[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good female postmodern authors They have to be
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: 1436335279206.jpg (45 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1436335279206.jpg
45 KB, 640x480
What are some good female postmodern authors

They have to be postmodern because that's all I read
>>
janet memington
>>
>>8282370
Who's the cumbucket?
>>
File: elif safak.jpg (4 KB, 200x165) Image search: [Google]
elif safak.jpg
4 KB, 200x165
Pic related, Doris Lessing and Hedwig Gorski (besides Zadie) are all I've read.
>>
Emily Van Der Meme
>>
>>8282390
This
Reverse google search yielded nothing but emo shit
I'm strangely fascinated by her look
>>
>>8282448
Applemilk and some numbers (applemilk69)

Used to speak bad japanese on youtube and ended up literally cam whoring in Japan iirc.
>>
>>8282448
Her hair looks soft and kind of greasy. I bet it had a strong ineffable smell that is a mixture of faint shampoo and her natural oils. I'd very much like to run my hands through it.
>>
>>8282494
In what way is a mixture of shampoo and natural oils "ineffable"

hopeless romantic / virgin detected
>>
>>8282513
Someone's never been in love.

> that weirdly alluring smell/taste in the morning before they brush their teeth some people have
It's something you understand if you experience it.
>>
>>8282494
I know how that smells.
I want to watch her real close
>>
>>8282526
your continued description of this scent is sounding pretty darn 'effable'
>>
>>8282535
I'm talking about something else m8. You one o them salt anosics
>>
>>8282494
>>8282526
thanks
>>
Whatever happened to Oxfordgirl?
>>
>>8282622
she went to oxford
>>
>>8282370
Helen DeWitt
>>
Kathy Acker. She's like Billy Burroughs mixed with Jeanette Winterson with an aftertaste of Jean Genet.
>>
>>8282513
Because if we're you mix shampoo and natural oils in a jar it wouldn't smell the same
>>
>>8282693
so because you cannot recreate a smell it is 'ineffable'? that's not what ineffable means. the smell was easily described. it is very effable. i can give you a representation of what marijuana smells like: skunk, and you'll know what i mean. that is effable. that does not mean i can mix up some skunk juice and recreate marijuana smell.
>>
I jerked off to applemilk once

She had stubbly pits and a flabby ass. I hope she's fucking dead
>>
>>8283726
>i can give you a representation of what marijuana smells like: skunk
You fucking retard.
>>
Atwood's The Blind Assassin is postmodern-ish. Scarlett Thomas is postmodern, but not very good. There are probably a lot of younger scattered random writers who haven't written much yet. Is alt-lit po-mo? Doris Lessing, to an extent? Early postmodern, I guess -- Golden Notebook, and her later works are maybe more actively postmodern, but probably not in the way you'd want.
I really enjoy Maggie Nelson, who is definitely postmodern in spirit, but she hasn't written much non-poetry. Her three 'non-fiction' books are all fantastic. Zadie Smith. i don't know. i wish there were more.
>>
>>8283726
>i can give you a representation of what marijuana smells like: skunk,
Someone is seriously fucking with you on that score kid.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.