[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any books that gave you motivation /lit/? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1448835671108.png (75 KB, 500x332) Image search: [Google]
1448835671108.png
75 KB, 500x332
Are there any books that gave you motivation /lit/? I've been feeling pretty bad lately, jobless and wasting time, I can't bring myself to do anything.
>>
I've never seen this thread before.
>>
>>8282506
Goodnight Moon
>>
>>8282506

Consider mortality
>>
>>8282506
>I can't bring myself to do anything

That's not true.
>>
This is obviously a state of being that many 4chan users experience. I'm surprised we don't have a solid solution to the problem yet.
>>
>>8282506
Motivation ain't the kinda stuff you'll find in a book.
Motivation is more of a random spike of energy and hope that gets you moving to the point where hopefully you can keep going by yourself, like pushing a broken car.
Whenever I've needed motivation I just did meditation and started thinking about how insgnificant we are in the universe and how yet there are people who accomplished great things, people like you and me. So just kick yourself out of procastrinating and get moving. Find a job or a way to make money. Go to the library and read the entire afternoon, go to the park and start running, learn a new language, steal a bike and see how far you can get. Just start living.
>>
>>8282565

Well, the solution is to quit 4chan and, in the manner of Nike and Labeouf, just fucking do it.

So of course the solution isn't found on 4chan. That's like asking people in purgatory what to do to get to heaven.
>>
>>8282565
>>8282567
>>8282578
>>8282527

I think it's gonna get better thank you anons, I've been thinking about learning a new programming language, but I'm not sure if the online courses are online for it considering.
I just want to run towards a goal, like a good career, something like Will Smith's character in Pursuit of Happiness but I don't know how to approach that.
I think reading any good book at this point will get me into the habbit of doing stuff instead of this site.
Please what is your favorite book?
>>
>>8282599
You would enjoy any kind of poetry if you read it at heart and they will motivate you more than any other kind of literature. If you want to read a novel American Psycho is pretty entertaining and would get you some perspective about success. The old man and the sea is one of my favourite books.
>>
>>8282608
Good recs.

>>8282506
Your motivation should be the self-sufficiency and independence that come from having a steady income, but be careful that you aren't working just to fulfill some idea of "being successful" that comes from a desire for higher social value.
>>
>>8282608
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbhrIBMsK48
I'm actually on it, slowly, because I don't want to finish it, is there anything similar to this masterpice?
Also thanks for the Old man and the Sea recom.
>>8282614
What do you mean anon? Is it that I work on becoming happy in my skin too?
>>
>>8282647
Yes, that was the gist of what I was saying. It may sound trite, but you'll be much happier if you manage to do it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.