[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do the humanities hate intellectual diversity?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: tmp_13788-166566-1202434137.jpg (14 KB, 267x400) Image search: [Google]
tmp_13788-166566-1202434137.jpg
14 KB, 267x400
Why do the humanities hate intellectual diversity?
>>
Properly speaking this is

>>>/his/

>>>/pol/

At the risk of helping a dumb thread along, let me just say that the concept of "intellectual diversity" is absurd: we would not expect a flat earther to be in every physics department.

Second, "the humanities" should not be confused with "university departments in the humanities since the 1960's." It's well known that certain departments have been inclined to an activist bent since that time, but attempting to account for it in terms of conspiracy (I recoil every time I read "cultural Marxism" in this context) or additional activism (one imagines, "We Demand Conservative Professors Now") accomplishes nothing.

Do your work, investigate the world, read your things, write your ideas, but for god's sake don't put on a fucking uniform and pretend like your'e in this or that army, making this or that stand about the quality of universities.
>>
>>8277339
>we would not expect a flat earther to be in every physics department.
That's because physics is objective. The humanities are subjective, and as such should welcome dissenting opinions.
>>
File: Presidential_2.jpg (609 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Presidential_2.jpg
609 KB, 400x300
>>8277339
Listen, I despise as much as you to such people (/pol/tards), but ... Anyway, read this text. Cultural Marxism is everywhere you like it or not...

http://www.psychologicalscience.org/index.php/publications/observer/2016/february-16/psychological-science-and-viewpoint-diversity.html
>>
>>8277324
Virtue signaling.
>>
>>8277361
The social sciences are not subjective, are sciences that study the society.
>>
They don't
>>
>>8277324
>Why do the Humanities students hate intellectual diversity?

Fix
>>
>>8277363
This graph is bullshit. Who decides what the 'centre' of politics is? Someone who accepts current political hegemony by the looks of this graph.
>>
>>8277374
Did you read the article?
>>
File: tmp_13788-laughing8-1629650299.jpg (47 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
tmp_13788-laughing8-1629650299.jpg
47 KB, 460x276
>>8277367
>The social sciences are not subjective, are sciences that study the society.
This is literally the state of western academia.
>>
>>8277361
>physics is objective
Get a loada this pleb, I bet you think math is a science too
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.