[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the Vincent van Gogh of Literature?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6
File: Vincent.jpg (2 MB, 1603x2026) Image search: [Google]
Vincent.jpg
2 MB, 1603x2026
Who is the Vincent van Gogh of Literature?
>>
What is the bicycle of dubstep?
What is the gelato of skateboards?
Who was the Budweiser beer of tectonic drift?
>>
Artaud
>>
File: Old Ed.png (2 MB, 1094x1532) Image search: [Google]
Old Ed.png
2 MB, 1094x1532
>>8279257

Probably Poe

>Relative to others in their profession, they were financial failures
>Only got their world-fame and success after they died
>Very entry-level of their respective genres, not very deep or complex, but with enough quality to entertain most with passing knowledge of Art/Literature
>>
>>8279275
>What is the bicycle of dubstep?
The Algorhithm
>>
File: Denny.jpg (570 KB, 1000x630) Image search: [Google]
Denny.jpg
570 KB, 1000x630
>>8279275
>What is the bicycle of dubstep?
The Denny (See pic-related)

>What is the gelato of skateboards?
The Arbor Pocket Rocket is as smooth as gelato

>Who was the Budweiser beer of tectonic drift?
Since you said who, I'm guessing you mean who's the king of tectonic drift research?

Because it's Frank Bursley Taylor
>>
>>8279370
Cool, thanks bro. Imagine I sent you a jpg of a dog.
Oh shit, I did.
>>
>>8279381
i think that would be the dubstep of bicycles, so you have that backwards
>>
Joyce
>>
>>8279544

How so?

I can't really see the comparisons between the two in either style or life situations
>>
Literally Heidegger. He writes extensively on a lot of his paintings
>>
>>8279257
The painter who wrote many letters to his bro.
>>
>>8279290
Van Gogh wasn't really entry-level, he was essential during the Post-Impressionist period. I wouldn't say his paintings aren't deep or complex either, his use of color and movement in his paintings create images of torture and human sensitivity. He was a genius that supplemented art to mature into the modern age.
>>
It's embarrassing how /lit/ can barely understand art history or think beyond the basic relation of artists within their own medium.

If anyone ever actually fucking read anything they'd know that early French novelists, especially naturalists, had a reciprocal influence with impressionist and post-imp painters. Van Gogh was more literate than this board and especially admired Zola, whose writing he described as akin to a painting. So OP, I guess your answer is Zola.
>>
>>8280274
Says one that does not know
>>
>>8280274
Nvm*, I read your post wrong. Dont use double-negatives where they dont belong I guess
>>
>>8279257
anyone read his letters? they are supposed to be pretty based, Heidegger apparently loved them. I took a peek and Van Gogh is a beautiful soul, quite winsome, but not sure it qualifies as "based AF"
>>
>>8280290
>It's embarrassing how /lit/ can barely understand art history or think beyond the basic relation of artists within their own medium.
>Nothing in thread that suggests this

>If anyone ever actually fucking read anything they'd know that early French novelists, especially naturalists, had a reciprocal influence with impressionist and post-imp painters.
Has nothing to do with the question
>Van Gogh was more literate than this board and especially admired Zola
Nothing to do with the question

>Read and admired Zola
>Therefore Zola
He also admired Shakespeare. So what is he? Zola or Shakespeare? He spoke four languages and loved reading but you reduced to one writer for some reason that isn't specified.
>>
>>8280290
Zola is absolute shit though.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.