[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
well that really took an unexpected turn near the end
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: goddmithaze.jpg (17 KB, 231x346) Image search: [Google]
goddmithaze.jpg
17 KB, 231x346
well that really took an unexpected turn near the end
>>
I recently read this book too. That shit is bleak, even by O'Connor's standards.
>>
>>8276115
>>8276121
How does it compare with her short stories? I've only read a few but I enjoyed them
>>
>>8276125
If you have read her short stories you might have read some of the chapters. She adapted the novel from her short stories, I think
>>
>>8276125
O'Connor really is a better short story writer than a novelist, but her novels are good. I like The Violent Bear It Away.

>>8276136
It was my understanding that there were like 4 stories she had written that she turned into Wise Blood.
>>
>>8276121
It's not that it's a depressing story, it's that it was a genuinely funny, at least to me, book with some serious themes for the first 80%, and then he literally murders that guy, blinds himself, and dies a slow, painful death while unknowingly making that old lady die alone in love with him . Also, the way Enoch's story ends is a super downer too, in a more subtle way. This is my first O'Conner story, are the rest like this?
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.