[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think about people who can't read or at least
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 640x738) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 640x738
What do you think about people who can't read or at least can't read very well. Do you blame them for there lacking reading abilities? Are they really missing out on much?
>>
What do you think about people who can't see or at least can't see very well. Do you blame them for there lacking sight abilities? Are they really missing out on much?
>>
>Are they really missing out on much?

yes
even reading light fiction gives you longer line of thought, better understanding of the world, bigger vocabulary etc
>>
>>8277070
>there

Kill yourself.
>>
>>8277070

I think they really are missing out, but I try not to blame them because they probably had a shit education or had bad parents or something.
>>
>>8278075
So a lack of interest in educating yourself is someone else's fault?
>>
>>8277070
>there
No I blame you for this bait-anon
>>
>>8278075
Yep. I used to be like that and my attitude really only changed by accident anyway.
>>
I've come to a point in my life where I now basically accept that within any human population there is a pre-figured distribution of Essential Types. The majority consists of the semi-aware, easily pleased and ideologically attached Contented Masses who are easily coerced into behaving and thinking whatever the dominating power wants them to. Then there are the more self-aware Petit Elite, who are mostly university-educated individuals who are often plagued by melancholy and even experience brief periods of profound thought, though ultimately they have more in common with the Contented Masses than any other demographic. The third and by far the most rare group, of which I count myself a member, are those who have transcended things like emotional attachment to reality, sincere empathy with others (beyond a projection of one's own immense self-pity onto the world in return for monetary reward, i.e. creating music and books) and who, despite their genius, are likely to die childless, financially poor and unesteemed by their contemporaries. Nietzsche, van Gogh, you name it. Some of us are so distinct in our mental capabilities that we drift through life as reluctant but profound observers, missing no detail, forgetting no fact, ignorant to no nuance offered by the external world that we are forced to share with people who do not understand us, do not envy us, and only value us when it is far too late.
>>
>>8278091
tl;dr fag
>>
>>8278091
2nd group masterrace
>>
>>8278091
Fucking nerds...
>>
>>8278080

If you've never learned or lack the resources, yes it can be.
>>
>>8278091
You probably have aspergers broski
>>
>>8277070
No, I think mass literacy was a mistake.

Good on you, OP.
>>
>>8278105
>>8278124
>>8278129
dummies detectected
>>
File: 1463851007459.png (86 KB, 351x371) Image search: [Google]
1463851007459.png
86 KB, 351x371
>>8278091
Trenbolone, 250mg/day, thank me by pissing in some sloots mouth
>>
File: tips Christian morality.jpg (21 KB, 474x528) Image search: [Google]
tips Christian morality.jpg
21 KB, 474x528
The higher tiers of education should not have been extended unto any non-geniuses.

The greater the quantity, the lower the quality.
>>
>>8278138
>>>/fit/

You post this way too often faggot
>>
File: 1456505915100.jpg (38 KB, 576x439) Image search: [Google]
1456505915100.jpg
38 KB, 576x439
If you can't read, you can't think.
None readers carry about them a miasma of retardation they are blind to.
People who defend Harry Potter and YA, who can't use a simple comma abound.

This is not even to make an elitist argument. It's much more basic. None reading is to intelligence as your mom buying your clothes for you at old navy at 20+ years of age is to fashion. It's a fucking disaster. It's not "missing something" it's missing everything, entirely.
To be entirely foreign to beautiful thinking.

I used to be filled with rage for every incoherent half thought I'd hear, as if it was malicious or designed; but, I've come to realize these poor souls can't keep two thoughts in their heads long enough to rub them together.

If your eyes drift from the page.
If your mind wanders ever few sentences, and you truly consider your brains craving for overstimulation normal.
If you have the memory of a gold fish, pretending short term memory is something you just don't, or can't possess.
If you can "remember faces but not names" even after embarrassingly long amounts of time.
If your ability to remember interesting facts unrelated to your work or study would leave you in the negative during jeopardy.
If you can't remember the order of entire historical periods, let alone events.
If you can't write with at least some minimal pride in your intended effect or method.
If you can't remember a single line, paragraph or whole poem or your favorite works.
If you think that that is okay.
If you can't guess vocabulary by its context, remember it and look it up later.
If you have never felt the crushing beauty a masterful writer can bring about you.

It's no way to continue living when it can be so easily set to right.
>>
>>8278233
I want to agree with you, I really do.

You're just too fucking autistic.
>>
>>8277104
>Longer line of thought
Fuck off, that is an effort you have to put in. It's not some complacent biproduct of reading.
>>
>>8278249
>> Fuck off, that is an effort you have to put in. It's not some complacent biproduct of reading.

by-product* m'nigga clearly you don't read
>>
>>8278233
my nigga, i agree for the most part but it's spelled non-reading not none reading
holy fuck yall niggas claim to read but can't even spell or punctuate, smdh.
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 350x284) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 350x284
>>8278255
>m'nigga
>>
File: 1444663988172.png (413 KB, 518x558) Image search: [Google]
1444663988172.png
413 KB, 518x558
>>8278144
It's solid goddamn advice fagtron

You'd know if you didn't have the test levels of a 15 year old girl
>>
>>8278267
I'll give the obligatory 'muh phone' excuse. But more importantly I'll admit you are correct and my post would have been better without that fuck up.
>>
>>8278143
Come on, at least do some basic consideration of your opinions before you post. It is necessary for "the masses" to be university educated in most Western countries because Western countries require an educated workforce. It's a product of the outsourcing of menial labor to developing countries. This "exclusive elite intelligentsia" thing is incredibly juvenile and ignorant of reality.
>>
>>8278091
You just called yourself a genius. Go do something noteworthy or fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>8277070
>there
>>
>>8278138

Enjoy your heart failure at 40 and your withered little testicles, you gargantuan fucking faggot.
>>
>>8278091

Legit 9.8/10 bait, people fucking bit despite the name. Amazing.
>>
>>8277070
It must suck to be ugly AND dumb.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.