[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what point does life-apologetics enter into his philosophy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: download (3).jpg (9 KB, 205x246) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
9 KB, 205x246
At what point does life-apologetics enter into his philosophy? What is so distasteful about suicide that causes philosophers to go full retard and come up with ad-hoc rationalizations for why its wrong?
>>
>>>/his/
>>
>>8271231
The Plague
>>
>>8271231
The problem here is that you a) assume that there is nothing wrong with suicide and that b) all arguments as proposed by philosophers are just rationalisations.

Unless you are some sort of super genius, or that everyone else who has every done philosophy is amazingly stupid and for some reason no one smart ever decided to do it, you should maybe consider the option that there might, just might be some well reasoned idea as to why one shouldn't kill oneself.
>>
>>8271231

The act of suicide itself wouldn't be such a big deal if it didn't emotionally harm so many people around you. A lot of philosophy that people are into deal with actually giving a fuck about the world around you not just act like a self-absorbed autismal fuck all day.
>>
File: 1466734118816.jpg (68 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
1466734118816.jpg
68 KB, 400x388
>>8272521
>self-harm isn't immoral harm
>the only type of harm that matters is emotional
>>
>>8272512
Nah, they solved it, but then they all killed themselves
>>
>>8271231
killing a man knowing you will get sentenced to death is kinda a roundabout way of committing suicide
>>
>>8272521
True, the suicidal infuriate me. They should know that no matter what they're going through, their continued existence is essential to my happiness. They should realize my feelings are far more important than theirs.

The selfishness makes me what to vomit. They earned their place in hell.
>>
>>8272512
What is wrong with suicide? Specifically what is wrong with suicide if you accept Camus' ontology?

And where did I say all philosophers are stupid or whatever this nonsense is? I mean I can accept Kant's view of suicide because Kant espoused a system of virtue ethics. Camus' in particular makes no sense. There is no reason to flagellate yourself by embracing the stupid when you could just as easily be dead
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.