his own opinion into it. Even fucking John Green does this job better over at Crash Course literature, and you and I both fucking know that they're aiming for the same demographic, so at least Green treats the books he's talking about somewhat seriously. Thug Notes no such luck.
>>
>>8283000
hold up john green into real lit? nigga ain't so bad after all
>>
>>8283013
It's weird, because in his Frankenstein video he has a borderline breakdown because Shelly at 19 shat out a novel better than anything he will ever write, and he fucking knows it.
>>
>>8283020
Huh. That actually makes me respect him slightly more
>>
>>8283020

But he doesn't try to be anything but greene himself.
>>
>>8282857

An educated Black guy using the novelty of "hood nigga speakin good lol" to get views

Race traitor
>>
I somewhat liked the first season but during the second season (the exact same time they introduced all the really awful new series) he started reviewing garbage books. The only good things he had going was nigga overviews of good books. As soon as the books aren't good then it's just embarrassing to watch.
>>
>>8283344
Race is a construct. Calm down.
>>
>>8282857
He's a stupid nigger. Nothing more needs to be said about this unfortunate pestilence.
>>
>>8283344
>race traitor
>people of certain races act as a singular unit for the good of the collective like goddamn bees
>>
>>8283000
Trips speaks the truth. I agree with this.
>>
>>8282857
This and earthling cinema are fucking cancer, its annoying as fuck that a channel has to coat their film and literature analysis with a fucking gimmick in order to make it passable. Its like they try their best to not seem pretentious but the fact that they do that shit makes them even more pretentious, specially because they say a lot of incoherent shit.
>>
Maybe I'm autistic, but that intro with the crumpling paper gets me annoyed.
>>
>>8283377
>>8283398
Hey there friends. Just wanted to let you know that you may have missed the joke.
>>
>>8282857
No because reddit is a thing
>>
>>8283458
>responds seriously to "race is a construct

I don't even know who is trolling whom anymore
>>
>>8283377
>implying
Genetic sampling has shown that humans belong to 9 distinct ancestral groups, including european, caucasian, sub-saharan african, etc etc. A number of studies have confirmed these basic groups, which much of the work done by geneticist/anthropologist L. Luca Cavalli-Sforza. His findings are summed up pretty well by The History and Geography of Human Genes (1994).

Race is a scientifically proven fact.
>>
>>8283013
He was also really into Infinite Jest.
>>
>>8283498
lots of effort in this shitpost 8/10
>>
>>8283497
Eventually it doesn't matter anymore.
>>
>>8283497
>>8283514
>"don't even know who is trolling whom anymore"
>currentyear on 4chan
reddit detected
>>
>>8283497
>>8283498
>Unironically thinking that race is the same thing as ethnicity in 2016
>>
>>8283552
>Unironically using the [current year] argument
>>
>>8283658
>Unironically caring
>>
>>8283671
>Unironically taking the time to respond to someone that he shouldn't care so much about what other people do
>>
>>8283685
>Implying I have to care to respond
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.