[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this guy the best YouTube book reviewer?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9
>>
yes. he's certainly the most attractive too.
>>
>>8273627
>attractive
He looks like a rat.
>>
>>8273646
>not wanting to fuck rats
Fuck off Winston
>>
>>8273659

Kek.
>>
>>8273627
>skinny fat
>attractive
>>
>>8273620
To be honest, he does have some great reviews and is a pleasure to listen to, his only fault is that he can get really pretentious at times especially about his ice coffee and other vapid things which he rages on and on about
>>
>>8273734
This.
>>
I haven't watched all of his reviews but the ones I have are all very tryhard in the "le cool guy" department and are very, very surface level in terms of what he talks about

If you knew zip about a book before he reviews it, I guess that makes him a decent resource. Given that he practically only reads popular, well-known PoMo though, there isn't a real excuse to not know his books
>>
who's this? google failed me
>>
That's not bulletdeer
>>
>>8273905
Clifford
>>
I am
>>
bookchemist is way better
>>
>>8274260

Infinite Jest: the YouTube channel.
>>
>>8274260
Isn't bookchemist Italian

I wanna know if I have any competition
>>
They guy can't even write!
>>
>>8274264
This, but he also has a patrish taste in sci-fi.
>>
>>8274266
Scaruffi is also Italian
>>
>>8273659
>actually fucking rats
Fuck off, Father Fairing.
>>
>>8274289
He doesn't review books.
>>
>goatee
>black wife beater
>red wine

every time i see a new picture of this douchebag on here i want to punch him even more than i did before.
>>
>>8274531
I love the internet tough guy meme. It's one of my favorites.
>>
>>8273620
he does look like a rat
>>
You people lack imagination, here's a contender: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHtpSpfj0uY&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>8274571
Anyone who talks about books on youtube gets an F- from me.

I prefer, you know, *reading* analysis.
>>
>>8274583
Then read, why must I give a damn what you do?
>>
>>8273734
Am I the only one who feels like he knows he's pretentious?
I kinda think it's charming when he pokes fun at himself
>>
i'm a girl and i must admit i'd love for this guy to dominate me. i can imagine him messaging me over youtube after i spam his video comments section about how cute he is. i can imagine him asking where i'm from and realizing we're only like eight hours away by car. i can imagine turning up to a motel room in a short skirt and walking past reception with my heart in my mouth and going to the bathroom to make sure my pussy is shaven and that there's no pieces of toilet tissue stuck to it or anything. i would run my fingers up my pussy and then sniff and spray some perfume down there just in case. i would finally feel ready to go to his room after looking at myself in the mirror and feeling butterflies in my tummy. i can imagine going up to his room and knocking and feeling like "this is it, no turning back" and hearing him unlocking the door. i can imagine him standing back and allowing me to walk past him then slowly closing the door. i would turn around and attempt to make small talk but he'd already be rushing towards me, fondling my breasts and rubbing my cock through my skirt. i would be so flustered i'd begin kissing his chest and kiss all the way down to his toes and then i would blow his penis. we would have rough sex on the floor with him on top of me grinding his body into mine and performing scooping motions so that he gets really deep in my pussy. when he eventually cums there would be mascara and throat slobber all over my face. i'd be sort of crying and he would hold me and kiss my hair and tell me it's okay in a voice which makes me become hard again. i'd look at him to apologize for getting hard but he would just smile and gently place his fingers around my neck.
>>
>>8274598
you are very obviously not a girl.
>>
>>8274619
/reply
>>
>>8274591
I apologize for not posting a verbal video, to make this exchange easier on your brain.
>>
>>8274266
Sì, abita nella mia stessa città
>>
>>8273620
I have only seen his Paradise Lost review, which was pretty bad. FortheloveofRyan is much better, though his selection of books could be better.
>>
who is this guy? noone has mentioned it and im curious
>>
>>8274598
>perfume on pussy

so it taste like nickles and dimes? you almost had me (not really you fucking fag)
>>
>>8274818

>>8273620
Just watched his Collected Fictions review. It's bad, similar to Paradise Lost, he can't say anything interesting or in-depth about it. It's bland.

>Circular Ruins is his favourite Borges story
>It doesn't get any better than this. It has quite possibly the greatest ending I have ever, ever read.
lel
>>
>>8274838
Better than Food channel on youtube.
>>
>>8274838
Cliff Sargent
>>
>>8273895
Better Than Food: Book Reviews
>>
>>8273886
>only reads popular, well-known PoMo though

pleasr stop
>>
>>8274943
>implying he doesn't
when your channel primarily does pomo and some modernism, that's kinda bland
>>
>>8274951
he reviews the books he likes. Do you read every genre and philosophy book? oh maybe you do. get a life nerd.
>>
>>8273886
>I haven't watched all of his reviews

Opinion discarded.
>>
>>8274524
I'm pretty sure he reviews everything ever in his whole life.
>>
>>8275264
nope. his "literature" website section is only lists.
>>
File: 1452633096851.jpg (7 KB, 249x250) Image search: [Google]
1452633096851.jpg
7 KB, 249x250
>Hello there! This acclaimed classic is actually good! Who would have thought!
>Here's the summary from wikipedia, because plot matters A LOT
>Look at my dumb scarf!
>I only read a translation b-but the prose is still good!! [I won't tell you which translation I read because saying "the prose is good" doesn't actually have to mean anything, lol]
>>
>>8275291
>not sure if pasta or deja vu

