[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a more manipulative shit in literature than Edmund from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: edmund king lear.jpg (96 KB, 460x300) Image search: [Google]
edmund king lear.jpg
96 KB, 460x300
Is there a more manipulative shit in literature than Edmund from King Lear?
>>
>>8270179

Yeah, Iago. To a certain extent Ulysses from Troilus and Cressida as well.
>>
>>8270179
I thought the leader kid in the group of young boys from The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea was pretty bad, actually. He persuades his friends to kill a kitten and to kill the sailor from what I remember, all the while expressing no sense of remorse.
>>
>>8270179
Probably not, but I'd like to say fuck john claggart
>>
>>8270252
billy budd is so good tbo
>>
Iago
>>
The Synagogue of Satan
>>
Iago. Master trolling. Falstaff is good, but loses in the end.
>>
>>8270179
Edith Stoner. Relegating him to a porch, letting neighbour kids fuck up his manuscript and work and trying to divide him and his child. Hated her.

Plus that fat cripple from Temple of the Gold Pavillion.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.