[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The entire arts and humanities academia-media-publishing culture
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: Stirner.gif (10 KB, 279x305) Image search: [Google]
Stirner.gif
10 KB, 279x305
The entire arts and humanities academia-media-publishing culture is posturing bullshit.

All claims of artistic worth are unfalsifiable. All philosophical claims are unfalsifiable. The Munchhausen trilemma shows that we can never know anything except for our inability to know anything. We can accept shared axioms but obviously anyone can pick different axioms (e.g., "Murder is good").

The Stirner meme is a version of what I have said above but it's only done because pretentious people only bother entertaining ideas that have been mentioned by published people.

>inb4 "shut up you five year old, become a christian like us mature gentlemen of taste"
>inb4 "reeeeee I can't hear you!"
>>
>post-modernists browse /lit/
>>
so?
>>
>>8273527

Look, there he goes again. Packaging things up and throwing them in to discrete areas like his professor told him to. Yeah, that shows understanding.
>>
>>8273521

>All philosophical claims are unfalsifiable.

Do you actually think about what you type?
>>
>>8273536
That's the first time I've mentioned post-modernism on /lit/. Ironic that you'd complain about branding and disposing of things when your entire post revolves around the belief that all art and philosophy is pretentious and subjective.
>>
The Stirner meme is perfect for 4chan. First it is a cartoon, very weeboo, second it is just a conceited dismissal of everything by and enlightened simpleton (hat optional) who thinks they are profound by parroting "spook" like a swear word, not much different to "cuck".

It gives everyone a weak but unassailable theoretical position to say fuckit let's just doss about and smoke. Look at those losers achieving things, making money, (lol) being happy, (spook) having meaningful relationships (cuck) etc. Poor fools they will never understand like me that everything they do is meaningless.
>>
there he goes conflating meaning and truth again
>>
>>8273566
Did you read Stirner?
>>
>>8273521
yeah but its useful for my ends and i like it so there
>>
>>8273521
If you can't see how these problems extend over the whole sphere of human knowledge, read more.
>>
>>8273521
Fuck off with your weekly munchausen threads you bloody autistic cuck of a lad
>>
Gah, I hate it when they take their first Philosophy 101 course.
>>
File: 1425376927610.jpg (52 KB, 720x537) Image search: [Google]
1425376927610.jpg
52 KB, 720x537
>>8273521
>>
>>8273566
this.
>>
>>8273722
like most people on /lit/, probably you as well.
>>
>>8273566
>It gives everyone a weak but unassailable theoretical position to say fuckit
Translation: they don't donate to my church.

>let's just doss about and smoke.
That's how you'd live without spiritual threats hanging over you? You poor man.

>Look at those losers achieving things, making money, (lol) being happy, (spook)
Dude, what? The pursuit of tangible success is more in line with Stirner's philosophy than with whatever you're selling.
>>
>>8274360
>Stirnerite assumes person who disagrees with him is a Christian
>>
>>8273521
...And? Is there something you intend to do about that? Got a better way of doing things?

Okay, you're disillusioned. Great. Good for you. Who gives a shit?
>>
>>8274360
>weak
>unassailable

Pick one
>>
Can we prohibit stem autists from posting on /lit/?

I swear to god, if tomorrow the word "unfalsifiable" disappeared in a Perechian way, these people would drop dead in a heartbeat.

So what something is "unfalsifiable", you retards? It's not like you can claim anything is completely aprehensible and understandable, not even your precious "natural sciences".
>>
>>8274708

OP here. The space for unfalsifiable thoughts is infinite.

But my whole point is that the academia-media-publishing I complex and its pseudo intellectual hangers on ONLY SHIT ON CERTAIN unfalsifiable thoughts. They claim that they solely have the ability to do this.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.