[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who agrees with Nagasawa? I certainly do... at least in principle.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
Who agrees with Nagasawa? I certainly do... at least in principle.
>>
That's fair enough, but it does mean you're missing out on interesting new things.
>>
>>8273019

This is the dumbest shit I've ever heard. Considering it was ultimately written by Murakami, I should have been expecting that.

How do you define a 'baptism of time'? How would a 'baptism of time' change the fundamental concepts and values of a book? Why does an author need to be dead first? Should we not support authors when they are alive to hear feedback and reap the benefits of their work?

This is like when people start to wank over an artist after they die, it's horseshit to make themselves seem diligent when they're really just intellectually lazy and unwilling to engage content until other people form an idea on it.
>>
I agree with him.
>>
What bullshit. My favorite author is still alive.
>life is too short, better not take chances and only read what people tell me are masterpieces
I understand the feeling of not wanting to waste your time but when you decide to not try at all, that just becomes pathetic.
>>
>>8273425

Recommend me contemporary literature that isn't horseshit famalam.
>>
>>8273019

lol no.

that "baptism of time" line is just a very pompous way of saying that he wants his options to be subjected to decades of peer review before he even thinks of reading it because he lacks the critical faculty to really discern for himself what it is that he is reading.

typical sophomoric git.
>>
>>8273487

>because he lacks the critical faculty to really discern for himself what it is that he is reading.

How do you even come to that conclusion? He said he doesn't want to sift through garbage in hopes of finding something good because it's a waste of time. It has nothing to do with being unable to understand what he's reading.
>>
>>8273019
This might be the most retarded thing I've ever read in my life.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.