[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lord Byron Bio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 205x246
What's a good biography of Byron, perhaps one that has in it elements of criticism
>>
Not so sure about biography but I did come across an older book of a man and several of his peers questioning Byron and detailing his opinions on religion and such if you're interested

Was a pretty rad man
>liked bois
>partied hard
>had sexual relations with shelley
>made a joke at his funeral
>set sail
>lived in Italy
>knew several languages

Jesus, you could go on and on
>>
>>8275553
>made a joke at his funeral

Elaborate, please?
>>
>>8275553
What's the title on that
>>
>>8275553

you forgot the part where he was sexually molested constantly as a child thus helping him along with his cuhrazy mother to develop into such a rad non god fearing man.
>>
Admit that Byron was no good.
>>
>>8275609
While attending his funeral, Byron made some joke that made the others gasp, but apparently it was a sort of inside joke between him and Shelley. I read it in one of the attendees letters, I'll be damned if I could find that again

>>8275614
I'll start searching, gotta do some backlogging

>>8275623
Byron was a god among men
>>
I have Byron: Life and Legend by Fiona McCarthy. It's alright for a narrative of Byron's private life but there's very little criticism of his work unfortunately.

Btw Byron was a disgusting, evil man. He literally went on a paedophilic holiday to Greece so he could molest young boys in safety. Put one 13-year old boy in hospital after sodomising him so much his anus tore. I'm not even making it up.

Fuck Byron. He's the shittiest of the Major Romantics anyway.
>>
What's best complete work of Byron poetry? Sans his play and any useless literary criticism.
I just want a book of all his poems
>>
>>8275774
I think anon is wondering HOW Bryon attend his own funeral.
>>
>>8275812
Prude.
>>
>>8275819
Bump
>>
>>8275819
Byron: The Major Works by Oxford classics

Has Don Juan and Childe Harold in their entirety plus some other narratives and all his good lyrics
>>
>>8275825
I think he meant at Shelley's funeral.

Clue: context.

He wasn't clear though.
>>
>>8275553
Yeah that rumour is complete bollocks though. Shelley hated homosexually because it reminded him of his time at Eton boarding school where he rebelled against the custom of "fagging" where you'd be the servant of a senior boy.

19th century English aristocrats were completely fucked up sexually.
>>
>>8275856
Oh, I thought OP was saying he had sexual relations with (Mary) Shelly, so the "his" made it sound like the object had changed.
>>
>>8275871
I'm sure he fucked them both, to be fair.
>>
>>8275893
I don't doubt it.
>>
Need titles and authors boys - or even essays
>>
bump.
I'm interested as well.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.