[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
will he ever finish the serie ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: george-rr-martin.jpg (31 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
george-rr-martin.jpg
31 KB, 620x413
>>
>>8275755
He'll finish The Winds of Winter but won't write the last one.
>>
>>8275764
Pretty much this. No way this fat fuck has enough brain activity left in him to finish the whole thing. On the bright side, it doesn't matter since the books have been generic crap for a while now.
>>
>>8275764
the fat fuck better writte some ending to major plot points in that one then
>>
Will I ever care?
>>
>>8276483
/this
I moved on years ago. Joe Abercrombie is a lot of fun.
>>
>>8276483

>I'll just shitpost then.

He has already finished both books. This is all a marketing stunt for the shows.

He wrote himself into a hell of a knot because he has at least a hundred characters in need of a satisfying closure and a shitload of sub plots. But the ket characters, and the ending, is already written.

Arya dies after killing her last target and lives through Nymeria, who then sacrifices her pack of 10 thousand wolves in the battle of the dawn.

Daenerys conquer westeros, Jaime kills Cersei. Jon makes peace with the others. Stannis defeat Ramsay and later die during the battle of the dawn. Daenerys dies. The iron throne is destroyed.

Winter wont end. The final chapter is similar to the ending of lord of the rings. Nymeria/Arya and ghost running through a covered in ice westeros with a pack of wolves while a bunch of westerosis hope for a better time, a new begining. A dream of spring.

Bran becomes a tree.

Done. Saved you guys a decade of waiting.
>>
>>8276508
Reading book 3 currently. These aren't actual spoilers,... right?
>>
>>8277161
No but they're fairly plausible for the two books left to come.
>>
Why doesn't someone lock him inside his house and force him to finish them?
>>
I legitimately hope he doesn't finish it.
>>
>>8275755
he's an anachronism, he shouldn't be where he is but somehow a multitude of infinitely complex circumstances has led to him being the most """""important""""" """""writer""""" in the world

he fucking types with one finger, seriously look it up, one fucking finger

he'll die before he finishes the last book for sure, and there's a good chance he'll die before finishing the current book as well
>>
>>8277694
How/why are some people like yourself on this board so spiteful?

It sounds like there's a few tangled nets down there in your subconscious if you legitimately feel good at the idea of ordinary people not getting what they like. Sure, if he doesn't finish it, then his particular literary style will be a little less perpetuated, but the opportunity cost that instead factors in will probably be another woeful rendition of postmodernism or some other 'out-of-the-box' YA shit. I hope they come out because my younger sister enjoys reading them and wants to tie the plot up.
>>
>>8277757
The series is poorly-written and there are much better fantasy novels that don't get as much attention as they deserve. I think people would be happier reading better fantasy novels, but marketing prevents that from happening.
>>
>>8277777
>>
>>8277777
WEW
>>
File: 1450278159897.jpg (406 KB, 804x946) Image search: [Google]
1450278159897.jpg
406 KB, 804x946
>>8277777
>>
File: 1467223987719.jpg (121 KB, 816x816) Image search: [Google]
1467223987719.jpg
121 KB, 816x816
>>8277777
quints have spoken
>>
>>8277777
He hardly got any marketing in the beginning, just a blurb from Robert Jordan. His series sold modestly until the fourth one came out. He got popular based solely on word of mouth and... *gasp* merit
>>
>>8277777
CHECK'D
>>8277843
based Greggioposter
>>
>>8277877
>>8277866
>>8277843
>>8277834
>>8277823

If the numbers start with 8 now, then what post was 7777777?
>>
>>8277891
you just have to check 500000 posts before that one in archives
>>
>>8277716
who has ever called him the most important writer in the world?
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.