[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /lit/ what do you think is the Western equivalent or rather,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: romance of the 3 kingdoms.jpg (15 KB, 191x263) Image search: [Google]
romance of the 3 kingdoms.jpg
15 KB, 191x263
Hey /lit/ what do you think is the Western equivalent or rather, has the most similarities to the style and impact of the Romance of the 3 kingdoms?
Arthurian legends?
>>
The Iliad is worth mentioning.
>>
>>8279337
True. Why that in particular though? Was (political) intrigue was as major in Iliad?
>>
>>8279314

King Lear?
>>
>>8279368
Not really, no. I drew the comparison based on the wide array of characters and the depiction of exceptional prowess in battle among them.
>>
>>8279671
I never read it but maybe I'll check it out.
>>
>>8279314
The Wild West
>>
>>8279314

>>8279337 and plutarch's works maybe? I'm not sure
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.