[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Personal Growth
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: EpkfIdex_400x400.jpg (21 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
EpkfIdex_400x400.jpg
21 KB, 400x400
Books that evoke in their reader some grade of personal growth without being complete jack shit. (self pitty-ish/John Green-ish/ Coelho-ish bullshit)

Pic related of the only author who I've actually found interesting, helpful and gifted with a great talent and domain of the language.
>>
File: 6389206._UY200_.jpg (5 KB, 131x200) Image search: [Google]
6389206._UY200_.jpg
5 KB, 131x200
Dostoyevsky, I agree.
>>
The Greeks in general, and especially the Iliad and Odyssey, have been a great help for me, particularly helping me understand amor fati.
>>
Dostoyevsky is a huge "Life is shit, buck up and quit bitching". Something this generetaion seems to need ASAP.
>>
>>8274259
bump
>>
File: Middlemarch.jpg (36 KB, 306x500) Image search: [Google]
Middlemarch.jpg
36 KB, 306x500
>>8274259
>>
>>8274426
>Implying his romanticist counterparts and their mainstream audience at the time was basically the exact same shit that some contrarian and self affirming fags are criticising nowadays for being To Weak And Pusy!
>>
>>8274614
how?
>>
>>8274259

>with a great talent and domain of the language.

You read him in the original Russian?
>>
....aren't all serious works of literary fiction supposed to do this? It's the whole point of reading that stuff instead of comparably entertaining genre fiction crap.
>>
File: steppenwolf-001[1].jpg (418 KB, 1647x2424) Image search: [Google]
steppenwolf-001[1].jpg
418 KB, 1647x2424
>>
>>8275592
I never read nay of his work cause i never found much interest in asian religous mambo jumbo. Is this a valid or am i mistaken?
>>
>>8275599
you won't find a lot , if any "mumbo jumbo" in a lot of his works.
narcissus and goldmund as well as demian for instance are more based on nieztsche's ideas of the appolonian vs the dionysian nature of man
>>
>>8274426
We need a good economy and some actual jobs as well mate.
>>
Dragon Ball Z
>>
>>8274426
You are complaining about people complaining.
>>
>>8275790

You are very witty
>>
>>8274259
enchiridion
>>
>>8275799
Youa re not
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.