Fuck, anon, you messed my sconce up for a moment.
>>
>>8275273
If he ever finds out about Harold Bloom expect his tastes to be remarkably similar then. I feel like that's the only person he'd copy for lit really.
>>
>>8274571
>cartoon representation of himself with the "smug face, left arm out" pose
no way jose
>>
>>8273620
You know you're dealing with a pleb like OP when he's looking for a literature version of needledrop.
>>
>>8273734
What are some reviews by him that you like?
>>
>>8273734
pretty much sums it up
>>
>>8274571
This guy is a furry and likes John Green novels and Undertale.
>>
>>8273620
Damn this nigga is fine as Hell, I hope my boys don't see this comment.
>>
File: 1464456676892.jpg (18 KB, 350x233) Image search: [Google]
1464456676892.jpg
18 KB, 350x233
>>8274571
>online literature scene
>>
>>8274598
pls continue and post feet.
>>
>>8273620
>swirls wine
>sips coffee
>>
File: Samuel-Beckett-1.jpg (124 KB, 540x729) Image search: [Google]
Samuel-Beckett-1.jpg
124 KB, 540x729
>>8276322
lmoa
>>
>>8274260

"Here are my top 5 [genre of lit], but first let me talk you about how awesome Infinite Jest is."

Overall he's a good reviewer though.
>>
>>8275291

Dont forget
>Ill review what you send in if you pay me enough
>But I have high standards
>>
File: 57b.jpg (16 KB, 325x325) Image search: [Google]
57b.jpg
16 KB, 325x325
>>8273620
>>8274260

Both have decent taste but shitty reviews. I hate how "Cliff Le Sargent" constantly stares blankly into the distance during his reviews, as if to convey that he is having some sort of epiphany or deep thought, but never says anything remotely thought provoking. I hate how the BookChemist literally masturbates to IJ in every video and only reads pomo. Still watch both sometimes when I'm bored.

>>8275408

I'm not even a Fantandrone but he's got more personality in his little pinky. Don't compare him to this poser.

>>8276322

kek
>>
>>8275408

He mentions Fantano at some point in his upload on July 10, and said that he wanted to be the book version of him.

This (I think) was after I saw a thread on here by someone asking who is the Fantano of /lit/. He probably browses this board.
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 640x901) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 640x901
>>8275066
>do typu read every genre and philosophy book
>get a life nerd

Made my night, anon
>>
>>8275264
lol
>>
>>8276622
>He probably browses this board.
i have similar suspicions. /mu/ too probably. but in the same video he says he didn't know what reddit was
>>
>>8276602
>stares blankly into the distance
He keeps his script offscreen
>>
holy shit... everyone in this thread kill yourselves
>>
>>8276622
no, the video upload was before that post, i remember i had watched his video when i saw it here
>>
i cant stand the guy

look at his fucking hair

what a faggot
>>
>>8274598
>and rubbing my cock through my skirt

oops
>>
Go for cosmoetica instead.
>>
>>8274598
>spraying perfume on pussy
yeah, you're a dude.
perfume burns.

also that guy lurks here.
>>
>>8273620
his book reviews are garbage

you should be watching this on youtube instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwOB9Ja2JzI
>>
>>8278677
u a girl?

if so, does intelligence turn you on? Heard some chicks throw around the term sapiosexual but I figured it was just a meme.

any woman is free to answer this.

also men. who cares. just indicate gender.
>>
>>8279354
cleverness is a pretty big deal, if a girl can make me laugh with any consistency she can jump from like a 7 to a 10 pretty quick
>>
File: john.jpg (208 KB, 945x702) Image search: [Google]
john.jpg
208 KB, 945x702
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-AD7nVvzpc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy4yPONrvDo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijXdaHgIHK4

This guy is perfect for /lit/. He is into the leftist shit that you faggots love, only reads literary fiction and philosophy, and looks the part.
>>
>>8278652
looks like pretty standard hipster doofus hair
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMD18ZF0MLo

Far superior.
>>
>>8281311
>Oedipus ain't no bitch
I love this
>>
>>8281311
It's funny for 2-3 videos, after that it's just sad.
>>
who
>>
>>8273734
I don't think he takes himself too seriously at all.
>>
He's starting to get worse in terms of quality.

His Day of the Locust review was a joke. He spent the first five minutes talking about wine and noir movies, ten minutes summarizing the novel without even mentioning Homer Simpson, arguably the most important character, and then it just kind of fizzled out.

He has great moments but he's really got to start learning to edit. I'm not watching an hour-long video about an Ernest Hemingway short story.
>>
File: NeilGriffiths.jpg (84 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
NeilGriffiths.jpg
84 KB, 512x512
This is the greatest "booktuber" if only he posted more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjsB3sXdLB4
>>
>>8279599
John Green in a fat suit?
>>
>>8281471
Maybe it's because I watched only a few reviews that were a year old or so, but it felt like his videos were over-edited. I have a really hard time enjoying listening to someone who cuts after every sentence or two.
>>
>>8279454
But that implies she should already be a 7 to begin with.
>>
>>8279354
To be honest I would have asked for a sapiosexual girl some years ago and I would have probably considered myself as such. Not now though. I've come to realize that finding a caring, warm, heartful woman is so much more important I can't even describe it. It really puts any kind of discussion you could have about the interpretations of Hegel's works in perspective.

Sometimes I still fantasize about fucking a girl while she reads proust aloud though.
>>
>>8281727
His soft monotone voice puts me to sleep.
>>
>>8282068
In a good way right.
>>
>>8281471
>I'm not watching an hour-long video about an Ernest Hemingway short story.
he read the whole short story you dingbat. It's not his fault you lack a sense of attention
>>
He tricked me into reading 2666 and I'll never forgive him for that.
>>
>>8282326
Why was it a trick? What happened when you read 2666.
>>
>implying the best booktubers aren't all YA whores

Step up /lit/. Abookutopia and Peruseproject are the GOAT at reviewing books.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1rBCec80Hw
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.