[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
thoughts on this? did you like it? why? why not?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 1444947334448.jpg (23 KB, 264x400) Image search: [Google]
1444947334448.jpg
23 KB, 264x400
thoughts on this?

did you like it? why? why not?
>>
I opened it up, read a sentence, didn't like the sentence, closed the book, and never opened it again.
>>
>found a copy of this in a tiny used bookstore for $7
>took it up to the woman running the place
>hey, you only accept cash here, right?
>mhmm
>okay! well in that case, i'll be riiiiight back ;-)
>left and never went back

i never read this stinky ol' book
>>
Read it and enjoyed it. The consul was a memorable character but I didn't feel much attachment to the ex or his half-brother. There was some good writing in the book but I didn't feel it approached the Joycean heights it maybe aspired to?

It's worth the read and one of the better books I read these past few months. I might read it again when I have the time.
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.